• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I went into my first online free roam match, and immediately started getting yelled at by southern black dudes

and then there were white people pretending to sound black as well

Yeah I've heard that too, just mute them all or find another lobby.

If I don't have friends online I just go into an invite only session and make money.

MisterNoisy

I went into my first online free roam match, and immediately started getting yelled at by southern black dudes

and then there were white people pretending to sound black as well

Heh - dunno if it's that so much as the fact that the people matching those descriptions tend to be very... talkative.

Some of the people I meet online in this game are vile. Yesterday I was playing in a lobby and two dudes were calling a girl every name under the sun just because she kept on owning their asses. She didn't seem to mind, though, she just kept on laughing, taunting them, and then continuing to own them. It was hilarious to hear two grown ass men get so frustrated over not being able to kill what sounded like a teenage girl.

shermas

Online been flakey for anyone else the last ~2 days? Been hard to join jobs and keep getting dropped from lobbies.

Im on xbox one and I've had troubles the last couple days... tried to play the featured playlist and I got booted after two events. Spent a LOT of time up in the clouds, trying to get in a game. Been awful.

torontoml

Trying to decide if I should bring my ps4 home on vacation or not. I have no plans while I'm home, I'd love to play this for like a week straight but I think it'll become a distraction and I won't do other things because of it.

Razgreez

GTA Online virgin here. Got myself up to lvl 9 with a few hours of play (mostly playing contact missions as they seem to be the most fun/least risky).

Feel like I could be progressing more efficiently though so tips are welcome and i'll be doing some reading today to see how i can go about improving my character and rep as quickly as possible.

In the GMT/UTC +2 timezone and my psn is Razgreez_One

Striker

The online kiddies are mostly entertaining in my opinion.
Same here. Mostly try to get into full ones just in case I get a mission or race that looks entertaining.

Looking for speedbikes on the street. Only have found a Ruffian so far. Not sure I want to buy one online since I may want to sell it if I don't like it.

Same here. Mostly try to get into full ones just in case I get a mission or race that looks entertaining.

Looking for speedbikes on the street. Only have found a Ruffian so far. Not sure I want to buy one online since I may want to sell it if I don't like it.
Buy the Akuma or Baiti, fully modded they are the fastest accelerating things in the game, and are the two fastest bikes. You can still sell vehicles that you buy from the internet, but these bikes are good to have just sitting in your garage just in case you enter a bike race that allows custom vehicles.

Buy the Akuma or Baiti, fully modded they are the fastest accelerating things in the game, and are the two fastest bikes. You can still sell vehicles that you buy from the internet, but these bikes are good to have just sitting in your garage just in case you enter a bike race that allows custom vehicles.
I second the Akuma. It seems to smoke every single other bike I come across. It's cheap all around, and wicked fast.

The Llama

Have there been any more rumors about houses? I remember there was that leak or whatever a few weeks ago. Is it just assumed that they'll come whenever heists come?

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
What are the chances of a car door getting revenge on me and my rocket launcher?

http://xboxclips.com/Broken+Beans/ff...f-d5f6f78c23f5
lol

4 stars for a liquor store holdup out in the sticks?

No getaway car?

Guess I have a train to catch...

http://xboxclips.com/Thorn+Harvestar...8-cd2c27587a4b

(audio desyncs at 3:05, sadly. Video goes a little long because I included my friend's attempt to parachute down)

nice train getaway, did you plan that? it looked to good !

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
No. I didn't think it would even be possible to catch at first. Never tried boarding a moving train in GTAV before this so I was totally expecting to somehow get caught under a wheel and wasted

That was good luck. Every time I try to jump on the train I get run over lol. Did the wanted stars eventually go away ?

What's with the masks anyway? I've never read up on why masks are a good thing to have when you rob a super market etc

It can lower the wanted star by one if you take it off or on when you are not seen. Also supposed to stop the shop owner from recognizing you.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Yeah, eventually I stopped shooting down cop helis and lost the stars when the train went in a loooong tunnel

Nice, I think I'm going to try doing that, I probably will fail.

which car is the fastest? i want something that flies, just for super races that allow custom cars. thanks.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/745785-best-fully-upgraded-cars-countdown/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wbIhr5Nacw

I prefer the Turismo R, I don't like how the Zentorno looks.

Grinchy

Banned
I prefer the Turismo R, I don't like how the Zentorno looks.

Yeah I love the Turismo. I like the way it looks and the way it drives.

turismok4s9l.jpg

mmmmmmmm

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member

GQman2121

Banned
Played a two round capture the other night with six people total and the payout for the winners was over $26,000. The losing side received just under $21,000. Why are people not playing these modes more? They're fun and pay incredibly well, especially with free aim.

waypoetic

Banned
Played a two round capture the other night with six people total and the payout for the winners was over $26,000. The losing side received just under $21,000. Why are people not playing these modes more? They're fun and pay incredibly well, especially with free aim.

I'd play capture missions if the GAF-crew played. I don't wanna play those things with randoms

I'd play capture missions if the GAF-crew played. I don't wanna play those things with randoms
I'd kill to play a large GAF capture, or other mission types like that. According to R*, I have done less than 10 DMs, TDMs, and capture matches total I think. I remember one...it was awesome...bascially "keep away", except everyone is in their own Lazer. In the heart of downtown. How could people not love that stuff?!?! I just have only played all of those with 2-4 people, so, hardly enough to even begin to make it fun, or fair.

Tigress

I would too.

I also think there's a lot of creative stuff you can do in free roam if people are willing to get together and agree to a set of rules (has to be invite only so you can have people you trust to stick to the rules).

I've said this several times before (mainly cause I'd love to participate in something like this) but I've seen stuff done in let's plays where a group agrees to turn off maps and player labelling and do manhunts where one group of people hunts a small team of people or one person with some rules (they found it was best to mandate the people hunting had to get out of the car to shoot the hunted person. I guess they foudn it was too unbalanced otherwise?). It allowed things like the hunted and hunters to try to pretend like they were just AI and sneak up on people (unfortunately you can't get rid of GTA telling you you can set up a race with some one).

Hell, even just taking advantage of setting up random race with some one, all things fair (just set the target and go).

Also, saw one where they decided to try to do things like drive along a river and you had to keep at least part of the car in the water. Or try to drive around the island and you couldn't touch pavement (in a bus). Or races with tractor trailers where if your trailer disconnects you are disqualified.

Or one where one person played the hostage and one group the people holding hte hostage and the other group had to free the hostage.

Or the one IGN showed where people set up a demolition derby on top of the tallest skyscraper, last man standing wins.

There is a lot of stuff you can do with GTA if you have people willing to abide by set up rules and you don't have to rely on the game to arbitrate the rules (it just means you have to have people you trust won't cheat). Hell, I'm just listing stuff I've seen done (unfortunately only in videos. Ok, one time I was on a server where a group of friends were playing red coats against blue coats and had some rules they would set up like they decided on one play through no scoping). I'm sure with creative people we could come up with more random games you could play.

It actually is one reason it annoys me that most people seem to just want to shoot at each other (and randomly, not even set up games). There's so much potential for fun stuff you could do if you could find people willing to abide by sets of rules set up to make it more interesting. And not all of it has to be just kill each other either! Some can be totally peaceful stuff (I mean the game has a lot of driving/cars in it).

neoism

Guys anyone willin to friend me I have played in a week or so but will be on more ps4 psn ne0ism- most of my gaf friends only play Destiny...

The Llama

If its like the missions I've done, they just take FOREVER. But they can be fun.

Top Bottom