• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kadokawa Games Studio announces two new projects for Playstation platforms

Amir0x

Banned
drpgwowspke8.png

drpgwow3y1u4q.png

532842.jpg

532843.jpg

532844.jpg

532845.jpg

532846.jpg

532847.jpg

For PlayStation, no other platforms confirmed yet

KADOKAWA GAMES×FROMSOFTWARE MEDIA BRIEFING 2014 AUTUMN
Two projects where shown, one is labelled as DRPG and one as SRPG.
Playstation logo is there, but nothing else about the platform.

The first project, dubbed Project Code: Daten, is a dungeon RPG themed around the Cthulu mythos.

The second project, dubbed Project Code: Tsukiyomi, is a simulation RPG themed around Japanese mythology.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/11/kadokawa...t-dungeon-simulation-rpgs#lrox4Pwb6rLovAr8.99

Link

Qvoth

The left one, it said kuturfu mythology x drpg
Is that what the Japanese call cutlthu or whatever it is?

Right one is Japanese mythology x srpg

Wtf is drpg anyway? Dungeon rpg? Dungeon crawling?

Pennywise

The left one, it said kuturfu mythology x drpg
Is that what the Japanese call cutlthu or whatever it is?

Right one is Japanese mythology x srpg

Wtf is drpg anyway? Dungeon rpg? Dungeon crawling?

Had this in the other topic :

Project Fallen Heaven with something about Cthulhu mythology ?

The other project is about japanese mythology, as far as I can tell from the translation.

18-Volt

I'm assuming SRPG is for Vita, DRPG is for PS4. And From is involved.

I'm hoping that NIS America grabs both titles for localization.

Kadokawa needs to prove themselves with their first outing as From's owner.

Their games up to this point have largely felt like underfunded kusoge games, like Activision's licensed games. They need to show that they can play with the big boys to an extent.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I don't know what this is but I need a good Strategy RPG. There aren't enough of them, truly. Why don't they announce these things at PS Experience? I know the audience is different but a game announcement is a game announcement.

Do we have any idea what the scale of these projects are?

Takao

Banned
I don't know what this is but I need a good Strategy RPG. There aren't enough of them, truly. Why don't they announce these things at PS Experience? I know the audience is different but a game announcement is a game announcement.

Do we have any idea what the scale of these projects are?

Because a western localization for these isn't confirmed?

Just so I'm not mixing this up- DRPGs are that first person dungeon crawling genre? And SRPGs are like Disgaea and Agrest with square tiles everywhere?

duckroll

Erm, just out of curiosity, are we even sure these are From Software games? It says "Kadokawa Games Studio" in the presentation slides, and this is an ongoing conference right now covering both Kadokawa and From Software titles...

Amir0x

Banned
Erm, just out of curiosity, are we even sure these are From Software games? It says "Kadokawa Games Studio" in the presentation slides, and this is an ongoing conference right now covering both Kadokawa and From Software titles...

not sure. I just copied from link, I can't read Japanese :(

Actually the second link just says Kadokawa Games announced these, so maybe not From Software. Good eye. This is confusing heh

Takao

Banned

natural doctrine 2

duckroll

The press conference seems to be ongoing right now. So if they're doing Kadokawa announcements first, we might be getting From stuff soon.

Top Bottom