• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are there any good FPS to look forward to?

I know that there are some good FPS games we got this gen so far (Metro Redux, Wolfenstein, Titanfall, recently Far Cry 4)
But now I look at the games that are announced and I realize that there isn't really anything in the FPS genre I'm looking for.
There's Battlefield Hardline but meh I'm not really interested in that. Same thing for the next CoD we'll get in a year.
Doom 4 is announced but we don't really know much about it and who knows how long it will take until it's out.
And of course Halo 5 but that's just on Xbox One and I'm not really a fan of Halo
Other than that it seems that there isn't really much or am I wrong?

Do we finally need Half-Life 3?

EDIT: I'm not a PC gamer I think I should mention

meptrep

All those arena shooters slated for release next year. Unreal, Toxikk(is that the right spelling?), Reflex and then Cliffy B's F2P arena shooter that sounds kind of awful.

SerTapTap

Not that I'm all that interested in. Just going to be playing Borderlands TPS until Borderlands 3 comes out and hoping Doom 4 doesn't suck.

There's UT4 though, that's sounding good, who knows when it'll be "done" though

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Star Wars Battlefront. Have a feeling it's gonna be awesome.

jelly

Battlefront with Star Wars mega hype.

That Black Tusk teaser makes me want another Perfect Dark or something like espionage with some third person action mixed in and open ended game play.

I think we need a lot less Hollywood hand holding and especially this looks cool but I'm doing nothing scenes.

Good FPS games generally come up unexpectedly. If you aren't into the annual releases, then just bid your time until a good one releases.

Coming from someone who hated MW3, BO2 and Ghosts, Advanced Warfare is really fun.

Also is it wort getting Metro Redux for £30 on PSN? Never played them so not sure if that's value or not.

Right I totally forgot about Battlefront.
But until I haven't seen actual gameplay I'm still sceptical about it

Do we know what the guys from 4A Games are working on? Are they making another Metro or do they work on a new IP?

For me Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront (assuming it doesn't have the same launch problems as BF4).

That's my concern. There's no way they'll be delaying Battlefront if it needs more time in the oven. DICE will be forced to launch alongside the movie regardless of quality.

Now that you mention it, FPS is one of my favourite genres but I can't think of many forthcoming games in the genre besides the typical sequels.

I hope for another Call of Juarez that's the same high quality as Gunslinger.

I look forward to seeing what Guerrilla Cambridge do with the Killzone franchise next.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Zarx

Right I totally forgot about Battlefront.
But until I haven't seen actual gameplay I'm still sceptical about it

Do we know what the guys from 4A Games are working on? Are they making another Metro or do they work on a new IP?

They are working on a new sci-fi IP set on alien worlds, with a lighter tone and with more open gameplay. As well as another Metro project.

Klart

Dying Light, Dead Island 2, Planetside on PS4, Borderlands 3 (you can bet your ass it's coming to next gen soonish).

Uiki

All those arena shooters slated for release next year. Unreal, Toxikk(is that the right spelling?), Reflex and then Cliffy B's F2P arena shooter that sounds kind of awful.

Toxikk is still q4 2014 (but i don't think it will make it).

Reflex is already out in early access.

SerTapTap

Dying Light, Dead Island 2, Planetside on PS4, Borderlands 3 (you can bet your ass it's coming to next gen soonish).
You mean TPS? Might get a next gen port of that, I doubt BL3 will be "soonish" since they stated they're not working on it yet. It'll happen I'm sure, but I'm not expecting it before 2016

mekes

A new Doom game is on the way, isn't it? I do remember hearing of some good impressions a few months back.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Think the traditional FPS genre is dead. Means I'm pleasantly surprised when something like Wolfenstein appears.

I think Hardline will surprise a lot of people. I believe it will be really good

Couple of reasons: -Visceral is awesome
-They are really listening on twitter and adding stuff the community really want (less suppression for example)
-All the CTE changes from bf4 + more will be included from the start

A new Doom game is on the way, isn't it? I do remember hearing of some good impressions a few months back.

I expect it's still a couple of years from release, and frankly I'm very sceptical about it considering how Beth feel the need to hide it from anyone except mega-fans.

Top Bottom