• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird PS4 bug - Just earned a trophy for a game I haven't played

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Kind of a curious thing so I decided to share.

Had downloaded both these games remotely while I was at work.
I get home and notice two icons for Secret Ponchos.

However one of them is actually Titan Attacks.
You can see here the background has the Titan Attacks art.

15312382694_5c37f0db86_b.jpg

15314993083_82e3b7249e_b.jpg

I'm playing the game, and suddenly I earn a trophy.
I check to see what it was for, and notice Titan Attacks isn't on my Trophy List.
However Secret Ponchos is there even though I hadn't started that game yet.

Not only that, but the trophy earned was for Secret Ponchos.
As you can see here, I seemed to have earned one that would come after an earlier trophy in terms of progression. Oh gosh, I hope Sony doesn't think I'm hacking trophies now because of this...

15747345770_dd739eb54d_b.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
I'm going to delete Titan Attacks and re-download it. Hopefully that fixes whatever wires got crossed.

Dsyndrome

I noticed I got a ultra-rare trophy for Dragon Age the other day just by fucking around on the War Council, totally unrelated to anything I did in the game (I never remodeled Skyhold...). Never had that happen before, don't know if related.

seat

They realize you're such a hardcore gamer, you don't even need to have played the game to get a trophy from it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just earned the 10 match win streak for Secret Ponchos by beating Earth on Titan Attacks.

That would have been a bitch to earn. :)

jwk94

Yeah a friend of mine got a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition trophies even though she hadn't actually gotten that far in the game.

Lucky you aren't a trophy whore. Imagine getting a random trophy that would stuff up your 100% stats. You'd be compelled to buy the game just to complete it.

I noticed I got a ultra-rare trophy for Dragon Age the other day just by fucking around on the War Council, totally unrelated to anything I did in the game (I never remodeled Skyhold...). Never had that happen before, don't know if related.

The trophy for upgrading your throne requires you to complete gather operations, it was probably that.

Sony saw you played The Crew beta and is trying to make you feel better.

Is trophy visibility available in the PS4 OS? I'd want that off of my lists because it would look horribly confusing.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Had this happen a week or two ago, got a free Gold and Silver trophy for Dead Nation and I had only installed it, not played.

Even weirder though was last week I earnt the first trophy for GTAIV on PS3 when 1) I've never played the game and 2) My PS3 was in transit/sitting in customs in NZ after shipping from Aussie. Get items back tomorrow so will be booting up the PS3 and checking the save file.

-griffy-

Banned
I had a similar issue when I installed a new HDD into the system not too long ago. I had to redownload all my games, and when I was done I couldn't find Shadow of Mordor. Then I noticed I had two icons for Diablo 3, but one of them was labeled Shadow of Mordor. In my case I couldn't even start the game so I didn't get any false trophies. I deleted the messed up Shadow of Mordor/Diablo 3 hybrid and redownloaded it and all was fine.

.J.

Banned
I had a similar issue when I installed a new HDD into the system not too long ago. I had to redownload all my games, and when I was done I couldn't find Shadow of Mordor. Then I noticed I had two icons for Diablo 3, but one of them was labeled Shadow of Mordor. In my case I couldn't even start the game so I didn't get any false trophies. I deleted the messed up Shadow of Mordor/Diablo 3 hybrid and redownloaded it and all was fine.

Yeah, this is what it is, OP. Same thing happened when I downloaded COD:AW and The Crew's beta at the same time. Had two Crew icons and nothing would work. I had to delete both items, do...some safe mode thing--I don't know what it was now, forgive me--then redownload each game individually.

Definitely call amazon and return the trophy as you didn't pay for it.
LOL

MikeyB

Necro-posting here, but that just happened to me as well. Yesterday, I earned trophies for Dead Nation, Rogue Legacy, and Transistor. Played the first several months ago, the second several weeks ago, and the last one not at all. I changed my passwords to be safe.

EGOMON

I thought I was the only one!
I have Capcom vs Marvel 3 trophies on my PS4 and I never played that game!

Zee-Row

Banned
I've had trophies that I've already earned pop up in Bloodborne. Adds nothing to your trophy level but still weird.

Top Bottom