• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I propose that for the next month, I eat nothing but tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Man

Starting tomorrow, Monday, April 17th 2006, I will consume nothing but cold tuna and water for an entire month. Once a day I may consume 8 ounces of either orange or apple juice. Don't try to talk me out of it, I am going to do it.

I urge fellow GAFfers to take part in my protest of all consumables that are not tuna related. Expect me to ramble about this in random intervals. Also, beginning tomorrow, I will begin making daily journal posts, possibly in this thread, about my tuna-related adventures.

If I fail at the endeavor, I must eat nothing but fried red meat for a full month.

goodcow

Please make sure to at least get high quality tuna, like Crown Prince, so the mercury levels won't be as bad.

Yamaha98

Tuna makes a good sandwich that is heavy on protein, ideal after a good workout. Also try low-fat cottage cheese w/ your favorite fruit or vegetable (I prefer baby carrots) for those protein-hungry muscles.

Luv's me them protein's! :)

White Man

Jak140 said:
You might want to look at this first:
http://gotmercury.org/

Also, isn't canned tuna pre-cooked, so you're still eating cooked fish.

Yes but it's not warm cooked fish. How much tuna is in a serving? I am willing to take the mercury poisioning risk. After I die, use this thread to get tuna outlawed in the US. If something dangerous only in insane circumstances can lead to death, then that thing MUST BE BANNED.

EDIT: Also how much tuna is considered to be in a serving? Trying to see how ludicrous this is on the calculator.

Oh shit, in one week: 3300% of recommended mercury intake. That's assuming 24 ounces (3 8 ounce servings) a day.

Hayami

Banned
I ate about 6-10 cans of tuna a week for like three years, and I'd get nervous and sweaty easily. Now I haven't eaten tuna in six months and that doesn't happen at all. So hey, make of that what you WILL.

I love tuna, too. Where the hell else can you get 30g protein for $.50.

joeposh

Living off water and tuna... what are you a cat? Have fun with that. I can't even stand the smell of that stuff, let alone bare eating it exclusively.

White Man

So are there no other STRAIGHT TUNA EDGERS out there? Follow me and I will show you how to live a better life. Once it stops raining, I am going to the grocery store and buying a week's worth of tuna.

Jim Bowie

Once, on a dare, I consumed nothing but apples and water for 4 days. It was pretty cool, I guess.

I'd join you, White Man, but last I checked fish is not for the vegetarians.

White Man

To make being a straight tuna edger more authintic, I am going to listen to nothing but dischord records acts. You can monitor this by viewing my last.fm account.

why?

What is the point other than to make yourself sick?

Because I can and I want to see if that mad hatter stuff is true. As a matter of fact, I dub this Operation Mad Hatter.

Jim Bowie

White Man said:
To make being a straight tuna edger more authintic, I am going to listen to nothing but dischord records acts. You can monitor this by viewing my last.fm account.

For bonus points, dance like this:

200px-Pitstone-windmill.600px.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
White Man said:
Yes but it's not warm cooked fish. How much tuna is in a serving? I am willing to take the mercury poisioning risk. After I die, use this thread to get tuna outlawed in the US. If something dangerous only in insane circumstances can lead to death, then that thing MUST BE BANNED.

EDIT: Also how much tuna is considered to be in a serving? Trying to see how ludicrous this is on the calculator.

Oh shit, in one week: 3300% of recommended mercury intake. That's assuming 24 ounces (3 8 ounce servings) a day.

:lol :lol
On a serious note, eating only one type, any type of food, for an entire month is not a good idea.

.hacked

White Man said:
Because I can and I want to see if that mad hatter stuff is true. As a matter of fact, I dub this Operation Mad Hatter.

Well then to maintain the cosmic balance I will for one month not eat anything with tuna in it :)

Good luck sir...

NinSoX

Banned
Your urine will start to smell like tuna meet. Not necessarily the distinctive "fish" smell but I think you'll understand what I mean. I was on a strict protein diet a couple years ago and tuna was one of my everyday meals.

White Man

I am nervous about the cashiers asking about why I am buying an inhuman amount of tuna, so I will purchase my tuna in 3 batches over the course of the week.

Jak140

White Man said:
I suggest making a documentary on the likes of Super-Size Me in order to demonstrate that tuna will make America's children obese and throw mad tea parties. Clearly, we cannot allow for the risk that someone eating the same thing every day for a month could adversly effect his health, this is America dammit!

Jim Bowie

White Man said:
I am nervous about the cashiers asking about why I am buying an inhuman amount of tuna, so I will purchase my tuna in 3 batches over the course of the week.

:lol

Actually, buy all the tuna you can at once. And when they ask you why you're buying so much, look them dead in the eye and say, "Cats. So many. I can't... cats, okay!?"

White Man said:
Come ON. The tuna quest isn't nearly as bad as the fried red meat quest that happens if I fail.

That reminds me of one Simpson’s episode where a country trucker and Homer get into a contest of eating an extremely large stake. The trucker finishes first but dies :(

I don't how consuming the same damn thing for an entire month can be good for the body. You will probably get sick of it in seven or eight days....

Looks like you will lose this dare. It is inevitable.

sky

Don't do it :/ ...
It might sound like a "crazy kool und wacky" stunt, but you are going to feel like crap. Not worth whatever bizarre respect you'll earn. Although, I guess it makes an interesting story... though not necessarily flattering :lol.

before and after pics, plz

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JoshuaJSlone said:
Bahahaha, beaten.

So long, White Man. Even if you don't die, your mercury-addled brains will surely produce a different persona than the debaucherous rascal we've all come to know and love.

MrDaravon

White Man said:

What the cashier thinks is the least of your problems.

Jim Bowie said:
:lol

Actually, buy all the tuna you can at once. And when they ask you why you're buying so much, look them dead in the eye and say, "Cats. So many. I can't... cats, okay!?"

:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom