• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I propose that for the next month, I eat nothing but tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

Weight-wise, i can't afford to eat one thing and water, unless that one thing is a tub of lard.

Good luck on your dare.

Better watch your caloric intake. If you starve, this month tuna-binge will screw you up.

Expect to gain weight from the lack of carbohydrates once this is over.

Kenobi

Might as well stop jerkin off too FTW. Then you'd really really be dead. Well, you'd probably go insane, then have a giant mastabatory session, and then die. I'm expecting good things from this journal.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If you can handle the taste of tuna for that long you can do this. The mercury might mess with you a bit but that is debateable. But the combination and the protein and the healthy fats contained in fish is actually not a horrible choice. The issues you will probably encounter will be problems with your breath and your sweat smelling like fish. The oils in fish bring with them a very strong odor. I suggest buying a good digestive enzyme blend and taking it before each meal. Don't worry if the label suggests taking 2 caps 3 times a day max or whatever. You can't O.D. on digestive enzymes and you will be putting incredible stress on the enzymes responsible for breaking down protein and fat. In other words you will not have enough of those enzymes naturally to keep up.

If you could change up and add in an ounce of cheese with each meal you would actually be following a diet that is used to lose body fat and raise testosterone. With just the tuna you will be still a bit low in fat to maintain proper brain function and have enough calories for energy. The cheese will provide some calcium and another source of fat to be used for energy.

You could really hurt yourself over this month. Vitamins and minerals are pretty important you know. What is you plan regarding your multivitamin? What brand and how much are you planning on taking?

Link

The Autumn Wind
So was I think only one who thought this was going to be about White Man trying out being straight for a month?

I'd rather go on an all salmon diet. Salmon makes you strong like bear. Plus, in CA, the salmon population is dipping dangerously low supposedly so that fact makes the salmon extra delicious.

White Man

Truelize said:
You could really hurt yourself over this month. Vitamins and minerals are pretty important you know. What is you plan regarding your multivitamin? What brand and how much are you planning on taking?

You tell me what you recommend. Also, what digestive enzymes should I look in to?

Your cheese information has been noted. I am sure I can work that in without issue. Any types better than others?

gprime

I love Tuna. I just counted and I have 18 cans of "Chunk Light Tuna" in my cupboard. I would join you, but all this mercury talk scares me.

White Man,

If you want, I can borrow my parents' truck, then take you to Costco and purchase pallate upon pallate of canned tuna. Should make for a good scene at the checkout!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This is dumb. What's the point of canned tuna if you aren't going to make deliciously great tuna salad sandwiches?

Friends don't let friends go on fad diets. ;)

Diablos

tuna + mayo + bread crumbs w/cheese on the skillet for a good 5-10 minutes = delicious

I don't like canned tuna if it isn't cooked (I know it's precooked, so I guess I mean grilled or at least microwaved). Yuck.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tuna + mayo + diced pickle along with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, mustard = deliciously great. :D

White Man

Ok, I just spent nearly 50 bucks on tuna at the QFC.

It's a good mix of albacore, chunk light, tuna,both cans and pouches, and a couple pouched tuna steaks. I kind of randomly filled up the cart. I also brought a brick of Tillamook sharp cheddar.

The cashier was a bit puzzled, but he didn't say anything.

White Man,

If you want, I can borrow my parents' truck, then take you to Costco and purchase pallate upon pallate of canned tuna. Should make for a good scene at the checkout!

When are you free?

EDIT: Also, for the sake of this contest, SKYY vodka equals either tuna, water, or apple juice, and I will drink at least 6oz of it a night.

White Man said:
Ok, I just spent nearly 50 bucks on tuna at the QFC.

It's a good mix of albacore, chunk light, tuna,both cans and pouches, and a couple pouched tuna steaks. I kind of randomly filled up the cart. I also brought a brick of Tillamook sharp cheddar.

The cashier was a bit puzzled, but he didn't say anything.

When are you free?

Wednesday, but first I need to see if my Costco membership is still good. I haven't gone for a long time.

Kenobi

White Man said:
That's still an obscene amount of mercury. If the 3rd worst Batman ever can, I definitely can.

WUSOOCHSBE4XO67VZKCUTJRVQUGRMJF7.jpg

KiNeSiS

Banned
White Man said:
Starting tomorrow, Monday, April 17th 2006, I will consume nothing but cold tuna and water for an entire month. Once a day I may consume 8 ounces of either orange or apple juice. Don't try to talk me out of it, I am going to do it.

I urge fellow GAFfers to take part in my protest of all consumables that are not tuna related. Expect me to ramble about this in random intervals. Also, beginning tomorrow, I will begin making daily journal posts, possibly in this thread, about my tuna-related adventures.

If I fail at the endeavor, I must eat nothing but fried red meat for a full month.

If your skinny which i'd bet either fat or skinny like the rest of these worthless out of shape fuck faces. Then by this months end you'll look like an auschowitz victim. White Man I salute you!
I could never do this you are a brave soul.

I am seriously considering joinging you on this, White Man. The only problems I have are, I don't think I can afford it, and I CAN'T eat tuna just plain. I gotta put some mayo on there to make it easier on the pallet.

White Man

WordAssassin said:
I am seriously considering joinging you on this, White Man. The only problems I have are, I don't think I can afford it, and I CAN'T eat tuna just plain. I gotta put some mayo on there to make it easier on the pallet.

Well, I plan on using pepper. I don't see why a condiment of choice can't be included.

KiNeSiS

Banned
White Man said:
And just like Chubby da Chuna, the option exists for me to smoke cigars.

Well break that cigar down the middle and smoke some blunts to ease the pain your stomach is going to hurt. I starved in the past it's not fun at all.

DJ Sl4m

If the goal is be have less fat, there are MUCH better options than only eating tuna all day.

Thats just bad judgment, dont do it.

White Man

By request on messenger, the rest of the Seaguy box I made:

box_2.jpg

box_3.jpg

box_4.jpg

EDIT:

If the goal is be have less fat, there are MUCH better options than only eating tuna all day.

Thats just bad judgment, dont do it.

This isn't about anything dietary. This is about philosophy, like le parkour. EXACTLY like le parkour. They'll be making videos of me someday.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
I could actually see myself going on some sort of a similar diet just for fun (of course, I'd make sure bread for sandwich material was an option), but all this mercury and vitamin talk is scaring me :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I really hope that White Man doesn't eventually challenge himself to read nothing but GAF while encased in a block of ice for 4 days.

hXc_thugg

White Man said:
<punches hxc_thugg in the face>

Fuck that! I will sit in the block of ice and only read Matlock and PhoenixDark posts for a month, too!

I plan to make an entire battleship full of AIDs patients disappear while imprisoned in Siberia.

White Man

hXc_thugg said:
I plan to make an entire battleship full of AIDs patients disappear while imprisoned in Siberia.

And I plan to make those AIDS patients reappear in the depths of my colon as I eat at an authentic Esperantan restaurant.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
My dads friend ate nothing but tuna for 2 weeks because he needed to lose wieght to fit into a tux. It worked really well actually, he lost quite a bit of weight by eating just canned tuna!

Flynn

In case you'd like to get some vegetables:

Tuscan Style Tuna Salad

2 Can Tuna
1 15oz Can White Beans (Cannelini or Great Northern)
10 Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
4 Scallions, Trimmed and Sliced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste

Combine, Stir Gently, Refrigerate and Eat

Nutrients (1 of 4 servings):
Calories: 410
Fat: 15g
Carbs: 37g
Protien: 33g

White Man

I'm going to start a blog tomorrow. If the mods or admins would like to help me with a bit of promotion, I would appreciate it.

etiolate

Banned
I have been told it woudl be safer to eat small fish or freshwater fish rather than fat tuna. Of course thee fishes are less multipurpose than tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom