• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evolve Monster (Wraith) Trailer

I don't think so, they said the game comes with 3...this is the 3rd right?

4th one would be the DLC.

This still blows my mind. What exactly are we getting for $70 (canadian)? a one-dimensional multiplayer game with 8 regular classes and 3 player-controllable boss monsters?

How exactly is this supposed to support an entire campaign mode, never mind keep multiplayer gamers entertained for the long run? Also, if they are charging $70 for only 3 boss monsters in a full title, how much are they going to charge for the separate boss monsters? $10, 20?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not closed minded enough to think this game is doomed, I just don't understand the value of this game, even if I think the idea is awesome.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
this game is gonna bomb so hard its gonna be feel on the next seven galaxies outside the milky way
Are you drunk or is this some sort of meme I'm unaware of?

Anyway I look forward to seeing what this one plays like. As far as AAA games go this is easily one of my most anticipated games of next year. So fun.

CzarTim

I enjoyed the alpha way more than I thought I would based on all the negative comments going in. That said, no way I'm paying $60 for a MP-only game that will likely bomb. They'd be better off going F2P and sell characters like LoL.

Played quite a bit of the Alpha and the game is super fun. And damn just about everything in the games levels will kill you. Even the damn plants.

This still blows my mind. What exactly are we getting for $70 (canadian)? a one-dimensional multiplayer game with 8 regular classes and 3 player-controllable boss monsters?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not closed minded enough to think this game is doomed, I just don't understand the value of this game, even if I think the idea is awesome.

It already has more depth than L4D1 though, a game that people still play. The bosses support mutiple playstyles ensuring that every match should play differently if the game is kept balanced.

The two huge issues I say people made in the Alpha, for example, was blind running as the hunters, and monsters not using stealth to their advantage. The stealth in this game is phenomenal. The Goliath looks like a giant boulder and remains completely still when crouched. I've seriously sit inside of a containment field and had hunters walk right past the 12 foot boulder completely unaware. As for the former if people want to chase after a monster for 20 minutes and deem the game a running simulator maybe they need to expand their creativity and try new tactics.

PhatSaqs

Banned
no,just tried the beta ( when it worked) on pc,ps4 and xbox one..this game is gonna bomb fella
LOL define "bomb" fella. It likely wont be a barn burning system selling chart topping cash cow but the game is a lot of fun so who really gives a fuck if it so called "bombs". SMH...

I'll take that bet, a lot of people think it's a lot of fun.

im not saying its a bad or a good game..just its gonna bomb

1 the beta was a disaster for a lot of people,left a bad taste

2 game ( correct me if im wrong) needs a human to controll the monster,the entire experience depends on that guy

3 game is not accesible,not all all i have played every single fps since the wolfstein days and i found the game clunky and not noob friendly

4 people who compare this with left 4 dead are just delusional,left 4 dead was a coop CAMPAING GAME,with some extra modes to add,the cpu controlled the zombies..and btw...zombies..zombies sell and left 4 dead was one of the first games who got the audience who wanted zombie games,and was a very easy game to undestand..this have none of that...a generic sfi setting and a bland palette of colors

2 game ( correct me if im wrong) needs a human to controll the monster,the entire experience depends on that guy

3 game is not accesible,not all all i have played every single fps since the wolfstein days and i found the game clunky and not noob friendly

4 people who compare this with left 4 dead are just delusional,left 4 dead was a coop CAMPAING GAME,with some extra modes to add,the cpu controlled the zombies..and btw...zombies..zombies sell and left 4 dead was one of the first games who got the audience who wanted zombie games,and was a very easy game to undestand..this have none of that...a generic sfi setting and a bland palette of colors

I had someone quit during the match and the monster reverted to a Bot. And then proceeded to go Beast Mode on my team mates and myself.

Skyzard

Banned
Can't wait to get back to this. Without a doubt the most fun FPS I've played in ages due to the team play. Was fantastic on PC.

Wrong on both counts, the game not only has bots but also a coop campaign.

1. That was an alpha and other than the PS4 launch being delayed due to a surprise PS4 update, it was fine.

2. AI can play as the monster.

3. It does take a bit of time to learn but I quite enjoyed that. Fair complaint. However, I didn't find the game clunky.

4. This has a campaign mode that is a series of matches, much like the versus campaign in L4D.

I don't really see what any of this has to do with the reveal.

yeah...like titan fall

1. That was an alpha and other than the PS4 launch being delayed due to a surprise PS4 update, it was fine.

2. AI can play as the monster.

3. It does take a bit of time to learn but I quite enjoyed that. Fair complaint. However, I didn't find the game clunky.

4. This has a campaign mode that is a series of matches, much like the versus campaign in L4D.

I don't really see what any of this has to do with the reveal.

1 the alpha give a lot of problems to xboxone and pc users...

2 i was wron..thats a good thing...but decent AI is hard to gett right

3 to the casual player? its clunky and not friendly.left4 dead was wayyy easier tu understand

4 well as a said before..i dont think this coop campaing and the one from l4d will be similar,but we will see

listen im not talking about the quality of the game..the alpha was a turn off for me ...but this game have bomb written on the wall since the unveiling,like brink or similar games

Memory

Bots can control both hunters and monsters. Also its very easy to pick up an play, havnt tried the beta but ive played it at 3 events now and each time its been easy to get into.

Have no idea if it will bomb or not but i can see this having a great community of players eitherway. It is coming out on a good date as far as i can tell, only thr order is near it and thats a single player movie game.

My main concern is content, i have not seen enough to convince me ill get alot of replay out of it. Im hoping they are just hiding alot of stuff for luanch month reveals. Time will tell i guess.

yeah...like titan fall

How is that different than L4D? Also yeah no.

evacuation_infographic_sm.jpg

I am really looking forward to this game but each new tidbit of information I get I am somewhat dissappointed. Why the hell only 3 monsters? If anything give atleast 4 or 5 especialyl seeing as there are so many different combinations of hunters.

Also there is no campaign mode right? A huge mistake imo! Not a fan of multiplayer only games. Also not being able to choose the boss monster as AI controlled with different difficulty settings could mean this game has a very short shelf life. I don't like playing as the lone bad guy....much prefer playing co-op with my mates working together to take the monster down. I've heard the game will employ forced switching making your 4-man team is always selected as a monster after each game, so what am I gonna be playing with a random on my team when this happens? Not looking forward to that!

Fix the above issues and imo the game will be excellent. Oh well, looks like I just gotta wait till Left 4 Dead 3 to get what I really want out of these team based survival games (fucking LOVE L4D....so many epic moments).

It already has more depth than L4D1 though, a game that people still play. The bosses support mutiple playstyles ensuring that every match should play differently if the game is kept balanced.

The two huge issues I say people made in the Alpha, for example, was blind running as the hunters, and monsters not using stealth to their advantage. The stealth in this game is phenomenal. The Goliath looks like a giant boulder and remains completely still when crouched. I've seriously sit inside of a containment field and had hunters walk right past the 12 foot boulder completely unaware. As for the former if people want to chase after a monster for 20 minutes and deem the game a running simulator maybe they need to expand their creativity and try new tactics.

Yeah, so the game sounds really cool. Perhaps I should be thinking about it more int he sense of a fighting game, in that it is a multiplayer shooter with a ton of depth to the encounters? In that case though, why are there only 3 monsters? wouldn't it make way more sense to have say 8,10, or 12 monsters? Either way, it sounds interesting and unique, and I assume there are a bunch of game modes to mix things up?

On the other hand, LFD1 had a substantial single player campaign to go along with the multiplayer. I wonder what actually happens in Evolve's single player? is it just fighting the same 3 monsters in like 20 different ways and environments with cinematics attached?

HyperOne

Banned
There is just something about competitive asymmetric gameplay that fundamentally bothers me.

Hope it turns out well for those interested.

The problem with Hunt mode, and thus the Alpha, was that it's completely reliant on the players fulfilling their roles on both sides. As stealth and abilities were barely covered even in the tutorial run down, matches were often boring as landslide take downs or a superior monster hiding all match against incompetent Hunters.

The rest of the modes seem to have multiple engaging elements that not only give purpose outside of the players themselves, but also force encounters together.

Those issues aside, the hate the game gets is sort of off-putting.

How is that different than L4D? Also yeah no.

evacuation_infographic_sm.jpg

That pic looks really cool actually. It kind of gives a glimmer as to how this could be cool as a campaign mode.

There is just something about competitive asymmetric gameplay that fundamentally bothers me.

Hope it turns out well for those interested.

I think that thing the bothers me is that it feels like it could become one dimensional. Like, why not offer more variation to enemy types? have 4-5 different controllable boss monsters, but also have a two player controllable boss with two strong enemies, or even 4 enemies of similar strength to the player characters? Nevermind also adding standard modes like deathmatch or CTF to the mix.

In all honestly, I pretty much trust this game will be awesome or at least unique and fun, I'm just not understanding why it will be, especially with such seemingly slim content.

Rembrandt

Banned
Loved the beta. Cannot wait. This game constantly wins awards at every show it's at, but for some reason a lot of people here think it's terrible. I don't get it.

Wow so relieved to hear this! I was so looking forward to this game since the original announcement but needed information on campaign and bots! Also the pushed back release date makes me think it will be quite polised. So glad.

Skyzard

Banned
I am really looking forward to this game but each new tidbit of information I get I am somewhat dissappointed. Why the hell only 3 monsters? If anything give atleast 4 or 5 especialyl seeing as there are so many different combinations of hunters.

Also there is no campaign mode right? A huge mistake imo! Not a fan of multiplayer only games. Also not being able to choose the boss monster as AI controlled with different difficulty settings could mean this game has a very short shelf life. I don't like playing as the lone bad guy....much prefer playing co-op with my mates working together to take the monster down. I've heard the game will employ forced switching making your 4-man team is always selected as a monster after each game, so what am I gonna be playing with a random on my team when this happens? Not looking forward to that!

Fix the above issues and imo the game will be excellent. Oh well, looks like I just gotta wait till Left 4 Dead 3 to get what I really want out of these team based survival games (fucking LOVE L4D....so many epic moments).

Wait really?

3 monsters?

Come on guys.

I'd buy this for mp only (because, I can imagine what the SP is going to be like (botmode) and I'd still be super happy as the mp is that good) - but that is really bare bones. At least 4 or 5 monsters is needed to not feel like I got suckered into paying for extra content to make up the game.

8 human characters right? Apparently it's 12. That's decent.

But 3 monsters? wut

Is the game going to be discounted? As that's clearly not complete for a modern game. At the minimum 4. Ideally 5 would be a respectable count.

They're planning to split the community straight away with a 4th monster as dlc too? Fuck sake. [Edit - No, they aren't. People have replied saying you can still play vs it if you haven't bought it].

How exactly is this supposed to support an entire campaign mode, never mind keep multiplayer gamers entertained for the long run? Also, if they are charging $70 for only 3 boss monsters in a full title, how much are they going to charge for the separate boss monsters? $10, 20?

Any word on stage count? - Apparently 12+ are planned....dunno if they mean plan to charge us up the ass for or what though. [Edit - they're free]

THEF3AR

You probably bought Destiny and loved it ;)

Top Bottom