• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Confirmed? (Linkedin Profile)

Friggz

People wouldnt want to see where
Joel and Ellie continue on to? i really loved their characters and want to see ellie reaction when she found out joel was lying in his rescue

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Because it's perfect as it is and needs no sequel.

A sequel wouldn't diminish the quality of the first game.

Could the series end with the first game? I believe so, yes. But would a sequel hurt it? No, it would only expand on it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't get the correlation between units sold and the expectation of a sequel.

Public companies are expected to grow the company and generate more profit for their shareholders every year. It's basically the core reason public companies exist.

Games that sell a lot of units are very likely to have their sequel sell a lot of units, which is much harder to guarantee with a new IP.

Thus, in an effort to guarantee shareholder returns and high profits, public companies greenlight and/or mandate sequel to high selling properties.

First screenshot guys!

S2seyBn.png

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Don't pull a The Walking Dead S2 on us if real. Please focus on other characters in a different place with a different story. I know Naughty Dog can do this. The potential is there.

CHC

Damn though even just saying "The Last of Us 2" sounds so fucking stupid, I hope they do something about that.

Harmen

I most certainly look forward to a sequel. It is my second favourite game of all time after all.

But I'd prefer if there are no Ellie and Joel (or just cameo's, references etc.).I would love to play the whole adventure of Ish.

Rajang

TLoU 2 would not be surprising obviously.

I do hope that the next game will also have Straley and Druckmann as leads. Their partnership is incredible: Uncharted 2, The Last of Us.

Gator86

People wouldnt want to see where
Joel and Ellie continue on to? i really loved their characters and want to see ellie reaction when she found out joel was lying in his rescue

No. Fuck that. Fuck that the maximum amount. The story was wrapped up perfectly and should be left alone. Create great new characters with interesting situations. Don't just rehash and milk the original. It's creatively bankrupt and almost always ruins the original story.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
How can he be working on uncharted 4 and TLoU 2 at the same time?

I call BS.
Seems to me like he's focusing the majority of his time on Drake's model in Uncharted 4 while doing some simple prototyping for Last of Us 2. People can work on more than one project at the same time.

I was kinda hoping for another new IP out of the blue, but ah well, definitely interested in another The Last of Us as well.

I don't get what can possibly go through the minds of these employees who add unannounced games to their Linked In profiles though. The dude has to know how huge TLoU is, he has to know it's not announced and probably won't be for a while... why would he just casually leak Naughty Dog's future project like that?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kind of surprised that if he left in April that he would have done anything on ND's next project. I remember just about a month ago that one of them tweeted that they were starting on a new project.

I also don't see how TLoU2 would get started with Bruce and Neil being on Uncharted now. I can't imagine the next one would be made without them.

Gray Matter

I most certainly look forward to a sequel. It is my second favourite game of all time after all.

But I'd prefer if there are no Ellie and Joel (or just cameo's, references etc.).I would love to play the whole adventure of Ish.

Ugh ish. His story is best left alone. It was perfect just reading it through the notes.

Better yet make the sequel a completely different cast with different characters and story.

I really hope we get new characters. I would hate for them to ruin the ending of the first one by giving a "definitive" ending, when the ending worked so great with it being interpreted in different ways.

Stark

Banned
Awesome. I've wanted a sequel so bad. My GOTG.

It's going to be new protagonists since didn't Neil say "goodbye to Joel & Ellie" at that TLOU stage show?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people have a problem with the title The Last of Us 2? I don't think the title refers to just Ellie and Joel, but the human race in general.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
If Lord Neil is working on U4, who's handling this? Please don't be the U3 team.

Shojx

Unless there's any reason to doubt the legitimacy of this, I guess it's happening.

This'll be interesting.

Whats great about The Last of Us is the universe allows so many different points of view, and by default different play styles and stories.

Who knows, we may not even have an AI partner this time around, we may be alone for most of the missions, or we may have the story start off 10 years after the infection and not 20.

So many different ways to go about it. I bet we are going to get a teaser next year around the Game Awards time period.

How can he be working on uncharted 4 and TLoU 2 at the same time?

I call BS.

they've worked on multiple games simultaneously since UC2, they probably had a small amount of people working the first game right after that game came out while the majority worked on UC3, and the same can be said for TLoU and UC4

Top Bottom