• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Trading/Help Thread. No Scalpers, just Amiigos.

SalvaPot

DO NOT MAIL IN BUBBLE MAILERS
For General Amiibo discussion, including amiibo locations and releases, go to this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052322

Hello everyone! I made this thread in the hope for an easy and focused way of trading and offering amiibos to fellow gaffer with tha aim to help each other out, hopefully I'm not overly optimist and we prove one again GAF is full of awesome people

This is the thread for you if:

-You are looking for an specific amiibo and don't want to pay outrageous prices, importing or risk getting awful paintjob/packaging.
-You have an extra amiibo that you don't want or need and want to help out a fellow gaffer by giving it to him for what you paid for it +shipping, or at least cheaper than usual what scalpers are asking for it.

Remeber to read the rules, be polite, and don't be a jerk!

Thread Rules:
-No scalpers or overpricing allowed. If you want to make bank, that's fine, but do it on the General Buy/Sell/Trade thread, not here.
-If you want to take someones offer, just quote him or send him a PM, please do not get upset if someone rejects your offer, remember no one is forced to trade if they are not really feeling it.
-Take photos of the Amiibo(s) you want to trade or send away and, if possible, with the receipt of what you paid for it. Edit and erase bits that have your personal information.
-Be reasonable. Don't expect to get a Marth in exchange of your Peach, below I'll provide a list of "Rarity Tiers" that should serve as a guideline. Of course, if someone is willing to give you a Marth without asking for more than necessary, that will be gladly appreciated.
-Be polite. Remember this is a help thread, not a charity. No one here is forced to give you something they own, this is a voluntary thing. Be respectful and truthful.
-Offer/Accept unreleased Amiibos at your own risk, remember we don't know if those pre-orders are going to be fulfilled.
-Once your trade is done successfully, be sure to comeback and leave positive feedback to the user that made the trade with you.
-THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION HOUSE. If you see someone offering a rare Amiibo for retail price/low price and you want to offer more so he gives it to you, send him a PM, don't do it here. If the user offering the amiibo takes the offer is up to him/her, no judging.
-If you want to offer more for an amiibo, do it from your own will and after the first offer is made.
-Have fun! We all are collectors and we just want to make the hunt easier!
-Feel free to negotiate if you feel you are not getting a fair deal, don't be afraid to speak your mind as long as its done in a respectful manner, don't be a Waluigi.

How it works
When offering/trading amiibos, try to follow this format:

I offer for trade
-Example 1
-Example 2

I'm looking for
-Example 1
-Example 2

My location is "City/State/Country"

Here write conditions, photos, and how much for shipping/handling, comments, etcetera.

Rarity Tier List.
Updated: March 20th, say welcome to our new Golden Overlords.

Taking into account amount in the wild, people offering them up for trades, import availability and sold value on ebay.

I made this one based on days searching for them, checking them, and reading opinions in the amiibo discussion thread. Remember this is just a guide.

For the purpose of this list, consider the Smash Bros Mario characters and the Super Mario Series characters the same.

~~~SS Tier: Rarest of them all~~~
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth (Has a second shipment coming with Codename STEAM)

~~~S Tier So Rare it Bleeds~~~
Meta Knight
Pit
Ike (Has a second shipment coming to Gamestop on Spring/Summer)
King Dedede (Has a second shipment coming to Gamestop on Spring/Summer)
Gold Mario (Most likely SS Tier)
Captain Falcon

~~~A Tier: Rares~~~
Shulk (Has a second shipment coming on May)
Rosalina
Lucario
Fox
Toad (Most likely B Tier)
Megaman
Sonic

~~~B Tier: Uncommon~~~
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Donkey Kong
Link

~~~C Tier: Common~~~
Kirby
Pikachu

~~~D Tier: Even more Common~~~
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Mario

Hopefully we can all complete our collections successfully and as cheap as possible, so when we look around and see all 50 figures (And counting) sitting neatly in our display case we can look at ourselves and say "By God, what have I done with my life."

Happy hunting!

SalvaPot

Reserved for feedback.

You guys make me proud.

Positive Feedback:
_Saky_ +1
akileese +1
Akim +1
Alex Anderson +2
Arc07 +1
Blue Namagem +1
budkin +1
Bumpkin +1
CH4OS +1
Chairhome +1
Cocaloch +1
Code_Link +1
Converse +1
CopperPuppy +1
Crom +1
Dallow_BG +1
dallow_bg +1
DodgeDusk +1
Dragonestra +1
Drensch +1
Elboxybrown +1
Enthus +1
Frogstep +1
G0523 +2
GalacticMouse +1
Grave +1
Hatchtag +1
Hunchback +1
Hyperfludd +1
Joei +1
Kai Dracon +1
Kierwynn +1
Kitchenmotors +1
Kitsnicket +1
Korosenai+3
Lee Chaolan +1
Lonnie413+1
LowSignal +4
MADGAME+3
Marvie_3 +1
mgs2master2 +1
Miche +2
Mike Double +1
Mob+1
Newarrior +1
Rockman +1
Samarecarm +1
ScouserPants +1
Sebco +1
sigmasen +2
SNIKT +1
ThatMattZ +1
TheBatman +1
TheFurizzlyBear +1
TheOmegaSpartan +1
ThisBeJason +19
warmlettuce +1
Xamdou +6
Zonic +3

Negative Feedback

Canadian looking for Wave 2B

Captain Falcon, Luigi and Pit

Have a border store 45 minute away so you won't have to ship internationally. Will pay for item and shipping via PayPal. Little extra for your trouble if you like.

Kandinsky

If by 31/01/2015 I don't have him, I'm willing to trade either WFT or Villager for my boy Pit. Thing is I'm in Chile so, if any Chilean amiibros are interested let me know!.

Edit: My sister told me my wording was confusing, so umm... I want Pit, and have Villager/WFT to trade :p

Geedorah

I have a spare unopened Fox I found today while doing my normal check of the local shops.

If anyone is looking to swap, I am looking for Pit/Villager/WFT.

North Carolina - USA

I'm looking for a sealed US version of Villager and Marth. I've got extras of Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Little Mac, Zelda, Peach, Toshiba, Samus and Diddy Kong. I'll also have an extra Luigi and Captain Falcon when Best Buy delivers. Willing to trade two for one in some cases too. I'm located in the Bay Area.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well, I'd really like to get a Marth. I don't have anything to trade, but do have the cash.

I'm in the US, but don't mind if it's an import. It can be out of box, as long as he's undamaged.

KoolKing

Tampa. FL

I have two Wii Fit Trainers and a Captain Falcon, all sealed with great packaging. Looking for a decent Villager or Marth. I don't really care how the packaging is on those as I'll open them anyway.

not technically amiibo trading, but does anyone with japanese amiibo that dont care for the packaging can i have your backer card (if you can carefully cut them out) especially if they have alternate names (rosalina, megaman...)?

also, who is toshiba?

Hello!

I recently have been caught up on the whole Amiibo trading deal, and decided to help others find their favorites in a foreign market.

I live in Mexico City, I have friends at the Mexican equivalent of GameStop. Now, the situation here is pretty much the same, but I have seen a different rarity level for our Amiibos [which are the same as the American release]. I explain everything here if you are interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144368620&postcount=14027

Now, Preorders for a LOT of Wave 2 and 3 Amiibos are open ATM, here is what I Preordered personally and know will be available:

WAVE 2 [Release: Jan 31ish] - PreOrders close on Dec 28th
ALL of THEM

WAVE 3 [Release: TBA] - PreOrders Open Now
ALL except for SHULK, MEGAMAN, DEDEDE, SONIC and METAKNIGHT

Now, here is what I offer:
I can Preorder any figurine and receive it on Launch day or close by. I am here to help people fill their collections.

Whats the Catch?
I live in Mexico, so first of all theres the International Shipping. If you are ok with that, think about the next point.
The Price for our Amiibos are $250MXN or about $18USD depending on the exchange rate at the moment. So if I ask for a higher trade in value its just because the fact that I still have access to Sold Out preorders + the exchange rate equivalent. If you are down to just Buying it,

What do I want?
I need your help NeoGAF, I am looking for the S Tier figures [Marth, WFT and Villager]. 3 Copies of each since One is for me, another for my BFF and one for the BF. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but while I have access to what could be Wave 2 Rares/S Tier figurines, I would like to help people feel they have a fair trade.
Of course I am also open to receive Japanese Figures...

Shipping Options
We can talk about it once I get the figures, but I prefer unopened figures. If you wanna save on shipping I could technically JUST send the figure with the same care as a fragile porcelain cup =D.

Alright, If you are interested, drop me a line and we can talk!

UK - Have a spare Villager going, idealy to swap for Wii Fit Trainer, but would consider DK, Luigi or Yoshi as don't have them yet.

Idealy looking for PAL models as not sure if i'm going to keep the boxes or not yet

LowSignal

I have the following NA Amiibo for trade, looking for an NA Marth

Diddy Kong x2
Little Mac x2
Villager
Captain Falcon x2
Wii Fit trainer x2

Christopher

I have a spare diddy kong his box has Japanese writing but he's mint and I'll twke 12.99 and whatever shipping charges.

If anyone from UK can get me a villager I'd love em forever

busch03

Neo Member
I have an extra Diddy and Zelda to sell if anyone is interested. $14 plus shipping from MN. PM me if interested.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I have a spare NA Diddy Kong and Little Mac.

Looking to trade for the upcoming NA Rosalina.

HUELEN10

Question: what is considered scalping?

I offered some WFTs for 23 USD shipped with tracking a while back, and one of the PMs I got was quite rude. The total cost of mailing it, plus padded envelope, and taxes was only slightly under 23 bucks. (Like 22.43 I think). I am willing to help a GAFer out, but I cannot lose money when I go help; it's only fair to break even.

Hell, with the time and gas spent, even 24 USD would be reasonable in my book.

So, what is considered too high? I am willing to help, but I don't want to be accused for something I'm not.

I offered some WFTs for 23 USD shipped with tracking a while back, and one of the PMs I got was quite rude. The total cost of mailing it, plus padded envelope, and taxes was only slightly under 23 bucks. (Like 22.43 I think). I am willing to help a GAFer out, but I cannot lose money when I go help; it's only fair to break even.

So, what is considered too high? I am willing to help, but I don't want to be accused for something I'm not.

One Amiibo from Toys R Us for example is $21 since it does not qualify for free shipping. You're not off base.

SalvaPot

Scalping is anything over the cost of 35 USD, I think, considering people's time, gas and even packaging costs for those who use P.O. Boxes, I think your deal is pretty fair, and if they don't accept its their fault. To bad s/he is been rude =/. Also euroGAF pals almost double for their figurines, so that is also something to take into account.

So I think scalping should be anything around 3/4 times its original S.R.P. or above, but I leave it to everyone's discretion.

MrMephistoX

Nah I'd say $25 is reasonable especially for Rare ones given the cost of gas and haggling with customer service.

Josh5890

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you still don't have any extras?

Christopher

Sorry broski that's not amiibroish

If you see villager get me one I promise to not be rude :)

I'm in the UK. I have two that I'm willing to trade a Zelda and Diddy Kong for Yoshi and/or Kirby. They're the only ones I need. I (somehow) managed to get a Villager from Argos yesterday.

HUELEN10

TnDQCat.jpg

RjPbQbE.jpg

ViMR5uv.jpg

MVsSMd9.jpg

i0CwKig.jpg

He looks good to me! 24 USD paypal gift shipped in the continental USA in a bubble envelope OR, if you are a stickler for the box (I'm not, I wanna use them and it's impossible to not bastardize the packaging and open them anyways), 22 USD plus the cost of a good box to ship it in.

Simply PM me!

Jswanko

In US:

I have an extra Little Mac and I'd love to trade for either Marth, Villager, or WFT. Only three I'm missing. PM me if interested!

Brofield

I'm looking to find Captain Falcon, and I can very likely get a hold of Diddy Kong to trade, otherwise can pay a reasonable amount.

I'm just east of Toronto, Canada.

AEREC

I've only got an unopened Little Mac (NA box...im in seattle) to trade and looking for either WFT or Villager (doesnt matter what region they are from since Im opening it anyways).

Looking for a Pit amiibo live in US but i dont care if its an import or USA will pay accordingly and will tip extra for the help in tracking one down.

SalvaPot

I updated the tier list:

~~~S Tier (Rares)~~~
Marth
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
~~~A Tier~~~
Pit
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby (Europe)
~~~B Tier~~~
Diddy Kong
Samus
~~~C Tier~~~
Zelda
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Kirby (USA)
~~~D Tier~~~
Yoshi
Pikachu
Link
Mario
Peach

I realize that as a new user I may seem untrustworthy, but I figured I'd give this a shot. I just got back from the store and grabbed an extra Fox amiibo (the last one!) if anyone would be willing to trade a Captain Falcon! I've called and searched for CF for the last 2 weeks and I've pretty much given up. If you have a Cap and want a Fox, contact me!

Top Bottom