• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

R8TEDM3

Poor Griff...felt so bad taking him down!

18328611725_dede817f28_o.png

17705978434_9628824c98_o.png

Blizzard

Banned
Heh. I actually have a camera script that enabled first person mode in The Witcher 3. Totally doesn't work in combat though. Enemies disappear because they get too close to the camera when you go to attack them :p

But just running around, it's kinda cool.
I wish the game supported first person natively. I think it would simultaneously help with some of the camera / lock-on awkwardness, AND make selecting the thing you actually want to loot/interact with easier.

Geralt and a Wyvern both show off their sweet dance moves

18145887099_7b85a553d9_o.jpg

I wish the game supported first person natively. I think it would simultaneously help with some of the camera / lock-on awkwardness, AND make selecting the thing you actually want to loot/interact with easier.

I'd never work with this combat system. Most of the time, you're fighting at least 4 enemies. And they will surround you easily. The only way to keep track of a battle is to have a zoomed out 3rd person camera. Not to mention that it'd be really difficult to translate his rolls and dodges in first person. It'd just be a huge mess.

What do you guys use to take screenshots in the Witcher 3 when you use Reshade/SweetFX? I normally use FRAPS, but SweetFX won't play nice with FRAPS =(

Gorgeous screenshots from all of you. I stalk this thread daily...

18144265278_d407853718_o.jpg

17711437383_7f40c8c194_o.jpg

It's all so beautiful

What do you guys use to take screenshots in the Witcher 3 when you use Reshade/SweetFX? I normally use FRAPS, but SweetFX won't play nice with FRAPS =(

Gorgeous screenshots from all of you. I stalk this thread daily...

If you're using ReShade, just capture the screenshots with ReShade. Print Screen button by default and it saves them to the same folder as the game's executable.

If you're using ReShade, just capture the screenshots with ReShade. Print Screen button by default and it saves them to the same folder as the game's executable.

It worked =D Thanks!

I started exploring areas of the map without points of interest (in Velen) and still founds loads of awesome locations and loot. Graveyards in forests, forktails above abandoned ruins, stone circles on islands... this game really rewards exploration off the beaten track.

tuxfool

Banned
And then you notice the blurry-as-fuck rock textures. They really should do something about that....

The lack of resolution in the textures probably isn't an easy fix, unfortunately. CDPr stated that use of higher resolution textures was bringing their streaming solution to its knees. It is no secret that this game is very vram light.

The lack of resolution in the textures probably isn't an easy fix, unfortunately. CDPr stated that use of higher resolution textures was bringing their streaming solution to its knees. It is no secret that this game is very vram light.

Yeah but... come on. Those rocks aren't even medium res. In fact it looks like the proper textures didn't even stream in yet... except they probably did :(

Overall I'm fine with the game's textures. It's just the rocks that stand out to me as being REALLY bad.

tuxfool

Banned
Yeah but... come on. Those rocks aren't even medium res. In fact it looks like the proper textures didn't even stream in yet... except they probably did :(

Overall I'm fine with the game's textures. It's just the rocks that stand out to me as being REALLY bad.

Yeah. Maybe they felt they could get away with those textures, to improve something else. Hopefully they fix it, or we'll see with proper mods if the game breaks. On top of the current issues, this game does not need the Ubisoft Stutter.

Most people don't seem to have realised yet. It reminds me of when I'd see all those "photorealistic" screenshots of Crysis, and every time I'd point out how disgusting the rocks look, the most common response would be something along the lines of "oh wow, I never noticed!"

You'd be surprised at the lack of awareness most people have when it comes to everything in games, from gameplay, to audio, and especially to graphics.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You'd be surprised at the lack of awareness most people have when it comes to everything in games, from gameplay, to audio, and especially to graphics.
Yeah, most people don't notice these trivial details like one lousy rock texture because they're too busy playing the game. Crazy!

(Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really rolled my eyes at the bolded part. Come on...)

Nick Pal

They could have bumped the textures up a bit but then I'm barely getting 30-35fps on my R290 on ultra+modified .ini settings. All that foliage is the trade off I guess ? Anyway no point getting into a debate over textures when the art direction is this good..but yeah the rocks aren't great and I noticed the ones on the shore lines have very low res textures.

PhilGPT

Yeah, most people don't notice these trivial details like one lousy rock texture because they're too busy playing the game. Crazy!

(Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really rolled my eyes at the bolded part. Come on...)
People who regularly participate in a screenshot thread, known for scrutinizing the graphic quality of games, actually care about the texture/image quality in a game?? I'm shocked! /s
People can criticize bad textures in a game, no matter how "trivial" it may seem to you.

Some Witcher 1 shots :p

Top Bottom