• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

camac002

I'd never work with this combat system. Most of the time, you're fighting at least 4 enemies. And they will surround you easily. The only way to keep track of a battle is to have a zoomed out 3rd person camera. Not to mention that it'd be really difficult to translate his rolls and dodges in first person. It'd just be a huge mess.

Not for fighting, I wish all games offered a simple first person view, even where you can't even move while in that view. They had that even in Zelda 64 ffs. There's no need to worry about fidelity, it's clear that most 3rd person games coming out now still hold up in first person shots. Please devs.

R8TEDM3

18143845628_a95755e9b3_o.png

18145503779_06ae07646c_o.png

I absolutely adore everything about the way Skellige looks (and sounds). Great shots, as usual.

It's unbelieavable. I had no idea they'd be able to maintain the same level of polish in 2 huge areas like this, but they've done it. The music in Skellige is by far the best.

^Those sun rays though... any way to minimize the banding?
That's only at really high res, right?

Nothing we can do about it. That shader just wasn't coded properly to scale with resolution.

tuxfool

Banned
It's unbelieavable. I had no idea they'd be able to maintain the same level of polish in 2 huge areas like this, but they've done it. The music in Skellige is by far the best.

I was waiting for some panoramas of Skellige, amazing as usual. I seems to me that Skellige was the first area that they implemented. The earliest screenshots and videos were all of Skellige.

PhilGPT

Nothing we can do about it. That shader just wasn't coded properly to scale with resolution.
Shame... maybe it can be modded eventually.

Want to start taking some shots, but too busy enjoying the game. 50 hours in, still haven't reached Skellige.

Yeah, most people don't notice these trivial details like one lousy rock texture because they're too busy playing the game. Crazy!

(Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really rolled my eyes at the bolded part. Come on...)

As a gameplay designer, and therefore someone who values gameplay much more than graphics, I notice details like that all the time. I get that the average Call of Duty/FIFA/Minecraft player won't notice/care, but if one is dedicated enough to browse NeoGAF, I'm surprised that said dedication doesn't extend into awareness of details when you're actually gaming.

Also, I won't be taking any Witcher 3 screenshots for quite some time. My GTX 670 is quite worn out and I don't want to damage it even further by running a game that hovers around 30 FPS at 1080, at 4K. Not like I can match the quality of the output on these last few pages anyway, especially Jim's shots :p

Not like I can match the quality of the output on these last few pages anyway, especially Jim's shots :p

Pfft. Who cares. This game is so massive. I keep seeing new stuff all the time just by looking at other peoples' shots. Always interesting to see these big open world games from different perspectives.

Anyways, I was playing around with weather types on Skellige last night. It had this really interesting one....

17754055804_56dba8e4e4_o.jpg

Exploring the world with that atmosphere is.... something else.

Here's that during the normal day time

17754056284_ef84878b70_o.jpg

The little Streams in Velen look a lot better than the water you see in Velen. And the way the sunlight hits it is just gorgeous in motion. This screenshot can't capture it....

18365572286_958e48b1c1_o.jpg

Was trying to get another shot of the water when I noticed this bear was tracking me down...

17760593004_0f022618b1_o.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
And now for something completely different, LEGO Worlds:

lego_worlds2015-06-02lasht.png

lego_worlds2015-06-02hdsbm.png

I'm only posting 4 of these for now. Please forgive the mediocre image quality and HUD since they were shots from gameplay and I had adjusted settings to run at 60 fps on my not-so-great computer (8GB memory, 2GB 770, 4.2 GHz i5 3570k).

I do think there are some neat visuals in the game though so I wanted to share. If this game gets supported properly with more pieces and an open building/mod community, it could become huge.

Jeez Jim, when PCGamer inevitably asks for a gallery of your Witcher shots, you must include this one.

lol

MOST of the shots I do for them are exclusive to them, though sometimes I do very similar angles and put those on Flickr :p

I can send them a gallery of Witcher 3 shots whenever I want, but I kinda want to wait for when I have all the locations unlocked and all the armors available. Then I'll do a lot more screenshots with some more effort behind them.

emalord

DOA5:LR @4K + ReShade

One question guys: I remember a"tilt" effect on the console photomode, I can't find it on PC. Tried all the buttons and triggers and combos of them on the pad but I just can't find it. Any suggestion?
Thanks

18394512375_5d4a060f28_o.png

I think that valley through the center of the main island on Skellige, the one pictured a few times on this page by jim, is probably my favorite looking area of the entire game. It's so colorful and serene. I can't get enough of it.

Whoops. And now I'd just realized I basically posted the same shot twice, only once with a Wyvern and once without. I'll do a ninja swap :p

But yeah, so far that's the most picturesque area I've come across, but I've barely scratched the surface.

Hey guys MSI Afterburner is currently borked for me (causes repeated driver crashes).

I was wondering if there were any decent screenshot capture tools other than FRAPS (not a fan)?

One3rd

Hey guys MSI Afterburner is currently borked for me (causes repeated driver crashes).

I was wondering if there were any decent screenshot capture tools other than FRAPS (not a fan)?
Steam (lossless option), Reshade, SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, etc. Those are usually my go to options if one or another doesn't work.

OtisInf

18206365089_6ca600cfcf_o.png

17769888304_2cf1da57a9_o.png

OtisInf on Flickr

This is totally new architecture in a side quest which on paper is pretty boring. You rush through this in less than 10 minutes, but the environments do it every time: they're a feature of the game itself. The side quests are not that stellar but you'll always end up in some environment that looks amazing.

emalord

I remember just pausing the action in photomode and tilting with the control stick. This was on the PC version.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311730/discussions/0/618457398977112287/?l=hungarian

SUBJECT#DOA5:LR TILTING

Hello Pro!
I read the steamcommunity stuff and indeed something's fishy.
Some say tilt works, some say not. Some say only with the 360 controller, others neither.

I can say:
I tried both PC pad and 360 pad and they works the same

left stick = the camera floats around the 2 players or above the 2 players
right stick= moves the camera UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT, but doesn't change its position according to the 2 characters
letf stick+Y = FOV manager (learned today, nice trick)
D-PAD left= Pause replay
D-PAD right= Resume replay
D-PAD up= zoom
D-PAD down= unzoom

None of these commands is a "true" tilt, because the tilt *bends the background* while it bends the camera. With the above mentioned commands the background doesn't move, only the camera does, but the camera never bends itself, it just moves up/down/left/right/around
So: maybe the point is that people saying "it tilts" are just positioning the camera a littler upper the character's head.
Or maybe my controllers do not work...

Used SweetFX grain here to kill the banding in the sky. Worked great and the grain really isn't that noticeable either. Banding is still present but it was a LOT worse.

18416407842_6a17f6558a_o.jpg

Yeah... I should have added a "don't look at the builidng LOD" disclaimer.

That's probably my biggest open world graphics pet peeve right now....

Top Bottom