• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer February Cover: Uncharted 4

Quentyn

262-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

After the rousing success of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog is putting its Uncharted series back in the limelight. The charismatic thrill-seeker Nathan Drake returns in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. This time around he's searching for a mythical pirate utopia in Madagascar, and is joined by his long lost brother, Sam. Naughty Dog introduced Sam at the PlayStation Experience expo this past December, and after a visit to the studio in Santa Monica, we have the scoop on what this mysterious man brings to the adventure.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's end takes place three years after the events of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Drake's life has changed significantly. Our cover story reveals what Nathan has been up to, what conflicts he's facing, and why he got back into the treasure-hunting life. We also saw an extended version of the PlayStation Experience demo, showcasing more gameplay and an extra scene between Drake and Sam that teases more of what's at stake. Find out Naughty Dog's approach to a new-gen Uncharted game and how it's pushing the boundaries of the hardware to create the most trying adventure yet. Nathan Drake has secrets, and this entry promises to expose them.

Coverage trailer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...cover-revealed-uncharted-4-game-informer.aspx

v0mitg0d

It's weird seeing Drake aged, but I like it. I hope the narrative sort of embraces this like Skyfall did with Bond. Also: His head seems...a little too large for his body?

Ein Bear

Huh, set only three years after UC3? Doesn't seem like much of a time-skip when they seem to be pushing the 'older Drake' thing.

Amir0x

Banned
wonder if they'll go over some new gameplay details. As someone who has always been a little... aloof... from the UC series, one of the things that actually excited me about the trailer for UC4 was how much expanded the gameplay options seemed to be.

Drake still looks bad. This is not the Nathan Drake from the previous games.

He's looked different in every game. I think this game definitely has his best design thus far. Also, as the graphics are better, they can make the characters less cartoony/stylized.

uncharted-3-1.jpg

He's got enough of the key features in 4 to still look like Drake in my opinion.

Looks awesome.

I kinda like his partners design. I like the Jon Lovitz half brother look. I'm not poking fun. Very realistic. I wouldn't mind even some more hairloss there. He looks like someone you would randomly meet while roaming around town.

Top Bottom