• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 screens (PS3/360)

DMczaf

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3150255

Animation/Lighting Test: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0J-qZ3aqs

Neversoft and Activision took a bit of heat last year when they released Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for Xbox 360 without making major improvements to the game to differentiate it from its current generation counterparts. Well, now the time has come to see what the developers can really do with a next-gen game, as Activision has just revealed the first bits of information on the next game from Neversoft in the much-loved franchise, Tony Hawk's Project 8.

The pitch from Activision is this is the Tony Hawk game the developers have always wanted to make, but we don't have much more than that as far as hard information on the game goes. As you can see in the screenshot below, the level of detail in the characters looks to have increased nicely, and the game seems to support depth of field graphical tricks to soften the background appearance and make the world appear more realistic.

media26sg.jpg

yoopoo

Banned
"and the game seems to support depth of field graphical tricks to soften the background appearance and make the world appear more realistic."

Thats totally worth the $60.

temp

posting on contract only
yoopoo said:
"and the game seems to support depth of field graphical tricks to soften the background appearance and make the world appear more realistic."

Thats totally worth the $60.
Yeah, shame on Activision for that being the only new feature in the game.

Striek

Looks better (well the blur makes it look better), but its still not impressive.

Actually the second screen looks pretty good in its own right for "next-gen" (as "next" as it may or may not be proving itself).

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Looks fucken great. The character model looks nice and detailed (sort of stylized also).

Theres also a weird tech demo floating around the net that shows a skateboarder using what is believed to be Procedural Animation. The boarder is doing a nose slide on a rail and you see the skater swaying and trying to keep balance. Looks fucken amazing. Not sure if it had anything to do with the Tony Hawk series though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Now this is a Tony Hawk game I can buy!!!

Absolutely loved part two and three back then, unfortunately I haven't bought one since then...

If they can give me the feeling of part 2 and 3 again, then I'll bite...

Most importantly, it's at least stepping in the right direction graphically, although it's not there yet...

I'll be watching at E3 for this one...

The character models look great, that's about all you can tell frmo that picture. But I thought the next TH game was Downhill Jam or something like that.

Skilotonn said:
Now this is a Tony Hawk game I can buy!!!

Absolutely loved part two and three back then, unfortunately I haven't bought one since then...

If they can give me the feeling of part 2 and 3 again, then I'll bite...

Most importantly, it's at least stepping in the right direction graphically, although it's not there yet...

I'll be watching at E3 for this one...

ill just be glad if the big head characters are gone (WTF @ thug 2)

THAW was better but not 'quite' as realistic as tony hawk 1 - thug 1

Tain

In before eighteen million people say that the series ended with 2 or 3 and that the rest totally suck and raped their dogs.

Consider me excited.

trmas

Banned
We really did have to wait for the PS3 for the next gen - not because of a difference in power, but because with the PS3 out developers look to be taking development more seriously.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ZombieSupaStar said:
ill just be glad if the big head characters are gone (WTF @ thug 2)

THAW was better but not 'quite' as realistic as tony hawk 1 - thug 1

Haven't even tried those or know too much about them - but I did like the DS one when I tried it at a friend's place though...

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
And I thought American Wasteland on the 360 was next-gen!!!!!
of course I am kidding

JUST GIVE ME A CHALLENGE ACTIVISION!!! A CHALLENGE!

DD-11

Surprisingly it looks good.

On an unrelated note, can be fucking ban people who use spoiler tags for shit that isn't spoilers? It's annoying, needless and just another way to whore for attention. No offence to those who like to do it.

Top Bottom