• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Definitive Edition | Vergil’s Bloody Palace trailer

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7vFeSOPt4

Vergil is a huge favourite amongst Devil May Cry fans. It will come as no surprise to you that when DmC was originally released, one of the most requested features for the game was a Bloody Palace mode just for Vergil. When we knew we were getting the chance to create a new definitive edition of DmC, one of the first things on our list was to give the fans the mode that they seemed to want more than any other.

Vergil’s Bloody Palace is a 60 floor combat arena. Unlike Dante’s Bloody Palace, where the difficulty progresses through the five main difficulty levels, Vergil’s Bloody palace starts on Nephilim difficulty for the first 20 waves, moves onto Son of Sparda difficulty and ends with 20 waves of very challenging Vergil Must Die difficulty combat. Bloody Palace is traditionally a very difficult challenge to complete and Vergil’s own take on the mode is no different.

The best way to play Vergil is to stack up as many kinds of damage as possible. He has lots of attacks which skilled players can layer with his melee moves. For example, Summoned Swords can be fired, and can pull enemies or lift to enemies, without interrupting melee attacks. Spiral Swords passively damages enemies once activated, until it wears off. Doppelganger Vergil can be used to attack at the same time as you, or with a delay.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=564816710939586560&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

That music is unbearable. Is there a way to turn it off in game?

I don't even know why they picked that for this trailer. Almost all the music in normal combat as Dante is rock, and Vergil's music is all orchestral.

Anyways, I don't think Vergil will get to fight any other bosses, a shame.

Draft

Dat running animation :lol

Looks great, tho. I actually really enjoyed dmc on the PC, aside from the casual ass casual boss fights.

Varvor

You gotta be kidding!

Perfect fighting music. Adds so much.

That music is unbearable. Is there a way to turn it off in game?

Having played og DmC and enjoying the music more than i expected...by throwing just a repetitive sample from the night club's boss fight and lacking context does not translate well in this video.....does more harm than good.

But when it's with in context that music (as harsh as it may come of in this video) goes along like jelly on a peanut butter.

There's no way we're getting Dante's bosses in Vergil's Bloody Palace, right? :/

Doubt it, they are all filled with QTE context sensitive things that are needed to progress the fights, that would take a lot of work to translate it to Vergil.

I haaate the term "definitive edition." What does this version offer other than a resolution \ fps increase?

I also had to mute that music. Loud and terrible.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I haaate the term "definitive edition." What does this version offer other than a resolution \ fps increase?

I also had to mute that music. Loud and terrible.
Besides the framerate and resolution increase this version includes.

-Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
-Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released --DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
-New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
-Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
-Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
-Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
-Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
-Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
-Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
-Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
-Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

^ All this without being $60 at release as well, it's only $40. A rerelease done right if you ask me.

Besides the framerate and resolution increase this version includes.

All this without being $60 at release as well, it's only $40. A rerelease done right if you ask me.

Visually, it didn't look any different than the PC version. But the rest of the features got me interested. But it's console only? Sigh....

thelastword

Banned
Wish Ninja Theory was doing the dmc4 port as well, looking at recent ports from Capcom. USF4 pc, RE4 PS3 (30fps, No AA, crap textures), I think NJ would do that port better justice. I bet that DMC is a better port than dmc4 special edition.

Good colorful trailer btw, seems that they improved the effects quite a bit. Good looking game.

Wish Ninja Theory was doing the dmc4 port as well, looking at recent ports from Capcom. USF4 pc, RE4 PS3 (30fps, No AA, crap textures), I think NJ would do that port better justice. I bet that DMC is a better port than dmc4 special edition.

Good colorful trailer btw, seems that they improved the effects quite a bit. Good looking game.
But DMC4:SE isn't just a port, it's a special edition. And DMC4 ran great on PCs and PS3...

JayEH

Vergil though...

Gbraga

Doubt it, they are all filled with QTE context sensitive things that are needed to progress the fights, that would take a lot of work to translate it to Vergil.

Well, it doesn't need every boss, just the ones they could adapt :/

The Hunter Demon would probably work just fine.

nded

SFIV for PC was great until they moved it to Steamworks, and most of the complaints were to do with netplay rather than game performance.

Edit: Also, NT don't know shit about MT framework, which is why DmC was made on UE3 in the first place.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nice trailer! Looking forward to this improved version with attention to DMC fans feedback since I was iffy on the old one.

Edit: Also, NT don't know shit about MT framework, which is why DmC was made on UE3 in the first place.

I'm pretty sure Capcom doesn't lend MT Framework out to external devs either.

Producer

Let NT fix their game, and Capcom work on theirs.

So far NT is doing a good job.

Sephzilla

Capcom handled the DMC4 PC port and that ended up being the best version of the game

Geedorah

Any hopes we will see these updates hit the PC version? I'd love to go back and revisit the game and Bloody Palace with Vergil.

Top Bottom