• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster becomes Capcom's fastest selling digital game

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYov9Y_NwM

Thank you video by the producer of the Remaster.

A special "thank you" from Resident Evil producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.

We’re pleased to confirm that the recently released Resident Evil has become Capcom’s fastest selling digital title in history across North America and Europe. The title which launched on January 20th has also broken the record for the biggest selling day one digital title on the PlayStation Network.

Capcom’s Producer on the title, Yoshiaki Hirabyashi, commented “It’s been great to see so many positive comments from fans that have enjoyed this new release. The team here at Capcom Japan have worked hard to bring the game to the latest generation of consoles and we are thrilled at this news on its performance.”

The Remaster was pretty well done, so well deserved. Hopefully this means Capcom will view similar endeavors worthwhile in the future.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to get this, but if I'm spending digital bucks I feel like I should get Grim Fandango instead (which I've never played).

I really want to get this, but if I'm spending digital bucks I feel like I should get Grim Fandango instead (which I've never played).

It's not like either one is particularly expensive.

Anyway good news hopefully someone is paying attention and they go back to this style for RE. Or at least closer to it and away from the awful bloated mess of RE6.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
At the very least, with the leak and this, we're pretty certain to get Zero now.

I mean, I do hope it sends off a certain message, but won't get my hopes up for that quite yet.

Yes, yessssss!

Best horror game of all time deserves a second life. I did my part, day one on PC. Will buy extra copies later for nonbelievers.

Well deserved, one of the best games of all time. Glad to know I contributed with my PC pre-order :)

Hopefully this tells Capcom that that style of classic survival horror still sells, and motivates them to make more games in that vein.

Gurish

Yes! I'm so happy for them, it's definitely the best game in the series and one of the best survival horrors that I've ever played, well deserved and I'm hoping for Capcom to go back to survival horror for RE7 as well after this success.

The Resident Evil 2 remake will be announced around the same time as the Final Fantasy VII remake. I also hear that demos for both will be packaged in with The Last Guardian, and first-print editions will come with a code that you can later use in the Final Fantasy VII remake to revive Aeris by retrieving her Materia from the City of the Anicents and taking it to the church in Midgar.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I rarely buy games anywhere close to their release dates anymore, but had to make an exception for this game. So good.

As I've stated in the OT, it's still an amazing game so that's well deserved.

I guess 0 is next and I hope they push for a RE 2 Remake, though that might be more resource intensive. I do wonder if a REmake 2 would be 100% realtime 3D rather than pre-rendering backgrounds again.

Grisby

I'm all for more HD REmakes.. but I would really like to see a redux of the Outbreak series.

If it means I can Pedigree zombies, I'm all for it.
I would play Outbreak again. It would be a lot better too considering that all of the consoles have easy internet access these days.

Never played the second Outbreak either. Might make a good package.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's almost like if you give people what they actually want you'll be rewarded.

Shocking, isn't it? You'd think Capcom would know this by--

hahahahah. I can't even finish that because Capcom has been fucking up for ages now. :(

dubq

Actually, fuck it.. that wrestling comment made me remember I want a remaster of Saturday Night Slam Masters, dammit!

1414388350441.png

dubq

I would play Outbreak again. It would be a lot better too considering that all of the consoles have easy internet access these days.

Never played the second Outbreak either. Might make a good package.

I had dabbled with online for the first one but it was painful to get working. Nowadays it'd surely be an easy thing to accomplish. I bought File 2, but I only played it solo. =\

Totally not interested in a 'remake 2'. I feel like the original is the superior game and the second added to much 'stuff'. It was also to actiony. 4 was the game 2 wanted to be but couldn't with the tech limitations. I'd rather them focus their efforts on an all new take on the series.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yet it lacked co-op and Chris punching a boulder.

...So you're saying... it's almost like... *gasp* People want Biohazard to remain single player outside of the Outbreak series!?

Well, blow me down! Maybe they should do that? Eh? EH!?

This is excellent news!

It would be a Remake at this point.

having played it recently, it holds up pretty well. but they definitely would need to completely remake it. they'd also need to add things in and switch things up for it to feel fresh

unfortunately the money needed to do that will probably not be worth the risk for a company like capcom at this point. the budget would need to be a lot larger than REmaster

RiZ III

Don't think this will result in a RE2make because that would be a new game from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought over RE0 though.

Top Bottom