• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Paper Mario GC -- Video inside

Vard

It looks like you might gain experience, since it tells you how much you hurt the Goombas and stuff. Looks like a 2D platformer with some RPG elements. That rules.

Tortfeasor

From nintendo's press page:

What at first glance appears to be a 2-D sidescroller ripped straight from the pages
of the Paper Mario universe soon turns into a 3-D action-adventure that defies all
video game logic. Fusing 2-D and 3-D perspectives, not to mention RPG and
platformer elements, the game slips back and forth between dimensions. The
action sprawls across eight worlds filled with traps, puzzles, bizarre mysteries and
items that often draw themselves out of thin air.

acidviper

Banned
What the hell is the transparent star -thing doing behind the character.

+1 insta paper-change
-1 8bit mega models

Polari

acidviper said:
What the hell is the transparent star -thing doing behind the character.

+1 insta paper-change
-1 8bit mega models

What? The 8-bit mega models are AWESOME. This game is fan service all the way.

Raiden

Banned
Oh screw you Paper Mario and your goddamn thousand year door. This looks brilliant, but i do oh-so hate Paper Mario's style.

I'll try to forget Paper Mario 2 and only think of this.

IPGlider

Soul4ger said:
LMFAO, you're such an ass.

I'm a BIG Nintendo fan. But they are developing and launching a lot of Mario plataforms games.

NSMB, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, "Yoshi's Island 2"...

I don't say I don't like that games, I love them, but they should wait some time before releasing or announcing more Mario plataform games.

Mario = $$$$$

I can see why Nintendo have been taking advantage of this lately. The good thing is; most of the DS titles have been excellent games.

FoneBone

IPGlider said:
If you're going to complain about milking, those are about the last games I'd use as examples. If that's milking, Nintendo can milk away.

jarosh

Tortfeasor said:
From nintendo's press page:

What at first glance appears to be a 2-D sidescroller ripped straight from the pages
of the Paper Mario universe soon turns into a 3-D action-adventure that defies all
video game logic
. Fusing 2-D and 3-D perspectives, not to mention RPG and
platformer elements, the game slips back and forth between dimensions. The
action sprawls across eight worlds filled with traps, puzzles, bizarre mysteries and
items that often draw themselves out of thin air.
lol, that's the part i like the most

mattx5

WHY THE FUCK DO I SEE PEOPLE COMPLAINING?

We've had such a long drought without any new Mario platformers, and now Nintendo is bombarding us with them, and people have the gall to complain?

Fuck all of you - New Super Mario Bros, Yoshi's Island 2, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy are going to completely revive and reinvent the platforming genre.

I'm wetting myself in anticipation. I don't even care about Zelda anymore, which is a huge feat, as it was the only game I was looking forward to two days ago.

IPGlider said:
I'm a BIG Nintendo fan. But they are developing and launching a lot of Mario plataforms games.

I don't say I don't like that games, I love them, but they should wait some time before releasing or announcing more Mario plataform games.

I feel the exact opposite. Nintendo's going to shove Mario down our throats each year no matter what, and I'd rather the majority of those games be Mario platformers, instead of placing Mario in every other genre they can think of. Now Nintendo's letting baseball, tennis, and golf be their own games, and is keeping Mario where, imo, he works best.

Raiden

Banned
jarosh said:
i would like to join you in your stabbing

I hate people who hate people that hate Paper Mario's graphical style(though the gameplay sucks too imho)

But before you stab me, you must defeat me in a Wii lightsaber game!

GEEKBATTLEEEEEEEEEHOAOAOAOA

jarosh

Raiden said:
I hate people who hate people that hate Paper Mario's graphical style(though the gameplay sucks too imho)

But before you stab me, you must defeat me in a Wii lightsaber game!

GEEKBATTLEEEEEEEEEHOAOAOAOA
oh sorry is that your leg I JUST CUT OFF

temp

posting on contract only
IPGlider said:

Why did you put Yoshi's Island 2 in quotation marks?

Top Bottom