• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Mighty Heroes Announced (:DeNA, Mobile Co-Op Brawler)

mreddie

umvc3-main-logo.png

We mean a straight up Marvel game.

styl3s

Lol, just one decent console game Marvel. Am I truly asking so much?
Legends 1, Wolverine, Spider-Man n64/PSX, Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man web of shadows ( i will fight anyone who says this isnt a fun game), Hulk Ultimate Destruction, X-Men arcade and Captain America and the Avengers Arcade.

Marvel Heroes is also very, very good but it's PC only. I get where you are coming from, good/great Marvel games are few and far between and hopefully this generation we get some decent ones. I am still super bummed we never got that first person avengers game.

The age of nothing but shit Marvel games is deeply disappointing. One area where DC are soundly trouncing them.

Eh, LEGO Marvel was pretty good and the new one coming up should be solid as well. On top of that Marvel Heroes is one of the best comic book games period, let alone just Marvel.

We mean a straight up Marvel game.

Cross your fingers for a console port of Marvel Heroes and you along with all other Marvel fans will be set for life.

There hasn't been any hints of that or anything, have there?

Controller support is being tested a bit on PC, and the CEO of the company has made some slight nods to the possibility of a console version. Nothing that'll happen soon unfortunately, but there's still hope nonetheless.

anaron

Spider-Man, Cap, Stark, and Chris Pratt in the very front row

Makes sense I suppose

She Hulk being right there is really surprising though!

I think we're getting close to Jen joining the MCU based on the A-force and now her being pushed in other media

curb

Banned
Controller support is being tested a bit on PC, and the CEO of the company has made some slight nods to the possibility of a console version. Nothing that'll happen soon unfortunately, but there's still hope nonetheless.

I'll take a little hope over none at all. I enjoyed the bit of time I put in on PC but I spend more time on my PS4 so a port would be okay with me.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
that Team Ninja developed Marvel fighter was gonna be so dope. funny that this comes out first though it'll likely make them more money haha

Drayco21

Like Contest of Champions, certain regions can already download the game as a test- the app preview page confirms Manifold, Nick Fury Jr, Sam Alexander Nova, Starbrand and Jessica Drew Spider-Woman.

shaowebb

Need to see some actual gameplay of this thing. Looks like Banpresto and Marvel had a baby on a cellphone so far.

NEEDS MORE IRON FIST. I have needs too :(

Neoxon

Bendis himself has never read a Guardians comic book, so I guess they were just made for each other.

I miss based Giffen and DnA Star-Lord. As far as I'm concerned, the real Guardians never came back from their deaths in the Cancerverse; the current movie-inspired versions are a bunch of weird skrulls that think it's acceptable to use catchphrases like "Blam! Murdered you!" and that Star-Lord was a thief.

He uses the tuning fork on his head to channel his energy, giving him his superhuman strength, endurance, flight, ect. It's usually depicted as the effect of lightning striking the fork.
You know you fucked up as a Guardians writer when even James Gunn doesn't want to use your comics as potential movie material.

No X-men or F4. I'll see myself out.
Disney Infinity 2.0 isn't any different, & it looks like Lego Avengers will follow suit. On the other hand, Contest of Champions, Marvel Heroes (MMO), & the first Lego Marvel game had both, so it varies.

As far as other stuff goes, the F4 are all but gone from merchandise while the X-Men still have some merchandise here-&-there. And the comics, the F4 are losing their comic (but will play a big role in Secret Wars) while the X-Men are still going strong.

Drayco21

5506ef988613f.jpg

Captain Punisher actually got in this? That's actually pretty neat.

Marvel.com: Given Punisher’s popularity in everything Marvel, tell me more about his role in the game and what he will mean for players in the thick of the action?

Justin Lambros: Punisher is a straight damage dealing Blaster and a bit of a glass cannon. But we’ve given him some powerful skills to blast away with machine gun fire, set the level ablaze with incendiary rounds, or toss grenades at enemies. He will require a bit more skill in dodging attacks, but he will cause major damage to get you to the top of the leader boards if you keep him alive in the thick of action.

More at Marvel.com

Drayco21

Fuck yeah, Ms. Marvel:

551054919123b.jpg

Marvel.com: It’s cool how Carol Danvers can be played in all her various incarnations, from the current space-faring captain, to her previous costume as an Avenger, and all the way back to her origins, with the homage to Mar-Vell. What sort of role does she play in the game? What does she bring to the cooperative aspect of “Marvel Mighty Heroes?”

Justin Lambros: Captain Marvel is a generalist in “Marvel Mighty Heroes,” which springs from her versatility and amazing power in the comics. Since she’s a key member of the Avengers, we’ll be featuring her in the events as well. A generalist is a very reliable character to have in your party or to partner up with cooperatively, as they don’t get negative bonuses from any of the classes of the enemy or boss characters. So, in Captain Marvel’s case, she can serve the role of damage dealer or tank—whatever’s needed to win the mission.

More here.

Drayco21

Blackbolt:

5519af2ac7f5a.jpg

Marvel.com: Black Bolt is raw power personified; what role will he play as a character in the game?

Forrest Schehl: I think the citizens of the Marvel U are quite lucky he's a man of few words. Black Bolt is one of our more powerful Blasters with a twist that suits the characteristics of his powers. In our game Blasters have a lot of long range direct damage powers, but lack a large area of effect; we generally save those sorts of powers for our Bruisers. For the King of the Inhumans, we wanted to play up the fact that his voice can really fill a room, meaning he can do a lot of damage in a large area. He’s really great for defending an objective or clearing out a group of enemies without getting yourself in too much danger.

As always, full interview about his role, inspirations and costumes can be found here.

1337Sauce

Thanks for the heads up, as well as the work you have been putting in with the constant updates. About to check this game out right now... have a three hour break at school and this shall fill the void nicely.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Downloaded it and tried it out, but I think it was lagging out because I couldn't even get anything to respond. Will try again later.

Drayco21

We're those Builders they were fighting? Looked like em.

I believe so; they seem to be drawing on Hickman's stuff pretty heavily for this- guys like Starbrand, Hyperion and Manifold are in the roster and one of the playable events in the gameplay videos of the pre-release build is named for Infinity.

Moondrop

Banned
No but seriously I'm not going to continue to support Marvel games if the X-men are going to be banished. At least we have Marvel Heroes.

mreddie

It's ok but I really prefer a solo mode. I jump in during matches that are already done, I get low scores because of that.

Luke_Wal

Completely divorced from the game, it is WILD to see Star-Lord in front of Thor in Marvel promo artwork. Unthinkable before the movie.

mreddie

Completely divorced from the game, it is WILD to see Star-Lord in front of Thor in Marvel promo artwork. Unthinkable before the movie.

Seeing She Hulk, Blackbolt and Gamora (as well as Nova) getting pushed is really insane. No fucking way would that have happened 2 years ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it just me or is this game buggy as fuck? Keeps crashing on my iPhone 5.

Much better than Contest of Champions but it's kind of finicky control-wise. I wish they just gave us a virtual analog and skill buttons.

I believe so; they seem to be drawing on Hickman's stuff pretty heavily for this- guys like Starbrand, Hyperion and Manifold are in the roster and one of the playable events in the gameplay videos of the pre-release build is named for Infinity.
Yeah, just jumped in and I'm fighting Alephs and Ex Nihilo (can even unlock him as a character o_O).

I should be used to it by now but seeing Iron Man in front of Cap still seems wrong to me.

Drayco21

Whelp;

KGekGGB.png

Not having as much fun with this as I do Contest of Champions, but I still really like collecting Marvel characters, so it'll get plenty of play time for me. Bonus points in that I can still play it through the deadzone on my phone, which I was a little worried about.

I just wish that they didn't have to completely change everything about Star-Lord to get him there. I'd trade away all the mainstream recognition just to keep the character dead but untainted by anything that's happened in the last three years.

Anastasis

Are the roll chances normal for a FTP mobile game? Seems like it will be impossible to get anything good. 95% 1-star for daily free roll. 95% 3-star for using cash.

Drayco21

Today's Mighty Marvel Monday feature is on Spider-Man:

5522d109cdd66.jpg

Marvel.com: As the recent events of Spider-Verse showed, there are numerous variations of Spider-Man. Which ones will players get a chance to be in the game? Is there a specific set of powers associated with each suit and outfit?

Forrest Schehl: Since our game revolves around collecting suits and their associated powers Spider-Man is a bit of a dream for us in terms of us delivering depth and breadth of customization to our players. For example, since powers aren’t tied directly to the suits after you’ve unlocked them the player will have the opportunity to customize their Spider-Man to fight and look the way they always imagined. The beauty of the Spider-Verse event is that it brought so many obscure and one-off versions of Spider-Man into the spotlight and we plan on delivering as many of those versions of ol’ Web Head as we can over the coming months. As to exactly which versions will be making an appearance, I’m afraid my lips are sealed!

As always, full interview at Marvel.com

I'm actually a little bummed Miguel is being saddled as a costume and not his own character. Poor Miggy gets no respect.

Drayco21

Finally started getting something out of the daily crystals other than Iron Man Mark 3 and Nick Fury Jr.- recently pulled Ms. Marvel, Falcon and Silver Centurion Iron Man, and just won Spider-Man 2099 from the current chapter of the event. Any Gaffers still playing, or did we all give up on this?

Thanos seems like he'd be pretty cool to unlock; hopefully I can bring my score back up to Vibranium in the next four days to see if I can pull him off:

Top Bottom