• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you can't believe you played as much as you did

18-Volt

My Rock Band 2 playtime on Wii appears as 722 hours. I still can't believe I've spent that many hours in single game. I could have finished like 30 other games in that time period.

Banned
Over 1000 hours in SC1 and Brood War.

800 hours in Counter Strike Source.

400 Hours in OoT.

Wow.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've played more than that in total on Team Fortress 2 (around 1000 or so hours) but that's over 7+ years as opposed to about a year and a half!

i played roughly 1000 hours of bad company 2 over a year which is ~2.73 hours a day :p although it was more like 10 hours on sunday and a match or two every other day. seems like a lot but I think it mostly cut into my aimless internet use. this was literally playing the game, not like counter strike (or tf2) where some people join the same server every day to be in the chat room. the destructibility in bc2 pulled me in. it's a shame the later battlefield games scaled it down. i barely played 200 hours between bf3 and bf4

TM_3DS_AnimalCrossingNewLeaf_sharing_image_400.png

score01

Centipede on Atari 2600. It was the only cartridge I had for ages. Im sure I got to a point where I could play it with my eyes closed and just listening to the sounds.

TRios Zen

There are a number of games I CAN believe I put a lot of hours into (Fallout 3, Oblivion, Diablo 3, Gears of War MP) but the one I can't believe I put so much time into is Destiny.

Such a dearth of content, I guess that says something about the game that it kept me coming back for so long.

Ralemont

not me
Star Ocean 4: About 100 hours. Once you actually finished the awful story and got to focus on combat, upgrading weapons, and postgame dungeons the game got pretty fun. I'd still call it a bad game overall, though.

My 3000 hours of League.

Still nothing to when I played Tales of Symphonia for about 4 playthroughs. I don't know why that many times was necessary

blackjaw

Ass creed black flag

Thought I would just finish the story in 10-15 hrs (like I do with all ass creed games).

Nope, did the story, explored, collected, etc. almost 50 hours later I felt like I had seen it all

Runescape. Pretty much ruined my school studies back in 2005/2006.

Played Runescape from age 15 to 18. Pretty much it was the most important thing to me. I didn't play any other games besides Super Smash Bros and improving my RuneScape character dominated my mind 24/7. It possessed me.

I also fell in love with a 32 year old woman who I played with for almost two years. She broke my heart when her and her husband patched things up. What a trip.

MattyG

Banned
DayZ. I haven't played a ton, only 30 hours or so, but it surprises me because it's an early access game and can be pretty frustrating at times because of the bugs and everything.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Habbo hotel.

I was like 13 or something and played ALL the time.

The two most memorable moments were when some "girl" character invited me to her room and we were supposed to cyber, but I chickened out because sex is bad, and when I put my password into some "Get free furniture!" site and then the next time I logged in the 3 things I had bought with real money were gone. At that point I stopped playing.

Damn... Habbo Hotel huh. Still a cool visual style.

GRIP

I put over 1500 hours into Uncharted 3's MP. Probably closer to 2000.

No way in hell am I going to come close to that for Uncharted 4.

I'm pretty certain I put over 1000 hours into Oblivion on 360. I was legitimately addicted to that game, holy shit.

I put over 100 hours into Sonic Heroes as a kid, probably Sonic Adventure 2 as well. Hey, I loved Sonic, no idea why.

I was pretty surprised to see that I have about 95 hours in OoT 3D. It's weird, I don't think I did much else in that game besides both the regular quest and master quest, although I know I started a few new games after that which I never finished (3-heart run and another master quest run).

Destiny.

I can't believe I put so much of my precious time playing this crap of a game (actually, I know. It was socializing with my friends)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I used waaaay too much time completing every random rts back in the late 90s. Then I realized they were all the same, and never looked back.

lyrick

Destiny - IIRC, close to 100 hours. I Enjoyed the first 10 hours or so then kept trying to push to the endgame as other players kept saying it was even better.

In the end I loathed the game even more and was incredibly disappointed that I had spent that much time with a game I now detested, instead of spending it on a title I actually enjoyed playing.

It'd have to be Star Wars Galaxies. Before the game shut down I tallied up the total play time on both my characters and it came to about 140 days worth of playtime over 8 and a half years. 3,360 hours roughly. I don't regret a moment of it, still miss the game.

WoW is an obvious one.

However I used to play the shit outta G-Police 2.

Like completed it at least 30 or 40 times. No idea why but I loved it.

Still waiting on a G-Police on current gen consoles... Not gonna happen is it? :/

Dark Souls 2 for in think 120 hours.. Jesus Christ. I came out of it underwhelmed and disappointed.. I can't believe I played it that much. Still, only did one full playthrough, and co-oped my girlfriend through hers, though I did start over my character early on.

I've posted before how I have a literal year + logged into WoW, but that's not something I "can't believe" I played so much, because it's a great game in a genre I love.

My answer would be Forza Horizon 2 which I was addicted to for a couple months. It's also a great game, but I am not a huge racing game fan, so for one to grab me and hook me for that long is unheard of.

Skyrim. I don't even know how much time i sank into that game. And FE:A. I was so determined to see every single bit of dialogue in that game and man did I burn out hard.

Alavard

The original Starcraft (with Broodwar). I must have put several hundreds of hours into it.

Now don't get me wrong, SC is a masterpiece. But, I don't think I ever played against random human opponents. I never bothered with the ladder or anything like that. Just the campaign, custom games, and games with my friends (which were usually co-op against bots). These days, when I don't play any single game for all that long, it feels weird that I spent so much time on that game not even playing all it had to offer.

Stencil

Recently? Cookie Clicker, Clicker Heroes.

In the past? Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, OG Animal Crossing.

edit: Also, I realized the other day that I had put in over 80hrs of Dark Souls. I had just gotten to Blighttown and called it quits. 80hrs to get to Blighttown. Just down the drain.

Top Bottom