• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

AniHawk

Andrex said:
Confirmed cel-shaded and 2D? If yes, that is pure and utter win. Wow, didn't think Nintendo would take risks like that anymore. :lol
Just going off a neo post from earlier in this thread. I haven't checked to see if that was a rumor confirmed false. Neo is Jesus and Buddha rolled into one though, so I doubt his info was false.

Fritz

I couldn't find this anywhere else, but gamefront.de says that according to Nintendo a Wii action/adventure by the name of 'zero' will be released in Japan on July 31.
Am i just ignorant or is this a new game as well?

Fritz said:
I couldn't find this anywhere else, but gamefront.de says that according to Nintendo a Wii action/adventure by the name of 'zero' will be released in Japan on July 31.
RE zero

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb

ivysaur12

Banned
Vinci said:
In our hearts. Where it shall likely remain. Bittersweetly.

:(

Nintendo funded a sequel and a localization. Scamco butchered a localization and then messed with my heart, again.

Fritz said:

Rei = Zero = Fatal Frame

EDIT: beaten, damn.

EDIT 2: Seem like Jeux-France has been reading GAF (and can't read English very well):

http://www.jeux-france.com/news27586_namco-bandai-annonce-ses-titres.html

Après les prochains titres édités par Nintendo, le Famitsu nous propose une liste de nouveaux jeux à venir sur les consoles de Nintendo par Namco Bandai.

Wii touch!catch!Idol Master - Wii - 24 juillet
Wii Taiko no Tastsujin Hataite Dondake - Wii - 31 juillet
DS Kono Puzzle Yarou ! - NDS - 10 juillet
DS Namcoach - NDS - 17 juillet
Baten Kaitos DS - NDS

Some French people are going to be really pissed off, considering BK1 received almost universal praise from the French gaming press and comparatively sold the best there :lol

I'm not really laughing. I'm fucking pissed.

Vard

Hopefully Rhythm Tengoku gets a US release. Otherwise I'll be importing a DS game for the second time (the first being Jump Ultimate Stars).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stormbringer said:
Really ? Well besides DQV these are all new to me (and to a number of people apparently), and I tried, at least, to make sure none of them were already posted in this very thread... But admittedly, I'm not exactly riding the DS wave right now, so I was bound to be left behind somehow. Hell, I've very little idea what the current DS line-up is in the West, so I'm forced to believe you when you say that it's not too bad either. :lol
My list looks like this:
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - 6/10
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard - 6/17
Space Invaders Extreme - 6/17
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - 7/1
Final Fantasy IV - 7/22
Bangai-O Spirits - 8/12

Summer for DS is definitely pretty well off this year. I'm sure there are people who are also interested in games like Super Dodgeball, Summon Night Twin Age, Power Pros, Civ, FFTA2, and Izuna 2, these are all on my maybe list. It would've been nice if NoA joined the party with something, but I'll have more than enough to keep me busy. Plus I'm not counting other console games I'll be getting and I need to save up money for the Fall too (IU and DQIV are already dated for early September).

Hive

Banned
jj984jj said:
My list looks like this:
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - 6/10

Glad to know you're not the only one getting Jake Hunter. The reviews are far from stellar, but wasn't the game popular in Japan? Or is this just the worst game in the series.. I'm really perplexed..

Tristam

The quote "Even people who just like 2D platformers" suggests that it's 3D, not 2D.

Not that I care: I like both equally.

japtor

Slavik81 said:
So does that mean I no longer need to worry about trying to import the GBA installment of Rhythm Tengoku?
The GBA one had a lot of great music and the controls for the drum mini game were fantastic. If the DS one doesn't have any of the old stuff the GBA would still be a good purchase.

Rhythm Tengoku DS?
Project Zero 4 in July?
BATEN MOTHERFUCKING KAITOS DS?

I CAME BUCKETS!

EDIT> NOOOOOOO BATEN KAITOS DS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hive said:
Glad to know you're not the only one getting Jake Hunter. The reviews are far from stellar, but wasn't the game popular in Japan? Or is this just the worst game in the series.. I'm really perplexed..
Well honestly the only reason it's on my day 1 list is because it's a $20 text adventure game, all I know about it is that it's a port of the first Tantei Jinguuji with stylus controls ala Phoenix Wright, and I've seen a few JPN gaffers recommend it. I haven't seen any reviews yet, is it really a bad deal even at budget price? Maybe I do need to look more into it, I think I'll move it to my maybe list. :lol

Teknoman

- 20 stages
- hand-drawn animation
- 1 player
- locations such as jungle ruins, desert, and ocean
- shake the Wiimote for special actions (shake enemies to grab coins, unearth hidden locations, and more)
- some sort of throwing mechanic via Wiimote manipulation
- vehicles such as rockets and submarines, seems that the Wiimote speaker plays a part in vehicles as well

Wario Land Shake is definatly staying on my radar. Plus it sorta sounds like it'll be 2d...though the mechanics sound more like they would fit in a 3d game.

Teknoman said:
- 20 stages
- hand-drawn animation
- 1 player
- locations such as jungle ruins, desert, and ocean
- shake the Wiimote for special actions (shake enemies to grab coins, unearth hidden locations, and more)
- some sort of throwing mechanic via Wiimote manipulation
- vehicles such as rockets and submarines, seems that the Wiimote speaker plays a part in vehicles as well

Wario Land Shake is definatly staying on my radar. Plus it sorta sounds like it'll be 2d...though the mechanics sound more like they would fit in a 3d game.

That sounds completely awesome :D

I wonder Wario will have health in this or if it`ll be like Wario Land 2/3 (WL2 is my favourite :D)

bengraven

ShockingAlberto said:
...?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2460782

"Showing results 1 to 50 of 296"

Does it hurt to be an unrepentant, uneducated asshole or does the soullessness pretty much ensure that that you don't feel anything anymore?

It's by a team who's games have come to America, repeatedly, from the world's largest publisher, and is a sequel to a GBA game that was thought to have sold so poorly that it would never get a DS sequel. It's mentioned in nearly every "Recommend an import game", "Recommend a GBA game", or "Recommend a rhythm game" thread on this board. Shockingly, it is an import GBA rhythm game.

In short, shut the fuck up.

And it's fans are obviously way too sensitive.

Guess I ignore all the import/GBA/rhythm/all of the above threads. Because I'm an uneducated asshole.

Let me ponder my "soullessness" (not a word, mind you) while I wonder why these are the only titles Nintendo is fit to announce.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
bengraven said:
And it's fans are obviously way too sensitive.

Guess I ignore all the import/GBA/rhythm/all of the above threads. Because I'm an uneducated asshole.

Let me ponder my "soullessness" (not a word, mind you) while I wonder why these are the only titles Nintendo is fit to announce.

Because Nintendo would rather save bigger announcements for, I dunno, E3 or something along those lines.

neo2046

2rhr62q.jpg

11wcw3n.jpg

CaVaYeRo

Stormbringer said:
A few Sim City Wii tidbits, from the scans :

-Various buildings designs : Greece, Egypt, Futuristic, Crystal, Sweet (cake buildings :lol), Las Vegas, Jungle, Hindu, Mediterranean, Japanese Traditional,...etc
-Many wacky events to deal with : fire breathing dinosaurs, asteroids, people-abducting UFOs, giant mechas, etc
-Obviously uses the Wiimote functionalities (for example, you can directly trace roads with the pointer)
- a consequent number of play modes, as mentioned by duckroll
- the advisors are back...with a My Sims inspired design.
- they hope you look forward to see your city lighten up by the neons at night, or to fly around your city in an helicopter.
- Producer is Masahiro "Mitch" Ueno
- September release, for 6090 yen

First time I hear about the Wii installment, and it looks pretty damn cool !

cool. First Gallery, just received from EA:

More here. The name is SimCity Creator.

loving it ^^

AniHawk

Shit, FINALLY Wario Land 5. Like, an actual continuation of the series. So awesome.

Does it say who's making it? Any new info?

Captain N

Sim City looks wicked sweet! You can see a lot more details then you could in the scans. I can't wait for July thanks to Rhythm Tengoku DS and Wario Land..lets not forget August thanks to Fire Emblem DS and Inazuma Eleven!

goompapa

Wario looks...well... I can't see shit. But the description sounds really cool.

Only 20 stages !!??, That sounds way too short for a 2d platformer. Let's hope those 20 stages are subdivided into different levels.

Thank you neo :D ! I guess it's time to take the plunge and import Rhythm Tengoku Gold, but also Starfy, since they look pretty cool, and I've heard so much good things about these series.

CaVaYeRo said:
cool. First Gallery, just received from EA:

The name is SimCity Creator.

loving it ^^
Thanks ! Looking good.

goompapa said:

Only 20 stages !!??, That sounds way too short for a 2d platformer. Let's hope those 20 stages are subdivided into different levels.

Wario Land 3 and 4 only had 20 stages IIRC and they were pretty lengthy games thanks to the exploration for treasure involved in each level.

WOW Wario Land looks GLORIOUS :D Real 2D on a console!!! (Even the artwork is done in the same oldschool Wario Land style :D)

Looks like some of Wario`s moves will be controlled by motion controls, I like :D

Gagaman

Oh yes, old school Wario is back! As much as I love the Wario ware series, I'm glad they've gone back to his roots.

Rlan

I played about.. 3/4 of Stafi 2 (to the point where you need to know Japanese because of some signs. And the only GameFAQS around was the one that GOT to this point! :lol ) but what's with the Dragon suit?

And AWESOME NEW WARIO LAND and it oddly looks just like Warioland 4 from the small screenshots.

Hopefully the Wii waggle won't interfere with the game. From the looks of it you can throw by Shaking your remote instead of... you know... holding down the button for 3 seconds like in Warioland 4. Or Buttstomp by pressing down on the D-Pad. Hmm.

AniHawk

goompapa said:

VB Wario Land: 14 stages
Super Mario Land 3 Wario Land: 40 stages
Wario Land II: ...more than Wario Land. Somewhere between 40-60
Wario Land 3: 25 stages
Wario Land 4: 18 stages

So it won't have the least, but it won't have the most.

Teasel

neo2046 said:
my fear are confirmed :/
rhytm tengoku was a game that required a lot of precision so having the game using the touch screens makes me worried
Wario Land 3: 25 stages
yeah but wario land 3 stage required multiple runtrough and while i wouldn't call them big they certainly weren't small

Teasel said:
my fear are confirmed :/
rhytm tengoku was a game that required a lot of precision so having the game using the touch screens makes me worried

yeah but wario land 3 stage required multiple runtrough and while i wouldn't call them big they certainly weren't small
You never played Ouendan then? :I

Teasel

slaughterking said:
ouendan isn't as picky not to mention ouendan doesn't ask a perfect play (as long as you aren't fucking up too much and don't care about the score) if you want to unlock everything

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
slaughterking said:

Yep, Oendan is one of the most precesi games on DS (the fucker ruined my touch screen!!, no when is Nintendo releasing a DS Nano to have an excuse to change the DS?)

Top Bottom