• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy ARCADE ANNOUNCED! [Update: Trailer + Info]

AtticuSMT

Banned
Seems cool, but as someone who plays alot of fighters i dont think im too interested.... it seems so much like the BZ/Naruto arcade fighters.... not my taste

I don't really want to speculate about SE's decisions considering they are SE and they aren't rational that much decision-wise.

But the fact that its on Arcade, leads me to believe its an Arcade only game, and as an arcade game in 2015, a western release(whether as a port to consoles or something else) is far away if it ever comes.

gundam versus series do appear on consoles though.

Reveirg

But the fact that its on Arcade, leads me to believe its an Arcade only game.

Fighting games really often begin as Arcade games and get ported shortly after in Japan (Tekken, Persona 4 Climax, most likely Pokkén).

Even S-E's own arcade games often end up on console in one way or another

-Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Legends got ported to Wii
-Gyrozetter moved to 3DS (might not be the same game though, no idea
-Lord of Vermillion did not get ported but got some spin-offs on PSP/Vita

There's no certitude but I wouldn't bet against it.

HeelPower

B9yQSE9IEAA9K12.png:large

pls come to consoles :0

This design is not the best tbh...He hair shouldn't be covering his face that much.Its supposed to be spiky and upright.

Also,the remake is not happening.

Lightning is better than Cloud.They should've shown her here.Or lulu.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ All of that post was ew inducing

Pokkén, Tekken are two recent arcade games that are also going to come out for consoles. Same thing happened with Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. I'm not that informed about the arcade scene but this is just off the top of my head.

Obviously, this isn't some shoddy effort. SE is way too big of a company and has too much mindshare to not put this out elsewhere..

Point taken about the other games, even though they were obvious to start(including tekken in that, really?)

But about your previous post regarding Cloud's character model, what exactly does that indicate about a console port that you were trying to convey?

In 2015, bottom of the barrel hardware components have to ability to create models like that easily. Its just that most devs in Japan dont have the capability to focus their effort on making graphics look like that.

It doesn't indicate the actual quality of the project considering as said before, they are using the ARR engine for this game as this trailer indicates, they are obviously trying to save costs somewhere.

KoopaTheCasual

This design is not the best tbh...He hair shouldn't be covering his face that much.Its supposed to be spiky and upright.

Lightning is already in this trailer, but Cloud is most popular, so of course he's gonna get the big ending shot.

HeelPower

Lightning is already in this trailer, but Cloud is most popular, so of course he's gonna get the big ending shot.

yeah I am aware ,but she didn't get any face shots.

Also its interesting how the Warrior of Light is the face of this series.Its nice legacy-respecting decision by Square,rather than a fan driven one.

raven777

I don't know if you're refuting my post, but this new Cloud fits the character personality we know from FFVII. No mopey-ness.

I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin that somehow with backstory, though.

of course I am not refuting your post. Just showing how the new Cloud looks better.

HeelPower

Hehe. Would of been funny to see her fly with that dress.

She and Auron should be the new FFX reps.

And for those asking for Serah, Noel, or Caius(though good for the villain side) for a XIII rep.

Ahem

I love you.Yes!

Lulu and Auron for FFX.

Fang/Sazh and Light for FFXIII....Or Caius ,but I feel there's too many Caius-like characters in Dissidia already so I am gonna go with Fang(preferably) or good old Sazh.

Lord Phol

Holy shit!!! I'm buying whatever console this is getting ported to without a doubt. Love dissidia, it's the only fighting game I've ever been somewhat good at.

Lol. Now that's funny.

If I had my way she wouldn't be in the trailer at all. Period.

God this would be great on consoles.

God the DLC would be amazing, new characters every few weeks. But I feel like that is a pipedream.

I love you.Yes!

Lulu and Auron for FFX.

Fang/Sazh and Light for FFXIII....Or Caius ,but I feel there's too many Caius-like characters in Dissidia already so I am gonna go with Fang(preferably) or good old Sazh.

man i just realized that Yuna can have the full aeon model for her moves and Light could ride around in Odin for her EX burst!

PS4/PSV version with online and single player campaing with shitty plot pls thx. Build upon the already great Duodecim and this could be one hell of a game.

Also I wouldn't oppose for Auron, Shadow and Seifer to be added :3

Lord Phol

If this is designed for arcade first and foremost and from the ground up, here's hoping they do a better job of making it less stat-dependent and more balanced than the PSP games in order to make it truly competitive. I enjoyed a fair amount of the movesets in the original but didn't enjoy the basic paradigm of the combat with its weird tug-of-war-for-attack-power system.

Agreed, the community I was part of had to make up new rules and tweak some settings to make it competitive. It made the game alot more fun.

HeelPower

man i just realized that Yuna can have the full aeon model for her moves and Light could ride around in Odin for her EX burst!

The ideas are endless.

The tag teams could unlock special moves together! For Example Yuna and Light(when teamed together) can unlock some attack where they each ride Ixion and Odin and destroy the opposition! :)

Zetta

This game is already paid for just waiting for it to be released. Looks so damn good and I've always enjoyed how much love the Warrior of Light gets in Dissidia.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Really..we need a port begging thread for this game. Cross play between vita and ps4? something like that and I want to play as a manderville ;_;

Forkball

Why would they just remove her? She was a character in duodecim, it would be stupid if they got rid of her.

The Lightning hate on the internet is so damn stupid.

All main characters will get in by default. Same with all villains (hopefully). Dissidia had 28 characters, but you'd think that they would need a lot more considering it's 3v3. Get ready for Cloud, Advent Children Cloud, and Kingdom Hearts Cloud as separate characters.

Wait, this might be a dumb question but for what is this announced? Is this announced for an arcade machine or is it just called Dissidia Arcade?

Macnair

3v3 battles are going to be Chaos!

3 chars per Final Fantasy should happen. Cloud+Seph+Tifa, Squall+Rinoa+Seifer?, Lightning+Snow+Hope! :p

Warrior of Light is too played out imo, especially after it's usage in FF14.

Eh, I feel like it's best to have him be the center.

Dissidia needs a "leader" of sorts out of all the heroes to represent pure light. Yeah he's pretty much a 2D character but he's not badly designed. Having another FF character as that lead would seem to biased a choice.

Mokubba

YESSSSS

First Type0 and now a new Dissidia.

You've done good SE

Game Over fit my backlog once this releases.

THE MUSIC!!
We need a Ps4 release.

Top Bottom