• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘One Piece’ To Be Developed As Live Action TV Series By Tomorrow Studios

aBarreras

Also
She dies too so he keeps it on more in memory and mourning of his wife.

Honestly I liked all the characters. Hell the fact that they're all a family and for some reason Doflamingo seems to care about all of them is a refreshing change from the villains who just keep betraying their subordinates trust and get rid of them after one or two failures. The fact that Doflamingo keeps trying to get Law to come back was interesting too.

when that guy laughs at picas voice and doffy "kills" him immediately, god damn

Lunar15

I kind of want this to be a gritty, serious re-imagining just so I can see the dramatic tension of a scene immediately deflated by someone picking up a snail in order to make a phone call.

I kind of want this to be a gritty, serious re-imagining just so I can see the dramatic tension of a scene immediately deflated by someone picking up a snail in order to make a phone call.

Gritty re-imagining set in a dystopian cyberpunk future.
...did anyone read and then watch Priest? I hope nothing like that happens to One Piece.

Lunar15

“I’ve been a fan of One Piece for 20 years. I am so honored that Shueisha and Oda-san have entrusted me with such a cherished iconic property,” said Adelstein.

I mean, he's been following One Piece since day one, guys. I think we can trust him.

I... Don't think it'll work, but seriously what's the percentage of anime/manga western adaptation that actually released something?

Like, isn't someone going to adapt Naoki Urasawa's Monster? What's the deal with that? I personally think Monster is a much better choice than OP :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece is the third best selling comic book. Ahead of Spider-Man and Asterix, but behind Superman and Batman.
It's no wonder this is happening.

Yeah, MHA is too new to see an adaptation from Hollywood.

I mean, he's been following One Piece since day one, guys. I think we can trust him.

He must have had access to the dankest of fan translations if he's been a fan for that long.

PSqueak

Banned
Okay, hardcore anime fans, which would be the right way to adapt?

A) Straw hat pirates are all japanese actors because it's anime

or

B) Each crew member is cast by an actor from the nationality Oda envisioned (ie: Luffy is brazillian, Franky is American, Sanji is French, etc)

or

B) Each crew member is cast by an actor from the nationality Oda envisioned (ie: Luffy is brazillian, Franky is American, Sanji is French, etc)

I'd say go for the second option, but I think we can live without exact nationalities.
Sanji can be American for all I care, as long as he looks the part.

Ogodei

or

I think as long as he gets that Luffy, Usopp, and Zoro aren't meant to be white, it should all work out.

You mentioning Franky made me think of what a special effects nightmare this is going to be. Pre-skip Franky's probably an easy job with practical effects (as long as he's not attacking). Post-skip, though? And how do you have Brook or Chopper, like, at all?

This is going to be legendarily over-budget or legendarily bad.

LotusHD

Banned
Also
She dies too so he keeps it on more in memory and mourning of his wife.

Honestly I liked all the characters. Hell the fact that they're all a family and for some reason Doflamingo seems to care about all of them is a refreshing change from the villains who just keep betraying their subordinates trust and get rid of them after one or two failures. The fact that Doflamingo keeps trying to get Law to come back was interesting too.

Big Mom's crew puts the family aspect of Doffy's crew to shame. Not even because they're an actual family, they just worked a lot more cohesively in general as well. Ironically, unlike Doffy who does seem to care, Big Mom will kill them if they get in her way. So... I guess it evens out lmao

Nope. This is one of those things I will never trust beforehand, especially for an ultimately silly reason as the dude behind it being a fan. Adapting OP is a behemoth task, so... Good luck with that.

Top Bottom