• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Power Rangers’ Star Ludi Lin Joins Jason Momoa In 'Aquaman'

Link.

Chinese actor Ludi Lin, who recently starred as the Black Ranger in Liongate's Power Rangers reboot, has landed the role of Murk in Warner Bros James Wan-directed DC superhero film Aquaman. Jason Momoa is starring as the title character in the film, which WB recently pushed back from its original release date in October to December 21, 2018.

blue-suit-15nu6k.jpg

In the comics, Murk is the leader of the front-line army of Atlantis known as the Men-of-War and Aquaman's trusted ally.

murk-new-52lyu0x.jpg

Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen, and Temuera Morrison co-star

The role marks the first major casting for the up-and-comer Lin since Power Rangers, which bowed in theaters March, and had a solid weekend opening of $40.5M. He's repped by CAA, Echelon Talent Management and Myman, Greenspan, Fineman, Fox.

Lock if old.

Pein

Banned
I hope we get a aqualad in this movie even if it's just a cameo. I was worried he was cast in that role and it wouldn't be Kaldur.

jwk94

Very glad for him, especially since we might not be getting a sequel. Hopefully the blue ranger starts making moves too.

Zen Aku

You means the best Ranger in the movie?

I love how they barely spent any time on his back story and its easily the most relatable one of all the rangers backstory.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good. Hollywood needs to snatch up him and the actor that played the Blue Ranger.

The Adder

Banned
He would have been an awesome tempest

Not wrong in the least. Would have been a role with much more of a future too. Wouldn't have cast him as Murk, personally would have wanted someone with more years on their face. But judging from what I've seen him in, I think he's got the skill to pull it off as long as they're writing the character around the actor.

And yeah, second best thing in PR and would have been my choice for Red Ranger (though the one we got did fine).

Pein

Banned
Tempest/Aqualad/Garth is boring. Why do ya'll want him?
Because we live in a age where a motherfucker named aqualad being in a blockbuster movie is a real possibility. Let's go deep in to the rabbit hole while we can dude. Plus while Garth is lame kaldur is dope and we can get the whole manta/kaldur dynamic from young justice.

The Adder

Banned
I'd rather they play with the role of Murk and wait till they set up Kaldur'ahm.

Not mutually exclusive. They could easily play a Garth/Kaldur story similar to Dick Grayson/Tim Drake or Tim Drake/Damian Wayne. Doesn't matter now, since he's Murk, but Garth would have ensured he saw more than one film with more than six lines.

Ross61

Not mutually exclusive. They could easily play a Garth/Kaldur story similar to Dick Grayson/Tim Drake or Tim Drake/Damian Wayne. Doesn't matter now, since he's Murk, but Garth would have ensured he saw more than one film with more than six lines.

Why do you think he won't have more lines???? He's Aquaman's right hand man lol. I'm sure he'll have a significant role is Aquaman film series.

That's great! I thought that even through the so-so script of power rangers he showed some glimpses of depth to his acting ability.

The Adder

Banned
Why do you think he won't have more lines???? He's Aquaman's right hand man lol. I'm sure he'll have a significant role is Aquaman film series.

Murk? Murk is far from Arthur's right hand man. Hell, he's loyal to Form over Arthur. Granted, I'm on-again/off-again with Aquaman so maybe I'm behind.

And some folks say Asian dudes aren't attractive.... That is one handsome ass dude. Yes I'm jealous that he is more attractive and taller than me ;_;

I just imagined Murk to be a brick house of a man.

Says who? Male kpop groups alone beat the rest of the world.

Sorry should have clarified, Asian American dudes (in this case, Asian Canadian but to some folks Asian is Asian :/).

And I know about handsome ass dudes in Asia. It makes me more depressed ;_;

Glad to have more handsome ass Asian dudes on the big screen (and tv) to destroy the Asian Male stereotypes 👍

DarkWish

He was good in Power Rangers, and I'm happy he's getting more roles in big movies. Really nice dude too. He deserves it.

ReiGun

Good for him. Probably one of the more interesting casting decisions, given what the character in the comics looks like.

I would say Billy was a notch above the rest with Zach being a close second.

This. Trinin needed more time, and Jason was serviceable. Kimberley tho....lmao.

Top Bottom