• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Dolph Lundgren Joins Jason Momoa in 'Aquaman'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this movie has an amazing cast thus far.

Dolph Lundgren is making his return to studio movies by diving deep into the world of comic book films.

The veteran action star, whose credits range from Rocky IV to the recent Expendables movies, has joined Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on DC Comics’ underwater-breathing superhero.

James Wan is sitting in the director’s chair for the big-budget tentpole, which is eyeing a May production start in Australia.

Jason Momoa is starring as the title character, and the film's call sheet includes Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest; Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother; and Patrick Wilson as Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

Willem Dafoe is playing Aquaman’s adviser, scientist Dr. Vulko; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is classic villain Black Manta; and Temuera Morrison is Aquaman’s father.

Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman.

14595780749045au1q.jpg

meras-history-with-nebtuf7.jpg

Ashhong

Did you really think there wouldn't already be a thread on this? This is GAF

But I appreciate the comic strip you included

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How many antagonists does this movie have? I'm counting 3. I know they'll probably play Orm as an ally turned antagonist, but that still leaves 2 more.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dolph/Nereus is not one of the villains.

Wanting to kill Aquaman and take Mera sounds pretty antagonistic to me. I'm not saying he's THE villain of the movie, but there are 3 characters we know aren't huge fans of Aquaman.

Slayven

Le Sigh. Speedforce isn't the only thing in the DC Universe

The Clear, sometimes called the Blue, is a force which connects and pervades all aquatic life and oceanic themed elements in general within the universe. It is intended to be the force from which a number of aquatic-themed heroes or villains acquire certain abilities. The Clear is heralded by the enigmatic Parliament of Waves, an ensemble of former avatars who now reside as a counselling order to the Clear.

Access to the Clear can allow the user to communicate with marine life, as well as utilize hydrokinetic abilities.

imp4.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I just want to say Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as black manta is perfect. He was great in the get down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom