• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aquaman - Official Trailer 1

Andyliini

Just released and shown in Comic-Con:

Directed by James Wan
Starring Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren
In theaters December 2018

pramod

Banned
Black Manta looks bad ass :alien:

Not sure about all the fish CGI though, it keeps giving me Finding Nemo flashbacks.

Atrus

Gold Member
With James Wan at the helm yeah... this is going to be a good one to watch in theatres. Looks like an Aquaman that hits all the highnotes.

KonradLaw

Great trailer. It's Wan, so it's almost guaranteed to be good. But I didn't expect it to look this crazy. At first it looked nice, but when they went underwater it started to get crazier and crazier. I didn't think they would go underwater battle with armored sea beasts, but they did and it looks incredible.
And that shot when they dove underwater with flares and all the monsters followed. Jesus, it's like living paiting.

Gander

Banned
This looks like they are putting forth effort but as much as I like Jason Momoa as person he can't act his way out of a paper bag. People hire him for his looks but he is fucking terrible. To be fair Jessica Alba is the same way. They think if they put enough decent actors around him it will cover up his inability.

cryptoadam

Banned
Has that weird DC look, like everything is a green screen/CGI and not composoted well. Its the BvsS and Justice League look.

Seems kinda basic, back story, evil brother, save the kingdom stuff. I guess this is a "prequel" to Justice League in a sense that it takes place before JL?

They should have released this movie BEFORE Justice League. JL should of been The Batman with Cyborg and WW cameo's. Then follow it up with Aquaman and WW 84, which would all lead into Justice League and Superman making his big return 3 movies later.

Grinchy

Banned
That looked really shitty. I can smell the bad acting from a mile away. The two leads are both bad, the CG looks terrible, and the story just played itself out in the trailer.

longdi

Banned
Looks terrible, too much bad DCU try hard vibes.

Which is more 'outta place' in the 'real' world, Wakanda optically hidden high tech city or underwater Atlanteans city with LOTR battle, riding on a dino croc? Real question here.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
James Wan is a good director and has a solid track record, it seems that he can tackle any genre, so I'll probably see it just because of him. But there are two things that bother me. Jason Momoa and the CG overload. I just can't stomach this shit, when everything has to be as big and epic and large scale super duper mega in your face. It turns me off. And seriously, every trailer today is cut in the same fashion. It makes Hollywood movies seem like they are manufactured in the same way, in an assembly line, just churning out the same shit with all style and no substance, spoon feeding its audience with mindless crap. So sick of it.

Imagine if it turns out to be better than Man of Steel, batman vs superman, or the justice league? With everyone's "beloved" Aquaman on top of that? Looks pretty decent.

Top Bottom