• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't like how people want everyone to be pragmatic and killers. I get the necessity but at the same time not everyone is the same.

Why didn't his Sensei use his stick instead of his body to block the Zombie?
I know the show is following the Mentor formula but it's still stupid

Nobody even knows Glenn is missing. And when they realise, they're not going to know where to look. That storyline isn't getting resolved for awhile.
but if glenn did manage to survive, i'm sure everybody wanted to see what was the next step for him.

All you do is bitch.
i've got over 6,000 posts, over 100 in this thread, you've read every single one of them?

and I don't know if you noticed but a lot of people seem disappointed with this episode

Nameless

It was a pretty inspired move putting this episode after showing that some people(Nicholas) aren't in fact worth saving.

Still think Morgan's code is not just naive, but just as dangerous as actually killing people, if not more so.

Konka

Banned
but if glenn did manage to survive, i'm sure everybody wanted to see what was the next step for him.

i've got over 6,000 posts, over 100 in this thread, you've read every single one of them?

and I don't know if you noticed but a lot of people seem disappointed with this episode

And a lot of people enjoyed it.

JTripper

And it deserves it. Kind of unfortunate that a lot of the reception so far has been misguided negativity just because people would rather know what happened to Glen.

I didn't think tonight's episode would answer it even if it included the main cast. I wouldn't even be surprised if we don't find out by the end of the season, maybe it'll be another Merle-on-the-roof deal.

Gorillaz

I definitely don't think Morgan is making it out this season either and with the way they are handling the glenn thing (future glenn comic spoilers)
I think Morgan will be the one getting the Negan treatment instead, that whole "is he dead isn't he" card they just played with glenn makes me feel like he's going to live

jerry113

Banned
And it deserves it. Kind of unfortunate that a lot of the reception so far has been misguided negativity just because people would rather know what happened to Glen.

I like everything about this episode except for the way Cheesemaker got bitten.

I don't buy that an aikido master wouldn't have used his stick to shove the walker out of the way instead of turning his back to its mouth.

that's the thing with a show as popular as walking dead. Some watch it for the very fact that it bring intensity and episodes like this. Some only watch for the intensity and there is even a small minority who finds the intense episodes annoying and the slower character based ones the best. I seent them on the internet.

I definitely don't think Morgan is making it out this season either and with the way they are handling the glenn thing (future glenn comic spoilers)
I think Morgan will be the one getting the Negan treatment instead, that whole "is he dead isn't he" card they just played with glenn makes me feel like he's going to live
I think you're right.

oneils

Need a reference point.

Eastman has largely been disinterested with the TMNT franchise for years. He got back into it only the last couple years.

I'm not saying Eastman has anything to do with the episode, himself. But maybe the creators of walking dead were paying tribute to him.

JTripper

I like everything about this episode except for the way Cheesemaker got bitten.

I don't buy that an aikido master wouldn't have used his stick to shove the walker out of the way instead of turning his back to its mouth.

I agree, that moment could have been more dramatic but narratively it worked well since it was the guy that Morgan strangled.

MaKTaiL

that's the thing with a show as popular as walking dead. Some watch it for the very fact that it bring intensity and episodes like this. Some only watch for the intensity and there is even a small minority who finds the intense episodes annoying and the slower character based ones the best. I seent them on the internet.
I like both kind of episodes. The slow ones in particular. But I still think tonight's episode was stupid and unnecessary. Definitely not worth 90min. We already knew the outcome go that story. We got nothing new.

Macattk15

Man. I am pissed I wasted an hour and a half to watch that shit that could have been wrapped up in 10 minutes .... because it progressed exactly as assumed.

Effect

In terms of the episode itself... it was great outside of one major quibble [how cheese maker died]

The main problem people are going to have I think is that it slowed down the momentum massively.

It needed to be slowed down. The intensity of the last few weeks is not something you can allow to be constant. It will begin to lose it's impact. It also builds up an expectation that the show itself can not at all begin to keep. We see already that there is a section of the fan base that complain and hate anything that is not constantly action and killing. They love it and that's a little worrying. That's why they watch the show. You can't cater to them all the time or even most of the time. There are millions of other viewers that enjoy a variety of episodes. This is for them.

It needed to be slowed down. The intensity of the last few weeks is not something you can allow to be constant. It will begin to lose it's impact. It also builds up an expectation that the show itself can not at all begin to keep. We see already that there is a section of the fan base that complain and hate anything that is not constantly action and killing. They love it and that's a little worrying. That's why they watch the show. You can't cater to them all the time or even most of the time. There are millions of other viewers that enjoy a variety of episodes. This is for them.
this is true, but this wasn't the right time to slow it down in my opinion.

I hear what you are saying, but in this setting it is kill or be killed

Which Morgan understands. But the whole point of this is to show that that Morgan's pacifism is basically his limiter. Its more for him. He doesn't want to slip into "Clear" Morgan again.

That's what separates him and Tyrese. Tyrese just wasn't that guy. Just like Eugene isn't really that guy. Morgan is a killer and he's trying to escape from that. He's like Chris said, an addict.

HeySeuss

I hear what you are saying, but in this setting it is kill or be killed

There's definitely truth in that, but I think there's room for someone that kills zombies but not the living. I liked Tyrees' character. I thought it was refreshing for someone to be on the opposite end of the spectrum of kill or be killed. Like a dash of morality and hope for your fellow man, even when it was painfully obvious certain people need to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom