• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

ZeoVGM

Banned
There was even the moment at the end where Daryl found the carved sculpture with the words on it "DIDN'T KNOW" that showed that Dwight didn't betray them lol.

Haha, seriously. The only way you could think that Dwight told Negan about the plan is if you weren't paying attention. :p

jfkgoblue

The "twist" was dumb as fuck, but to everyone saying that they are in the same place as the end of the last season, no, not at all.

Skab

Haha, seriously. The only way you could think that Dwight told Negan about the plan is if you weren't paying attention. :p

I'm fairly certain that 90% of people who watch this on gaf are on their phones doing other things while the episode is on.

Then they come here and bitch about how stuff didnt make sense.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm fairly certain that 90% of people who watch this on gaf are on their phones doing other things while the episode is on.

Haha, well yeah. I was looking for a nicer​ way to say it, but that's probably what's going on. I noticed some other people missed it elsewhere. It requires having knowledge of Dwight's woodcarving hobby, which means having paid attention a couple episodes back. Also that Daryl specifically is the person who has​ this knowledge, so the carving would only have significant meaning to him. Anybody else finding it would be meaningless, but since Daryl found it he can relay the message.

Airola

Anyone care to explain the purpose of Sasha being in the coffin?

If I recall correctly, the coffin was supposed to be there for whoever Negan was going to kill. And again, if I recall correctly, Sasha wanted to get in the coffin. Told she'd want to have a rest or something like that. I guess she did that to be able to take the pill without anyone noticing.

I really thought the coffin would've been used to bury Sasha alive, which would've been one hell of a way to have "the season finale death."

Made my first gif :)

giphy.gif

seriously wtf happened here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
-Negan shitty lines. "something something they have a tiger!"

He didn't say anything before that, just "God damn tiger" in shock. Not seeing what's shitty about that line in itself. I'm pretty sure most people would react with something along the lines of "what the fuck, that's a fucking tiger" in that position.

that pregnant lady is a bad ass!" *tried to shot and fails* (lol i forgot the actual line but its stupid.)

You got the first part completely wrong and didn't remember the second part, so how'd you know it was stupid? :p

The line was: "That widow is alive, guns ablazing!" Then his gun runs out of ammo and he says, "You taste that, Simon? That's the taste of shit."

Now if you think that's still shitty, that's fine. But that's Negan's character. He's over the top, says ridiculous/corny stuff and is going to be a staple on the show for a long time.

... Yep, I'm starting to realize that. Haha.

I'm been down on this show almost all season but there's definitely some "not paying attention" and nitpicking going on too.

seriously wtf happened here.
am I missing something? Rosita was shooting at someone and then got shot it seems, then tara shot someone in her blindspot and took her away. What's the weird part.

I mean the action overall is pretty campy as you'd expect on this show and especially with this shows budget at times but that gif isn't crazy.

am I missing something? Rosita was shooting at someone and then got shot it seems, then tara shot someone in her blindspot and took her away. What's the weird part.

That was likely the intention, but it also looks as if Tara is shooting at Rosita, because of how badly shot the action is.

Lorcain

Made my first gif :)

giphy.gif
Yep lol, the direction at the individual actor level during the shoot out and the editing was amateur hour. Makes for some funny gifs though.

In this one here, Tara looks like she's shooting at Rosita right after Rosita is shot by someone behind Tara. And then Tara grabs Rosita under the arm and helps her scuffle out in the open across the gunfire.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I mean the action overall is pretty campy as you'd expect on this show and especially with this shows budget at times but that gif isn't crazy.

Why is that car there? Zombies can't drive!

That was likely the intention, but it also looks as if Tara is shooting at Rosita, because of how badly shot the action is.
I think it was intentional to make it all seem as chaotic as possible. But it does open it up to seeming silly at times but a tight focused action scene wouldn't really work in that scenario anyway.

BUT WHO IS CAR?

ZeoVGM

Banned

That was the intention, yes. But it literally looked like Tara shot Rosita to the point where many people watching the show thought that's what happened for a moment.

And the situation you're describing just doesn't make sense with how that shot appeared. Tara was literally aiming at either Rosita or the wall next to her. There's no other option in what we're shown.

It was terribly shot. Everything about that sequence from that shot, to Maggie sneaking around the car, to Michonne's fight scene to the stealth tiger no one saw coming, to both separate groups getting to Alexandria at the same time and having no issue slipping inside.

Bad.

I think we both know that's nothing remotely like the majority of complaints you're seeing about that scene. :p

Flo_Evans

I did not get that the wooden statue was a message from Dwight.

He cut the trees down (but how would they know that) and apeared to be at Negans side maybe he forgot the plan. Shoot him in the head.

Why Rick would trust him is beyond me. Why they didn't just hit the explosives when Eugene said "I am negan!" Is beyond me. Ok they were disabled, I would of grabbed the nearest rifle and blown his damn head off.

Rick keeps saying he doesn't care anymore lol kill my son whatever but I'm not gonna kill a traitor that's been flipped? Negan obviously wants you alive so he can torture you more you are not even going to attempt to disarm the person pointing a gun at you?

Rick basically stood there like a dumbass the entire fight. He is damn lucky Negan likes toying with people or his entire group would be dead. I'm sure they will somehow magically win when Negan is actually trying to kill them.

Darknight

He didn't say anything before that, just "God damn tiger" in shock. Not seeing what's shitty about that line in itself. I'm pretty sure most people would react with something along the lines of "what the fuck, that's a fucking tiger" in that position.

You got the first part completely wrong and didn't remember the second part, so how'd you know it was stupid? :p

The line was: "That widow is alive, guns ablazing!" Then his gun runs out of ammo and he says, "You taste that, Simon? That's the taste of shit."

Now if you think that's still shitty, that's fine. But that's Negan's character. He's over the top, says ridiculous/corny stuff and is going to be a staple on the show for a long time.

... Yep, I'm starting to realize that. Haha.

I'm been down on this show almost all season but there's definitely some "not paying attention" and nitpicking going on too.
This episode was full of stupid. Yea I wasnt quoting it but the lines were terrible. You mean to tell me somehow Negan doesnt know Ezekiel has a tiger? I find that hard to believe.

Just look at the GIF with the girl shooting Rosita.

ZeoVGM

Banned
This episode was full of stupid. Yea I wasnt quoting it but the lines were terrible. You mean to tell me somehow Negan doesnt know Ezekiel has a tiger? I find that hard to believe.

A tiger attacking your people randomly out of nowhere is going to cause a "holy shit, that's a fucking tiger" response even if you know someone in a different town happens to have a tiger.

Yes, the episode had plenty of stupid. Actual stupid. You're kind of nitpicking with stuff.

Just look at the GIF with the girl shooting Rosita.

You mean the GIF I've commented on while also shitting all over that final battle...?

Got

Banned
Whelp, this abortion of a show definitely flopped onto the floor after it was vacuumed out. Hate watching it is almost too boring. On to the next shitty zombie show tragedy, Fear the Walking Dead, lol.

SamuraiX-

That Rosita-Tara gif is actually one of the more acceptable shots of the whole gun battle.

Can we get a gif of all the times Saviors/Scavengers just ran into opposing gunfire with their weapons lowered? Gifs of their potato reaction times?

Gifs of weapon recoil/kick for some characters that disappears seconds/minutes later? Gifs of infinite ammo? Gifs of just random spraying?

gaf pls c'mon son

aw wtf do I care, the only gif that matters baby:

tumblr_ontfzpQZb31qfu1wuo3_540.gif

IN CARL WICK WE TRUST

A tiger attacking your people randomly out of nowhere is going to cause a "holy shit, that's a fucking tiger" response even if you know someone in a different town happens to have a tiger.

This. No matter whether or not you know Ezekiel has a tiger, in the rush of the moment I think when you suddenly see it leaping and chomping down on one of your guys, you're going to have a "holy shit, that's a fucking tiger" reaction.

ColdPizza

Banned
Haha. Finally watched it. Goddamn the King was fucking corny as shit when he got to Alexandria. There's one shot where he's running away from the camera kicking up his heels. It just gave me strong Monty Python vibes. Ridiculous.

SamuraiX-

The scene with Rick telling Negan he was gonna kill him is more of what I want, you could really feel the tension between the two and I want crazy Rick back.

You know, I actually really liked that moment where Morgan shanks a dude in the face and him and Rick lock eyes and exchange nods in the middle of the battlefield. Love those scenes between them. Always gives me Season 1 & 3 vibes.

Also, I don't think Negan has ever been as furious as he was starring into Rick's eyes after Rick tells him that they're already dead. lawd

I know people have been down on JDM, but he's been consistently amazing all season for me.

The scene with Rick telling Negan he was gonna kill him is more of what I want, you could really feel the tension between the two and I want crazy Rick back.
negan + rick face to face scenes are all awesome.

also the machine gun daryl was using cracks me up. COD level stuff there.

You know, I actually really liked that moment where Morgan shanks that guy in the face and him and Rick lock eyes and exchange nods in the middle of the battlefield. Love those scenes between them. Always gives me Season 1 & 3 vibes.

Also, I don't think Negan has ever been as furious as he was starring into Rick's eyes after Rick tells him that they're already dead. lawd

I know people have been down on JDM, but he's been consistently amazing all season for me.
negan was semi-subtly shaking. Really nice from JDM. He was furious inside.

^
Completely agree!

negan + rick face to face scenes are all awesome.

also the machine gun daryl was using cracks me up. COD level stuff there.

negan was semi-subtly shaking. Really nice from JDM. He was furious inside.

Yeah.
Heh, I kind of liked it. I like how he didn't let that go to waste sitting on the ground lol.
Yeah, that was a great reaction shot.

Chumley

Banned

And that's why I'll probably keep watching. "It won't matter" was probably the most badass moment in the entire season, JDM and Lincoln are fucking incredible. Lenny James is also a god in almost every scene he's in. As long as they're able to keep delivering the occasional great scene with the few legit great actors they have, it's not a total loss.

Gaz_RB

What a dope episode. You knew the Kingdom was going to show up at the last possible second, but that whole scene and tiger kill was awesome.

Long wait for the next season now...

Cmagus

You know, I actually really liked that moment where Morgan shanks a dude in the face and him and Rick lock eyes and exchange nods in the middle of the battlefield. Love those scenes between them. Always gives me Season 1 & 3 vibes.

JDM really sells it right down to the subtle shake from being so mad. Negan is also at his best when he is angry and I'm really hoping next season now that all this slow stuff is out of the way everything just blows up. I'm waiting for that moment when both Rick and Negan's characters finally snap because it's gonna happen.

ZOONAMI

Uhh, it isn't about the viewer not knowing, but Rick and co not knowing, as to them, Dwight would be the most likely candidate (Also the scavengers obviously).

Most people on here thought it was Gregory or the scavengers telling Negan, not Dwight. And who posting here didn't know it was Dwight who left the carving? It was the preposterousness of him somehow leaving it there in the middle of all the chaos that's the issue.

What are both of you even talking about?

That Rosita-Tara gif is actually one of the more acceptable shots of the whole gun battle.

Can we get a gif of all the times Saviors/Scavengers just ran into opposing gunfire with their weapons lowered? Gifs of their potato reaction times?

Gifs of weapon recoil/kick for some characters that disappears seconds/minutes later? Gifs of infinite ammo? Gifs of just random spraying?

gaf pls c'mon son

aw wtf do I care, the only gif that matters baby:

tumblr_ontfzpQZb31qfu1wuo3_540.gif

IN CARL WICK WE TRUST
These Gifs are killing me, the gay dude and the girl next to him barely even bat a eye when Carl fired his first shot.

Awful finale, awful season. I guess they really expected me to be super fucking invested in shit like Abraham/Sasha. Did anyone want a fucking Abraham flashback with hokey I had a bad dream don't go bullshit? I see this thread has a done a decent enough job of eviscerating this nonsense already so I'll just leave it that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Uhh, it isn't about the viewer not knowing, but Rick and co not knowing, as to them, Dwight would be the most likely candidate (Also the scavengers obviously).

What are both of you even talking about?

I literally replied to someone who said he thought it was Dwight who betrayed Rick and the group. So yes, it is about the viewer not knowing. We're not discussing Rick knowing or not, we were talking about the viewer.

So what are you talking about?

Surfinn

Awful finale, awful season. I guess they really expected me to be super fucking invested in shit like Abraham/Sasha. Did anyone want a fucking Abraham flashback with hokey I had a bad dream don't go bullshit? I see this thread has a done a decent enough job of eviscerating this nonsense already so I'll just leave it that.
It felt out of place. Their flashback wasn't connected to anything in the episode or any sort of real development.

I mean this is what season finales have come down to? Trying to force us to care about Sasha committing suicide? I bet Rosita dying is gonna be s8 finale.

ZOONAMI

I literally replied to someone who said he thought it was Dwight who betrayed Rick and the group. So yes, it is about the viewer not knowing. We're not discussing Rick knowing or not, we were talking about the viewer.

So what are you talking about?

My bad. Yeah that's dumb.

Top Bottom