• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Time to say goodbye,’ Duterte tells US during visit to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope President Hillary doesn't start the Spanish American War Part 2 over this. We've seen her rattle sabres over lesser provocations.

If anything its most likely already happening, wouldn't be surprised if the CIA/FBI are already trying to bribe Vietnam officials, the last undecided country who is still on the fence.

Japan said fucks its Constitution and is building a non defensive army for USA.
Taiwan in the middle
Duterte is batshit crazy

Duterte is not a smart man. China will easily manipulate him to be their lapdog.
He's our lapdog (or was). He doesn't want to be anymore - he should have a choice in the matter.
Are you Maduro? Empire? What Empire? The closest thing to an empire, as in a country invading others and subjugating them, is Russia.
I'm in the twilight zone.
He's jailing and threatening to kill users.
This guy's policies are horrendous. But notice how the State Department brushes all that to the side and tries to smooth that over. I don't think they want to lose the Philippines.
Yup, Duterte is simply hastening a process that'll happen eventually. As China has grown in power so has their desire to expand their influence. For countries in that region China is the undisputed reigning Queen, all rely on doing business with them. I really think we should rethink the doomed Asia pivot and put our resources to work elsewhere.
Once Philippines and China decided to ignore the Hague judgement and work out the South China Sea dispute diplomatically, the writing was on the wall. So I think you're right.

spwolf

If anything its most likely already happening, wouldn't be surprised if the CIA/FBI are already trying to bribe Vietnam officials, the last undecided country who is still on the fence.

Japan said fucks its Constitution and is building a non defensive army for USA.
Taiwan in the middle
Duterte is batshit crazy

Fbi bribing foreign officials, Japan building army for USA? Really?

But I dont wanna say goodbye. It makes it hard for a Filipino to love the Philippines if the majority of the country supports this guy.
Sounds like the majority of people in the Philippines also support the US and hate China's influences... so we'll see if his support continues to be high after this move.

darkwing

Sounds like the majority of people in the Philippines also support the US and hate China's influences... so we'll see if his support continues to be high after this move.

based on social media, his supporters are supporting this move, in fact they support everything he does

Mr. X

I'm not defending him if he really is killing innocent people, thats wrong . I dont trust the western media when its about non western countries.

My point was that he would rather deal with china because they dont involve themselves with another countries social issues. Personally I as a black man would love to hear other countries condemn the U.S. like he did about police brutality on black americans .

It sucks but a lot of times its better to solve problems without interference.
He's letting people kill anyone they think are dealers or users of any drug, of any amount. There is no jail or trial. You have Filipinos on this forum, wtf Western news outlets. He's not cool for saying anything about police brutality, he's a hypocrite.

Didn't he say something pro-rape recently?

based on social media, his supporters are supporting this move, in fact they support everything he does

There's a recent poll that just came out this Filipino's trust the US most and China least. Don't mind the people in your Facebook feed man. Some of those are paid. 16 million voted for this dude. That's only 16% of the pop. Hardly the majority thing that people are saying.

Also I wonder what the middle class thinks of this. Since they are the key wether you stay in power or not here.

How did this guy get elected??

Read some old Duterte threads where people support him and you see how...

"Everyone else was corrupt."
"We wanted change."
"We really have a big drug user problem."
"He is the vigilante we need!"
"His rape joke was tasteless, but...."

Mark L

As an American I have this to say: whatever happens, I hope this does not affect our relationship with the people of the Philippines. We have been great friends for a long time, and I hope we can be friends into the future too, no matter what that brings. I wish you all the very best of luck, and I believe in my heart that we will always be here for you if you need us, no matter what anyone's president says.

Jabo

Isnt he the guy who fixed Dark Souls on PC?

6CalyYQ.gif

MAN I was in a terrible mood but this post..... THIS POST! Prob post of the month

On topic: Guy is a lunatic and not one of my pinoy friends are against him. I have to hold myself everytime I see a duterte post on FB. Funny how they all hated china and its policies but now nope

China tourism been pumping money into Philippines economy for years, ....if anyone ever visited Philippines will know how bad it is there with crime, makes the inner city in the US look like wonderland ...ain't surprised they look into china for influence on crime and punishment....and extra funding ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom