• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

’24 Eyes Return As Limited Series On Fox, Kiefer Sutherland In Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ibpsxT0FssayGk.gif

N.A

Banned
he-s-coming-for-me-o.gif

I just re-watched season 8 skipping everything that wasn't Jack. I can't wait for this. It's not the best show i've ever seen but it is my favourite :)

gdt

I think many are forgetting how the second half of the series was UNDERPOWERED BAUER HOUR.

Well yeah the last bunch of seasons were pretty meh at best (though the last run on S8 was awesome only cause Jack lost his fucking mind), but I'm excited for it to come back. 12 episodes....return of Jack Bauer....all cool stuff.

NOW I WILL GET EXCITED.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lonestar

What is Chloe up to these days?

Granted do I want her back? This show tends to kill anyone you get close to!

Only thing I've seen her do, is small cameo's (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and comedy (well, a podcast series she started)

is it too early to start bets on total killcount for this miniseries by bauer?

12 episodes, and Bauer's averaging 1.4 kills per hour, so 17 more souls for Jack Bauer to reap (cause you can't count 0.8 of a person). But that's at normal time, with this new 1=2 hours, it could actually be more like 34 Terrorists.

Only thing I've seen her do, is small cameo's (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and comedy (well, a podcast series she started)

12 episodes, and Bauer's averaging 1.4 kills per hour, so 17 more souls for Jack Bauer to reap (cause you can't count 0.8 of a person). But that's at normal time, with this new 1=2 hours, it could actually be more like 34 Terrorists.

let's not forget the occasional spy, CTU suit etc etc.

Lonestar

let's not forget the occasional spy, CTU suit etc etc.

If they ain't Jack Bauer, they're Terrorists. Kim, Chloe, the 2 or 3 living Ex-Girlfriends, Janeane Garofalo, The Mountain Lion, Jack's nephew who looks more like a son-hinting at cuckolding his brother with his sister-in-law, Spock in season 3 and Spock's look-a-like in Season 8.

ALL TURRIRISTS.

Except for Pierce

tumblr_m6exfzsAZ81qdnml6o1_500.jpg

Non-Turrirists

Vally

He's finished voice acting near infinite pages of MGSV already?

The new season is MGSV, 12 hours of cutscenes confirmed

j2dyuZWCl3s3U.jpg

Live Another Day? I would not want a title that evokes 'Die Another Day'.

There's still a lot of time, wouldn't surprise me if they changed the title (they already did that with the TV movie, it was going to be titled 24: Exile and later they changed it to 24: Redemption)

Rich!

Oh my god

Never thought this day would come. Bauer never got the send off he deserved. Fucking YES

Is this just going to be a one off, or could it go on for more than one season? Having it half the length of a regular season is brilliant news.

Zodzilla

BEST NEWS EVER. YES YES YES.

JACK BAUER POWER HOUR IS BACK. DAMMIT CHLOE OPEN UP A SOCKET. WITH THIS AND ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT COMING BACK I'M SO EFFING HAPPY!

D23

thread title needs to be updated..

but damnnn soooo happpy to get to see Jack Baur on TV again..

kiefer gotta eat

Lonestar

24, with FX-like season length. 12 episode seasons of Justified, The Shield, etc. Sounds great. More than enough time to tell a great story, without any of the filler. Or at least, without as much filler as it used to have.

D23

From 24 official Facebook

FOX has ordered 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set to restart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and Howard Gordon’s Teakwood Lane Productions, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.

The announcement was made this morning by Kevin Reilly, Chairman, Fox Broadcasting Company; Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen, Twentieth Century Fox Television; and Brian Grazer, Chairman, Imagine Entertainment.

The high-octane saga will reunite showrunner Howard Gordon with Sutherland and retain the real-time, pulse-pounding, fast-paced format with split screens and complex interweaving storylines, with 12 episodes representing 24 hours. The suspenseful event series once again follows the exploits of heroic agent JACK BAUER (Sutherland), who will resume his story several years following the events of the final season.

“It’s great to have Jack back. ‘24’ redefined the drama genre, and as we reimagine the television miniseries, this iconic show will again break new ground for the network,” said Reilly. “The series remains a global sensation, and everyone at FOX is thrilled to be back at work with Kiefer, Howard and the incredibly creative ‘24’ team.”

“When Howard came to us saying he had an idea for a new chapter of ‘24,’ he quite simply had us at ‘hello,’” remarked 20th Century Fox Television Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. “’24’ is a signature series for this studio, beloved by critics and audiences worldwide. Howard’s idea to revive the franchise as an event series couldn’t be timelier, and with the brilliant Kiefer Sutherland on board to reprise his iconic role, we can’t wait to get started.”

Added Imagine Television Chairman Brian Grazer, “I'm both excited and proud that Howard, Kiefer, and I, along with ours partners at 20th and Fox, have this new opportunity to give ‘24’ fans what they've been asking for – more Jack Bauer. It's been my experience that people love Jack Bauer because he's a guy who cuts through the red tape and gets the hardest things done. I am certain 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will again have a huge impact on our culture.”

“The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,” noted Sutherland. “To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.”

“Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’ve missed him. I think the audience has too,” said executive producer Howard Gordon who served as showrunner for most of the series’ run and won multiple Emmy Awards for his work. “The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back.”

Originally premiering November 6, 2001, ‘24’ was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over eight seasons, Kiefer Sutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’s portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer and Kiefer Sutherland will executive produce, along with an additional team to be announced. The original series, which had its last American broadcast on May 24, 2010, was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran.

Servbot24

Banned
muahaha might be worth it

so basically, cut the mid-level boss and make him/her the final boss

I always really liked Gaines from S1

Though Jack unleashing hell on the Drazens is one of the all time greatest scenes from 24, so that half of the season was worth it

Meier

I'm super excited about its return. The final season was awesome and I think that this new format will make it more taut. It wasn't particularly great, but Fox did a nice job with The Following being pretty exciting straight through due to the fact it was only 15 episodes and that there were no breaks/weeks off. 12 feels like a nice number for the show although obviously I'd love to have even more of it. If they do half as good a job as FX does with their shows at this length, we're in for a treat.

bndadm

<Scans release announcement. Sees it picks up after Season 8 *SEASON FINALE* now>

This is fantastic news, and a fantastic idea on part of both Fox and Gordon/Imagine Entertainment.

Will be interested how they do 12 episodes covering 24 hours but consider it real time (per the press release).

Oh and if my avatar makes no appearance, I will assume it's because Agent Pierce (or the actor, who I almost imagine as being equally badass in real life) has ascended to the heights of a God and is no longer available.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Whoa whoa whoa.. my Bauer senses were tingling and... Oh my..

iOPNO4klLp4tj.gif

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!! Bauer Power Hour is back, bitches. All hail the King!

WillyFive

I wondering what they mean about 12 episodes representing 24 hours. How can they do it while still being in real-time (according to the press release)?

bndadm

I wondering what they mean about 12 episodes representing 24 hours. How can they do it while still being in real-time (according to the press release)?

They'll skip hours in-between. So each episode is one hour, but they may not be consecutive. They will however, be in chronological order.

Example: Premiere might be 4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m., then episode 2 is 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.

It allows them to skip over major episodes that would involve them travelling. Hopefully allowing more diverse locations and, of course, a brisker narrative.

Edit: Link about real-time format confirmed and some other bits I didn't see anywhere else. http://www.tvovermind.com/24/24-event-series-teasers-jack-bauer-213784

"...and Reilly noted that the series is already getting a &#8220;who&#8217;s who of Hollywood in the door wanting to participate on this&#8221;."
"Reilly noted that the original 24 hour time period usually covered big moments and some additional storylines. Compressing it into twelve weeks will allow the show to focus solely on the big moments."

Mother of God. An entire season comprised of only the big moments? I'll need to up my blood pressure medication.

WillyFive

They'll skip hours in-between. So each episode is one hour, but they may not be consecutive. They will however, be in chronological order.

Example: Premiere might be 4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m., then episode 2 is 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.

It allows them to skip over major episodes that would involve them travelling. Hopefully allowing more diverse locations and, of course, a brisker narrative.

That is very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom