• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Big Bang Theory’ to End With Season 12

cryptoadam

Banned
‘The Big Bang Theory’ to End With Season 12

The upcoming season of “The Big Bang Theory” will be the last for the Warner Bros.-produced CBS comedy.

In a joint statement, Warner Bros. Television, CBS and Chuck Lorre Productions said, “We are forever grateful to our fans for their support of The Big Bang Theory during the past twelve seasons. We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring The Big Bang Theory to an epic creative close.”

Not sure if this show is hated on here as it is other places on the net, but I really enjoyed BBT and thought it was a very funny show. Of course it got long in the tooth like any show that goes on for 10+ years but I still was getting laughs last seasons and they still had some interesting storylines. I think ending it on season 12 is a good point to go out on and they have pretty much run out of stuff.

Final season will be Amy/Sheldon being married. Penny should have a baby. And I hope they give Raj a stable love interest, though I always thought they should of had him come out as gay (and hook up with Stewart) but I think its to late for that now since the last season or so there was a lot of time spent on Raj's straight love life.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize this was still going. I hope those actors got some good syndication deals for the future when this crap is played in re-runs and marathons all day long around the world.

tkscz

Wow, I didn't realize this was still going. I hope those actors got some good syndication deals for the future when this crap is played in re-runs and marathons all day long around the world.

Kind of hoping the same. With how popular it still is, they could be living the Seinfeld dream and never need to do an ounce of work again.

cryptoadam

Banned
I am sure they all made huge bank and will be for the next decades. It was one of the biggest shows on network TV for a bit there if I am not mistaken.

Dthomp

If I remember right, every main character was making at or just under a million an episode. Unless they are awful with their money they are already more then fine for 3 lifetimes. Those contracts hit those levels at least 5-6 seasons ago...

cryptoadam

Banned
johnny-galecki-roseanne.jpg

Funny that this guy ended up being the main star on a show even bigger than Roseanne LOL.

Grinchy

Banned
If I remember right, every main character was making at or just under a million an episode. Unless they are awful with their money they are already more then fine for 3 lifetimes. Those contracts hit those levels at least 5-6 seasons ago...
Sure, but that doesn't say anything about what they are entitled to when the show is over and spends decades being re-run on TV. The actors on Friends, for example, could have spent their money like morons and still had financial freedom for life because of the syndication deals they struck.

TrainedRage

Banned
Maybe they will get me to watch if they all die in a fire in the last episode. I have an irrational hate for this show. Well, its pretty rational but whatever.

bitbydeath

Maybe they will get me to watch if they all die in a fire in the last episode. I have an irrational hate for this show. Well, its pretty rational but whatever.

You know very well if that happened the irritating laugh track would still play.
Laugh tracks are primarily what keep me from watching these types of shows.

-MD-

I forgot this was still airing, I think I bailed around season 3 or so?

Can't believe people are still watching this.

It's Jeff

Banned
I hope, finally, that people will stop saying to me, "you like comic books, you should love this show I'm watching." Yeah, the one that's been quietly mocking nerds for more than a decade? That one?

I won't miss it. Sorry OP, I don't share your lament at all.

Dthomp

You know very well if that happened the irritating laugh track would still play.
Laugh tracks are primarily what keep me from watching these types of shows.

This is the #1 reason I don't enjoy the show. My wife enjoys it and I watch from time to time, but the horrible laugh track is just to go off every 3 seconds it's unsettling

I forgot this was still airing, I think I bailed around season 3 or so?

Can't believe people are still watching this.

Ssssshhhh, if it wasn't for old people watching BBT and CSI on CBS, gamespot and giantbomb would probably be easy allies by now.

Graven

Seems about right.

Just close Raj's storyline and wrap it up, all other storylines seems to be finished at this point.

HanyBak

Neo Member
It's time. Could have been a couple of seasons earlier. They still have hilarious episodes, can't argue with that.

cryptoadam

Banned
Seems about right.

Just close Raj's storyline and wrap it up, all other storylines seems to be finished at this point.

What do you think they will do with Raj? I thought they had a good chance to make an interesting story by making him gay. It was always kinda joked at so I thought that could of been a decent story for him.

Graven

What do you think they will do with Raj? I thought they had a good chance to make an interesting story by making him gay. It was always kinda joked at so I thought that could of been a decent story for him.

Hard to tell, I expect them to either give him a female pair, or just keep him the single guy like Joey in Friends, or maybe going back to India for some reason.

Its the Family Guy of live actor tv shows. The same formula/gag every episode.

How this went for as long as it did tells me one of two things: Its core fanbase is the only fanbase of anything ever to be listened to, or that new fans discovered it often enough and in numbers enough to justify its continued existence.

Top Bottom