• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$10 eShop gift cards for $7 at pcgamesupply

RRockman

Banned
I'm getting a Switch next week. If I get this, should I redeem it on the Wii U or wait to redeem on the Switch?

Basically, is your account balance shared between consoles?

Also the image of the card saying 'for use on Wii U and 3DS' makes me nervous. I'm guessing it's just an image from before the Switch released?

Yes to all of your questions.

Especially the first >:D

Griss

Balance is shared between Wii U, 3DS, and Switch. Doesn't matter which cards you redeem codes from as long as it's not the old Wii Shop points.

Thanks. My 3DS is unfortunately EU region so I was never sure if the balance shared. My Wii U is US, and my Switch account will be too.

I'm glad that this was able to help some of you! Sorry I left out some details and such! I modified the first post a bit.

I was also able to get a eShop code thanks to a very helpful GAFfer!

Now I bought Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for my Switch! How many times have I bought that game now I wonder...

This might be the worst fucking site of all time. Everytime i register a phone number, it says already registered. Tried using a fake and wont take it either.

Experien

2nd time buying from them, so far no issues.

This one felt like it took 3 minutes instead of 1 minute to get my code. So I should be ranting and raving about how they are crooks, right?

Got one. Thanks, op.

Does anyone know if the US eShop accepts non-US credit cards? Also, is it possible to pay parts of a purchase with gift cards and the rest on credit card?

Onaco

Tried to buy via FB log in and apparently I made an account with my phone. Had to try logging in, then it said I can't buy more than one... I haven't bought anything!!! Can't get it to work. Fuck this broken site.

So it says it's gonna process the order for up to 30 minutes. Is this normal for this site? Do they just email the code after that?

EDIT: Just got it. Thanks OP.

LQX

Ugh, this is the last time I fucking attempt to buy anything from this site as I feel even though they send out codes to some they still are running some sort of con game to get credit card information. This like the third time I have attempted to get in on these deals and each time they flat out cancel my orders. Even with the last deal when there was PayPal option and I used it they still did not honor my order. What the hell is going on? I hate fucking giving a site my credit card and personal information and getting nothing to show for it.

Nice first time doing this. Got my credit. Tempted to open a second accnt for my other credit card

Dunno what to buy! Might hold out for Golf Story

Waiting for the phone verification code...

I've actually bought from this site before (probably years ago), and Chrome auto filled my login details.

vall03

Uh, does credit on eShop expire? Thinking about getting it to fund future purchases, but I have no immediate need to buy a game on Switch and my 3DS account is set to Canada.

Uh, does credit on eShop expire? Thinking about getting it to fund future purchases, but I have no immediate need to buy a game on Switch and my 3DS account is set to Canada.

Underneath my code was printed "Expiration: Does not expire", so you should be good.

poodaddy

If anyone wants to make a buck profit lemme know and Ill pp ya 8 bucks for another one. The e shop library is just too fucking amazing and I need more virtual console titles.

Shiggy

Just in time for Sonic Mania!

Hmmm, no PayPal option it seems. I think I used PayPal last time? Don't like giving my card details to websites if I don't have to...

If you buy Sonic Mania on the Russian eShop, you only pay 11.70 USD. You can quickly change your account region in your Nintendo Account settings, and then switch back right after that.

Arthos

Thanks for the bump! Got a card for Ironcast. Would have used it on Sonic but I picked that one up when it went live.

Love these deals!

If you buy Sonic Mania on the Russian eShop, you only pay 11.70 USD. You can quickly change your account region in your Nintendo Account settings, and then switch back right after that.

That's tempting, and I used to buy from cheaper eShops on 3DS, but haven't done it on Switch yet cause I read that it kinda messes up your news feed and I don't like the sound of that :)

Plus I already spent $14 to get a $20 with this deal, and I'm guessing I can't use that balance on the Russian eShop... So maybe next time.

Mutant

Before it let me finalize the purchase they asked me to verify my phone number, I put it in and... "We are sorry, this phone number has already been used on another account."

What?

Sargon

Eh. $3 savings isn't worth it for me to register and use my credit card on a site that I'm unfamiliar with.

Eh. $3 savings isn't worth it for me to register and use my credit card on a site that I'm unfamiliar with.

they have these often enough that over time the savings add up to a lot. is 40$ for 60$ worth it to you? its the same thing, just split over time.

J4mm1nJ03

My cards keep getting rejected on here, argh. This usually never happens to me. And then you have to wait an hour to try again, to make it all even worse.

Maxinas

About a year and a half ago when i discovered these great deals on psn cards, i always wondered why eshop cards were hardly ever discounted. Looks like the Switch has revitalized Nintendo's digital market, so we're seeing more of these deals.

This deal is back if anyone is interested.

Nice, third time I've got one. Although there's nothing on the eshop that I want to buy right now...

Edit: is it safe if I don't redeem the code for a while (weeks/months)? I've heard of people buying codes from ebay and not redeeming them for a while only to find the keys didn't work when they tried them later.

Nice, third time I've got one. Although there's nothing on the eshop that I want to buy right now...

Edit: is it safe if I don't redeem the code for a while (weeks/months)? I've heard of people buying codes from ebay and not redeeming them for a while only to find the keys didn't work when they tried them later.

Why not redeem and just leave the money in your eshop wallet?

This is my third one, love this deal

AEREC

Why wouldn't you redeem it right away? It will just sit in your shop account balance.

Top Bottom