• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In April (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single goddamn new release. Only Titanic.

Also:

headhunters.jpg

LOL

EDIT: wait, Ill be seeing American Reunion. 1 new film, 1 re-release.

Solo, even you would LOVE the shit out of Cabin in the Woods.

gdt

American Reunion, Cabin, possibly Lockout. The indie-er stuff probably won't come my way, if not I'll check them out when I can.

big ander

I cannot stand Whedon's writing.
That's one reason I don't want to see CABIN.
Okay, but he shared the pen with Goddard, who wrote some of the best episodes of Lost (Shape of Things to Come and freakin' Flashes Before Your Eyes) and has been otherwise mostly untested when it comes to features (Cloverfield is far too maligned).

And what about The Raid, Solo and other people saying "nothing"? Nothing like some good ass-kicking.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Definitely:
Lockout
The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Maybe:
The Raid
Sound of My Voice

Maaaaaaaaaybe:
The Cabin in the Woods (I'm iffy on Whedon, fucking despised Goddard's Cloverfield, but I'm kinda intrigued by the sci-fi elements... most likely a rental)

I've never heard of Bernie, but that looks like the only one I would possibly enjoy. I don't think it's going to be playing here though.

Maybe Pirates if I could convince someone to go with me.

big ander

I figured everyone would be ecstatic for Cabin in the Woods despite Goddard+Whedon, but I guess not everyone has read the insanely positive reactions from just about everyone that's seen it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I figured everyone would be ecstatic for Cabin in the Woods despite Goddard+Whedon, but I guess not everyone has read the insanely positive reactions from just about everyone that's seen it.

I heard those same ecstatic reactions to Cloverfield, or hell to Dr Horrible, the former of which I loathed to my very core, and the latter which I thought was merely okay.

StuBurns

Banned
I am going to see Titanic next week, and I plan to see Cabin in the Woods, although the trailer implies it's garbage. Bernie I'm not sure about, awful cast, but Linklater has done some wonderful films, for all I know this could be one of them.

I cannot stand Whedon's writing.

Yeah, I'm no big fan of the guy and while it clearly sticks out in a few scenes I really think some of the excellent concepts make it more than worth a view.

Also, I think Cloverfield is brilliant so I guess we do disagree there. Style and execution is so different though.

Cheebo

Banned
I heard those same ecstatic reactions to Cloverfield, or hell to Dr Horrible, the former of which I loathed to my very core, and the latter which I thought was merely okay.

100% yes to this. I keep giving these two guys a chance but am burned every time.

big ander

I don't know, I still feel like it's different. Cloverfield was received positively (and I still like it), but it had plenty of bad reactions and I felt like mass opinion on it shifted rather quickly. Right from the beginning people were calling it out for being thin, and it is.
I've seen one bad reaction to Cabin, and that was saying that it's not scary enough. Everything points to it being clever and fresh.

Decado

Pirates!, maybe Cabin in the Woods and Safe.

Lockout is PG-13, so it's only a throwback to the 80's in the most pussified sense :p

An-Det

Definitely seeing Cabin in the Woods, been waiting on that for a while. For some reason I didn't expect it so soon.

Platy

Cabon on the woods will only start showing in theaters here in AUGUST !

.... what to do now ?
I mean .. what are the chances of going spoiler free from such a movie for so much time ? =/

black_13

Banned
nice nod to Lockout! I hope it does well. It looks like an awesome 80's throwback. And Guy Pearce deserves some success.

Cabin trailers look so generic to me but as a Joss Wheden fan, I know the movie will be special.

Eric Hall

Probably just The Sound of My Voice for the month, although Detention looks kind of fun as well. Even with Dane Cook being in it.

Esiquio

Okay, but he shared the pen with Goddard, who wrote some of the best episodes of Lost (Shape of Things to Come and freakin' Flashes Before Your Eyes) and has been otherwise mostly untested when it comes to features (Cloverfield is far too maligned).

And what about The Raid, Solo and other people saying "nothing"? Nothing like some good ass-kicking.

Goddard wrote those episodes? Those were incredible television.

overcast

I doubt I watch anything in theaters. Cabin in the Woods and Pirates are the two I would watch though. Not quite old on Cabin, and I'll wait for Blu on Pirates.

Busty

Banned
Battleship.

We Brits get it (much like one 'gets' shot) on the 11th of April.

Nearly a full month before North America.

..., it's going to be shit but I must experience it so that others need not suffer.

Battleship.

We Brits get it (much like one 'gets' shot) on the 11th of April.

Nearly a full month before North America.

..., it's going to be shit but I must experience it so that others need not suffer.

No no no no. Don't bother. It's going to make enough money for 12-year-olds as is. Don't give them any extra money.

We have all the stupid we need this month with Avengers, but once of those is going to be fun and the other is going to be money thrown at a screen in the most cynical possible fashion.

LakeEarth

I like how the "why you should see it" for Cabin in the Woods is all about how you shouldn't spoil yourself. Meanwhile, the picture seems to be a minor spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom