• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

105k Switches sold in France, best console launch ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Looks like Wii launch numbers were adjusted up. President of Sony Computer Entertainment France Georges Fornay reported PS3 had the highest launch of the 7th gen back in 2007. These were the numbers back then.

PS3: 78,000
Wii: 75,000
360: 49,000

In France? Nope... well at least people that live there says it can be found in the stores.

One thing I have learned. Don't trust the anecdotal stuff. Just wait for the reports. Your head would explode from that launch thread given the wildly differing accounts.

By the end of the month the stock situation should be pretty clear.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
In past gens had to buy a handheld and/or the home console... Switch is the one solution - no brainer if you are interested in the stuff you usually find on Nintendo systems.

It also helps that it launched with one of the best launch titles ever. No brainer.

I'm really impressed with Switch in pretty much every territory so far. It's off to a fantastic start.

For those curious sell through for the numbers we have right now (Japan + UK + France) is 518,000 units. We don't have US numbers yet but it's clear the system is already well over 1 million sell through

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like Wii launch numbers were adjusted up. President of Sony Computer Entertainment France Georges Fornay reported PS3 had the highest launch of the 7th gen back in 2007. These were the numbers back then.

PS3: 78,000
Wii: 75,000
360: 49,000
Reading the news there is some points...

- It was 2006 and not 2007 launch
- It is a distributor report and not consumer sales

So can it be these 75k are sold number and 955 sold-in for Wii???

gtj1092

The definition of sold out is getting pretty loose.

Great launch for switch let's see if it can match Ps4s first month. If the demand is really more than ps4 at launch.

Shredderi

It's the power of critically acclaimed Zelda. Extremely smart move by nintendo by making it a launch title. The hardware itself isn't compelling to me at a price tag of 380e + 95e extra controller + 65e the game itself. Finland here. This is some very premium pricing. I might buy it when I get all of the above at a combined price of 300e. If that never materializes, well, I'll live.

Rodin

Excellent result. Any numbers from Germany?

It's the power of critically acclaimed Zelda. Extremely smart move by nintendo by making it a launch title. The hardware itself isn't compelling to me at a price tag of 380e + 95e extra controller
Woah, where do you live?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
untitledxbsmt.png

I feel like some people are gritting their teeths right now that Nintendo is having a great launch.

Welfare

Reading the news there is some points...

- It was 2006 and not 2007 launch
- It is a distributor report and not consumer sales

So can it be these 75k are sold number and 955 sold-in for Wii???

I know Wii was a 2006 launch. Sony reported those numbers after the PS3 launch, so that data was accurate as of March 2007.

Not sure but I doubt 95K refers to sold in.

Lucifon

Little Mons†er;231634467 said:
Wow at Nintendo owning it

Major rebound from Wii U

It's because people actually know Nintendo are "releasing a new Wii" this time around. A lot of the mass market didn't even know the WiiU existed.

Awesome news for Nintendo. Hope the switch continues to sell well, I've been loving mine. 3 competitors makes things significantly more interesting for everyone.

ethomaz

Banned
I know Wii was a 2006 launch. Sony reported those numbers after the PS3 launch, so that data was accurate as of March 2007.

Not sure but I doubt 95K refers to sold in.
I didn't say you were wrong... the OP says November 2007 :D

The article has the correct date "La filiale française remplit largement son objectif, qui était d'égaler les chiffres de sa Wii, qui s'était vendue à 95.000 exemplaires sur son premier week-end en novembre 2006."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom