• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

105k Switches sold in France, best console launch ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTi

It was the best Nintendo system launch in Italy.

dv3w0KV.png

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Well yeah, competitive pricing and retailer deals help.It would have done a lot better in the UK if it was £250 with Zelda.

£280 (£330 with Zelda) is an hell of a lot to ask when you can get a PS4 Slim, Uncharted 4/Horizon + Wildlands and an extra controller for £230. Or a PS4 Pro + Horizon for £350.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Not in France, I'm living in Paris, you can find switch in my country.

You can always find a system even "sold-out" ones. That doesnt mean they arent sold out though.

85%+ sell-through = sold out in practicality.

dr guildo

I'm not here to downplay the Switch launch, please understand me. I just want to tell you the reality in France.

Interfectum

I'm not here to downplay the Switch launch, please understand me. I just want to tell you the reality in France.

You are telling us the reality in the area of France you are in. There are places in the US that have Switch stock too but it's basically "sold out" nationally.

Shiggy

You are telling us the reality in the area of France you are in. There are places in the US that have Switch stock too but it's basically "sold out" nationally.

How do you know it's sold out in France though considering it's even available online at normal prices, and even Amazon and FNAC promise delivery within this week?

dr guildo

I checked, yesterday there were yet Switches, bu today indeed, it seems to be sold out in physical stores to. I checked my main stores.
My apologies !

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Why are some posters saying these numbers are shipped when Nintendo is talking about launch numbers? That makes no sense when Wii and PS4 launch numbers are 1:1 between shipped and sell through.

All in all, great job to Nintendo. Let's hope this momentum continues.

RulkezX

So 80'000 in the UK is "lol UK hates Nintendo"
But 25k more in France ( a supposed Nintendo heartland) is gangbusters ?

Selling it for 290-299 instead of the stupid 330 of other european countries (cough-spain-cough) that STILL havent changed the price, even when you can go now to any mediamarkt and get it, seems to be helping.

I bought it (and waiting for it) from the canary islands for 290. I think that is a sweet price.

Maybe you need to continue reading to see thats the best console launch and sold more than the Wii, and that is sold out.
And it did pretty well in the UK also for that market.

Why are some posters saying these numbers are shipped when Nintendo is talking about launch numbers? That makes no sense when Wii and PS4 launch numbers are 1:1 between shipped and sell through.

All in all, great job to Nintendo. Let's hope this momentum continues.

It's a nintendo thread

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Good start. Now show us what 2018 has in store at E3!

Even the Jaguar did incredible numbers on launch. xD

Hopefully supplies can meet demand for a sustain period (and same goes for software).

Surprised 105k is the biggest console launch ever. UK PS4 launch was 250k. Bigger market but there's around 65 million popualtion for each.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

UK is a bigger market for consoles (about twice as large; mainland Europe is more into PC gaming). Not really hate from the UK, mind, it was a moderately positive reception, just not as good, comparatively, as France.

notaskwid

Nintendo seems to have done a good job balancing supply and demand for this launch across the globe.
Very surprising after the amiibo and nes mini debacle, they got their shit together.

Lol. Somebody start a reverse chalkboard on when the Switch will fail.

I want to say "omg please" but I'm still not confident enough in its success.

"post-zelda drought"
"mk8d is a port"
"e3 will suck"
"arms will flop"
"splatoon isn't a real sequel."
"odyssey delayed"
"musou is dumb"
"xenoblade too anime now"
"price drop not enough"
"price drop too quick, no ambassador program"

Josman

Happy for Nintendo, Switch being a hybrid will mean a LOT of software support, devs from the 3DS and console devs. I'm optimistic about this trend continuing after the first year.

ethomaz

Banned
That's why it was funny to see all those threads about the UK.
This tweet data is wrong.

PS4 sold 90k in first week... Switch 105k... first month (4 weeks) PS4 did 230k.

Unless you believe PS4 did less than 15k in second week but 125k in the last two weeks of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom