• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080p footage of FFXV tech demo

Dumb question: What's this?

yPEbAnb.png

wmlk

I don't think those white dots/patches are towns. They'd be too small for a full town lol. Since they're meant to be to scale, you can compare them to the lake in the Duscae region.

If this is indeed a version of XV's map (and I don't think it is the full map anyway), these would be the places that I'd name on it. Duscae's lake and terrain roughly matches to what we've seen; Accordo is obvious with the water body surrounding it; and Lucis has that magic barrier over it seen as that darker shaded square.

Some towns are very, very small.

There are a lot of towns like Dali in FFIX across the series. You look at Accordo, and it's insanely big from what we've seen in the E3 2013 trailer, and you can barely make out some of the architecture for it.

You have 5 large city-states, and then a bunch of smaller ones like Dali. That makes sense to me, and that's what I'm seeing in the World Map.

I think this is how it'll be in the game, but obviously it's missing some of the content in it (even things like vegetation). It would make absolute sense to have the World Map completed before anything since it sets the overall scope of the world, especially in an open world game where this is the main ambition of the project. Those cut-offs at the end I think are boundaries.

Dumb question: What's this?

Maybe a water tower.

Yeah, I thought so too. I don't think I've ever seen a water tower in the middle of nowhere before, so I decided to ask =P

Maybe it was this place:

tvmS7e5.png

It matches the location a bit.

Exentryk

Some towns are very, very small.

There are a lot of towns like Dali in FFIX across the series. You look at Accordo, and it's insanely big from what we've seen in the E3 2013 trailer, and you can barely make out some of the architecture for it.

You have 5 large city-states, and then a bunch of smaller ones like Dali. That makes sense to me, and that's what I'm seeing in the World Map.

Dali was such an awesome town. Very relaxing. They still look a bit too small to me, but I definitely wouldn't mind see them. Let's see what we get.

wmlk

Dali was such an awesome town. Very relaxing. They still look a bit too small to me, but I definitely wouldn't mind see them. Let's see what we get.

Dali would be awesome, but it's also a test for Shimomura since I don't think she's ever composed a track like Uematsu had for a place like Dali.

If we get music like this in the game, complimented by a nice town, I don't think I'll ever need to play another video game ever again.

I'm very excited if the bottom-right area in your picture is indeed Lucis. If you look at it again, not only is the area massive, but nearly all of it is at a very tall height. It might not be a magical barrier, but rather a physical one like we see from Midgar.

FFVII%20-%20Leaving%20Midgar-620x.jpg

This would suggest a massive city of absolutely epic proportions, far surpassing Midgar.

Time to lower expectations, lol.

Exentryk

^ Good pick up on that area being elevated.

Also yeah, best not to hype too much from speculation haha. It could be all wrong XD

Dali would be awesome, but it's also a test for Shimomura since I don't think she's ever composed a track like Uematsu had for a place like Dali.

If we get music like this in the game, complimented by a nice town, I don't think I'll ever need to play another video game ever again.

I'm very excited if the bottom-right area in your picture is indeed Lucis. If you look at it again, not only is the area massive, but nearly all of it is at a very tall height. It might not be a magical barrier, but rather a physical one like we see from Midgar.

This would suggest a massive city of absolutely epic proportions, far surpassing Midgar.

Time to lower expectations, lol.

But if that area is Lucis what is the fifth big town ?

1.Accordo
2.Tenebrea
3.Solheim
4.Nilfheim
5.????

Damm cant wait to see how the other Cities look like...

Solheim a desert city with caravans, big Worms and sandstorms

Does the name Tenebrea or Nilfheim somehow have a connection to Snow or Ice? I would love to see a Snow Town

thuway

Square Enix released the 1080p source file of the tech demo to press. You can download it here (right click, save as | 530.1 mb).

DL and take your high-quality screen caps:

Gameplay demo hasn't been released for download (yet?), unfortunately.

The file is down. Can you upload it to MEGA?

I know they've gotta have more songs completed by this point... was kind of dumb to use something so short.
A certain gaffer (who mixed the trailer music for the VGO) said he knows for a fact that more music has been finished and he is perplexed as to why they haven't played any for the public yet.

wmlk

Thanks salromano.
DIfference is minimal and I was pretty disappointed by that. I'll add it to the OP regardless.

Famassu

A certain gaffer (who mixed the trailer music for the VGO) said he knows for a fact that more music has been finished and he is perplexed as to why they haven't played any for the public yet.
Square Enix doesn't have a habit of using dozens of different songs for trailers. They usually have 3-4 songs that they recycle in trailers. One is usually the main theme, one is the vocal theme song like Kiss Me Goodbye or Suteki Da Ne or Simple & Clean and they might have a couple of the more dramatic/bombastic big themes from the games, but that's usually it. That said, if they continue showing the gameplay/exploration like this, I anticipate we'll hear a few more songs prior to release (at least one or two city themes and maybe some smaller village theme when they show those). But yeah, usually they don't reveal too much of the music prior to release, at least in trailers/gameplay vids.

Walkthrough source file was finally released by Square Enix PR. Download link below:

https://mega.co.nz/#!XQZ2mTgS!_gBBsBqYLTBjL7xTB6wQX8zbFvFA5NkPde7lc9YCF5M (1.74 GB)

Thanks for that, I was having problems downloading from other places. Mega should go with no problems.

Either way, rewatching it for the hundredth time, the cats don't look like they are moving at all. Maybe since they deactivated the events the animals are just standing there (and they are part of a cutscene or something in the game itself?).

Oh man, waiting for Jump Festa is going to be tough.

Go_Ly_Dow

The engine certainly has balls anyway I'll give it that, hopefully the end product looks as good and it isn't for PR sake

Given the sub-HD resolution it seems as the smoke and mirrors is at an absolute minimal

i hope they do everything they can to hit 1080p without compromising on other areas of the IQ

I'm sure they will give it their all.

SPAW

Given the sub-HD resolution it seems as the smoke and mirrors is at an absolute minimal

i hope they do everything they can to hit 1080p without compromising on other areas of the IQ

I'm sure they will give it their all.

"BELIEVE!"

It IS a Catoblepas. With this highest quality video, I could clearly see one single eye on their face. I still like how, while some of the enemies are obviously taken from classical designs, this one is inspired by the classic design, but also puts a unique spin. Having a good mix of classic enemies, new versions of classic enemies and new enemies gives the game a good mix of variety.

Dark_castle

I really hope that we can use Noctis's warp/free-run to climb onto these large beast and fight them Dragon's Dogma style. That would be amazing.

CND

Neo Member
The hair looks amazing, but the lack of AF continues to be a bit of a downer.

Especially when you are used to PC gaming, the abrupt change in texture quality just a few feet in front of your character is hard to not obsess over.

All in all, I am definitely jealous and hope I get to play it with KB&M at some point!

I really hope that we can use Noctis's warp/free-run to climb onto these large beast and fight them Dragon's Dogma style. That would be amazing.

We don't know if it's Dragon's Dogma style (probably not), but stuff like climbing on the Behemoth's horn to attack his back is totally possible.

To me they seem like some kind of timed dodge or parry, not really a free-run kind of thing.

I'm honestly curious to see how the fight against that Adamantoise will be like.

Top Bottom