• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Films to See in August (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Tom at the Farm has been out for a while. Like on blu ray and everything.

I just bought Listen Up Philip, just to see more of Jason Schwartzman (sp?). Good to hear the follow up doesn't disappoint.

Was not expecting The Gift to get great reviews, even if weepy Jason Bateman looks good. Might make a twofer of it and Diary of a Teenage Girl on the weekend. Good to have both being simultaneous UK/USA releases.

Nah Baumbach seems to be on fire recently and I've yet to hop on board. I loved Squid and the Whale, Kicking and Screaming, and hated Greenberg. I bought While We're Young recently so need to see that and Frances Ha. The trailer for Mistress America looked good in the cinema but it didn't seem "eminently quotable" as Indie wire put it just from that.

It's not coming out in NYC? Because thats local for me.

I said cineplexes, pretty sure it won't be playing in those. New York does get everything though, don't they? And here my girlfriend is griping about The End of the Tour not playing in San Francisco on its opening weekend. Shouldn't indies playing in LA and NY just go ahead and open that same week in SF and Chicago as well? Why the second-class citizenship?

Wait, Tom at the Farm has been out for a while. Like on blu ray and everything.

I just bought Listen Up Philip, just to see more of Jason Schwartzman (sp?). Good to hear the follow up doesn't disappoint.

Was not expecting The Gift to get great reviews, even if weepy Jason Bateman looks good. Might make a twofer of it and Diary of a Teenage Girl on the weekend. Good to have both being simultaneous UK/USA releases.

Nah Baumbach seems to be on fire recently and I've yet to hop on board. I loved Squid and the Whale, Kicking and Screaming, and hated Greenberg. I bought While We're Young recently so need to see that and Frances Ha. The trailer for Mistress America looked good in the cinema but it didn't seem "eminently quotable" as Indie wire put it just from that.

I always go by U.S. releases, and Tom at the Farm never got distribution here, but Amplify just picked it up.

Also, Mistress America is easily the funniest film Baumbach has made, although I might like Squid and Greenberg a bit better on the whole.

SpaceHorror

Never heard of Queen of Earth before this thread, but I'm definitely interested.

Shame I never get to see limited releases around here before VOD/blu ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom