• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Heroes Black Panther has Bested

Doesn't every comic character pretty much beat up every other comic character at one point or another? It's all up to the writer.

Platy

In Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, they had Black Panther's death off screen. Because it's easier to explain how Frank kills Hulk, Doctor Doom, and Wolverine.

In The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats the Marvel Universe it is mentioned she used Iron Man blasts to beat Black Panther

Beat. Not Kill.

At what point did Comic Book Resources and Newsarama swap staffers? Was it a mutual decision, or some sort of hostile takeover on CBR's part, like "we're taking your list makers and that's that"?

Kyne

I love the moments where Spidey's villains know it's him because they hear a joke.

The goat.

f26823f5eb59564dec40908f71b9b693--man-purse-green-goblin.jpg

He clowned the Fantastic Four in his very first appearance. Start there.

Fantastic Four #52, 1966.
Didn't he try by separating them and praying on each weakness, but ultimately lost because after fighting and trapping one the others just released them and they beat his ass together?

He also used the Wakandan army?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
He didn't beat the Sentry, not that anyone would remember anyways.

Is it because Paul Jenkins had the Sentry mind-wipe us? I love the Sentry, a potentially great character wasted on poor writers

To be honest this is kind of why I don't really like Black Panther. Whilst all the 'Prep-time Batgod' stuff sucks, there's at least that underlying suggestion that he's not actually helping anything, as Gotham remains a desolate shithole and is now worse, if anything, with all the super crime going on.

Black Panther on the other hand is portrayed as the flawless king of the most technologically advanced utopia on Earth. It's a little much.

One of the reasons I stopped reading Christopher Priest's run is that Black Panther is portrayed as almost outright prescient. There's not much tension or drama when your hero always has the solution to the problem in his back pocket.

On the other hand, Batman is shown being bested by his foes pretty often.

The Kree

Banned
Didn't he try by separating them and praying on each weakness, but ultimately lost because after fighting and trapping one the others just released them and they beat his ass together?

He also used the Wakandan army?

No, he separated and trapped all four, then Wyatt Wingfoot set Johnny free, who then freed the others. They never actually laid a hand on him aside from Sue using a force field to slow him down.

SOLDIER

"He used a device..."
" using special weapons ..."
"he used a special armhold ..."

I just remembered why I dont read comics.

And don't forget when the next writer is added to the rotation and goes "Nah, see here's what really happened...."

It's becoming more and more evident that comics are basically an infinite circle-jerk.

No one knows.

Fun fact the ghosts of his parents came back and told Bruce they was disappointed in him, they felt like he wasted his life. They wanted him to be happy

of course

oh sure you've seen and done the incredible, saved countless lives.

but you aint smiling so you've wasted your life son

Slayven

Never even read that run and I love that moment. Those four panels are perfect

Spiderman has made the wrecking great break down before. It was hilarious because they were in the middle of leveling London, and they were just talking about the times they fought him.

Christopher Priest's Black Panther vs Christopher Priest's Deathstroke. Now there's a fight I'd like to see. Considering how he dealt with both Batman and Superman recently, I might give it to that bastard Slade. Too bad DC and Marvel don't do crossovers anymore.

Top Bottom