• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Q84 - Haruki Murakami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tengo and Aomame redeemed:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblo...mmentKey:f61a54cd-4f27-4e9e-b2a2-920b955d4045

Astronomers say Earth may have two moons right now

We are not alone, Earthlings. At least, our moon most likely isn’t alone.

Astronomers say the Earth probably has two moons right now, and that’s not at all unusual. The first one is the big glowing object you see in the sky at night. The second? That would be a small asteroid.

It’s not uncommon for man-made objects, otherwise known as space junk, to fall into the Earth’s gravitational pull and orbit close to the planet’s atmosphere. But over the last few years, scientists have started documenting small asteroids that fall into moon-like orbits for a brief period of time.

“At any given time, there should be at least one natural Earth satellite of 1-meter diameter orbiting the Earth,” said Mikael Granvik of the University of Hawaii in Honolulu.

Atenhaus

So, I received this book for Christmas, and I am absolutely enthralled with it. I haven't been able to put this book down for the past four hours. I am now a fan of Haruki Murakami's work.

Really LTTP, and no one will ever read this, but I was
looking forward to a showdown between Tengo/Aomame and the cult/Little People but it never came. The last 400 pages or so just sort of petered out, with nothing much happening. Plus, at the end, it seemed like Fuki-Eri was being used by the Little People to make Aomame pregnant with Tenog's kid in order to create a new dohta. But how could Fuka-Eri be controlled by the little people? She's supposed to be part of the force that fights against them and balances them out. And the cult seems to know that Aomame is pregnant with a possible dohta, but how could they possibly know that when they no longer have anyone who can hear the voice? I don't know. A pretty dissatisfying ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom