• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

This thread pushed me to finally order a Wii U. I'm hoping it gets delivered this week (ordered Saturday night, still says "submitted" on Nintendo's website). It sounds like some people got it quickly and others had to wait quite a while.

Until then, Mario Kart 8 is just sitting on the shelf, teasing me.
mine probably still says that. Got it weeks ago. Signup for UPS My Choice and you can see when it is due to you. Pretty sweet. I now use it to see most of my incoming packages, especially amazon. Hell it emails me if it gets delivered.

Crumbtiny

mine probably still says that. Got it weeks ago. Signup for UPS My Choice and you can see when it is due to you. Pretty sweet. I now use it to see most of my incoming packages, especially amazon. Hell it emails me if it gets delivered.

done and done. i guess i need to wait for Nintendo to send me a tracking number first hm?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Are they still available?
In what conditions are the Wii U's that people have bought, generally?
90% or more have been mint and seemingly untouched. The rest have simply had minor scuffing on the console; I haven't heard anything about scratched gamepad screens or anything like that. I've only heard about one or two DOA units out of hundreds, too.

done and done. i guess i need to wait for Nintendo to send me a tracking number first hm?
You'll most likely get a notification from UPS before anything from Nintendo (I never got any order update at all). MyChoice monitors your address for deliveries from any source; you don't need to plug in any tracking numbers.

IndustryX

Welp, just bought one of these bad boys, and went and traded 6 games I'll never play again then picked up MK8, SM3DW, and a pro controller for $80 after trades.

fcrJ8WA.jpg

$280 seems pretty decent to me. Can't wait for Smash Bros and Zelda :) Any other game recommends?

My very first Nintendo Home Console since my first home console (N64) Pretty excited!!

potam

Banned
Welp, bit the bullet and bought a new (refurb) Wii U. Now I can finally play MK8, SM3DW, and WW HD. Hopefully I get it before the weekend!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
One question, I know the Wii U is refurbished but does it come with the actual Wii u box?
There are lots and lots of pics posted in this thread. Yes, it's pretty large at this point and it's hard to expect people to search through the whole thing, but at least look at the first page! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116026238&postcount=26

Non-bitchy answer: it comes in what is essentially a "refurbished edition" box. Everything about the manuals, packaging, etc. is like opening a new console.

Crumbtiny

Maybe I've just had too many beers or maybe I just have that new console hype. But I'm stupid excited about the Wii U and Nintendo. I didn't do much with the Wii, haven't cared for recent New Super Mario games.

But now seems like a great time for long time Nintendo fans to get on board. I mean right now I'm looking at a new Mario Kart game, a new 3D Mario, an amazing Donkey Kong game, and Smash Bros. Those series are some of the highlights of my gaming youth and these latest iterations are receiving such high praise.

I'm even excited about Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade X, and finally getting to play Earthbound. The system definitely has its issues (which of them doesn't) but I'm ecstatic about the quality titles they still manage to produce. Nostalgia might be what keeps the big N going, but part of me is happy to still be able to support the company that made me love gaming in the first place.

TL;DR: Hurry up and get here Wii U! Lots of great gaming to get down on!

RedEther

Maybe I've just had too many beers or maybe I just have that new console hype. But I'm stupid excited about the Wii U and Nintendo. I didn't do much with the Wii, haven't cared for recent New Super Mario games.

But now seems like a great time for long time Nintendo fans to get on board. I mean right now I'm looking at a new Mario Kart game, a new 3D Mario, an amazing Donkey Kong game, and Smash Bros. Those series are some of the highlights of my gaming youth and these latest iterations are receiving such high praise.

I'm even excited about Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade X, and finally getting to play Earthbound. The system definitely has its issues (which of them doesn't) but I'm ecstatic about the quality titles they still manage to produce. Nostalgia might be what keeps the big N going, but part of me is happy to still be able to support the company that made me love gaming in the first place.

TL;DR: Hurry up and get here Wii U! Lots of great gaming to get down on!

Once I order mine Thursday I imagine I'll be feeling that same hype.

-james-

This thread pushed me to order one last Monday. Just got it today and I'm waiting for it to update so I can get in on some of that Mario Kart 8 goodness. Mine looks like new, not a scratch or any dirt/dust/fingerprints on it. Also registered it and it is eligible for 160 coins. It doesn't come with the gamepad charging dock (knew that ahead of time), but I picked up the nintendo one on amazon for $6. This is a great deal, anyone on the fence about buying a refurb I say go for it.

IndustryX

So kinda getting pissed.. Placed my order on tuesday, chose expedited shipping for an extra $10 and it's telling me I won't get it until monday, seems like I got ripped off for $10.

RedEther

This thread pushed me to order one last Monday. Just got it today and I'm waiting for it to update so I can get in on some of that Mario Kart 8 goodness. Mine looks like new, not a scratch or any dirt/dust/fingerprints on it. Also registered it and it is eligible for 160 coins. It doesn't come with the gamepad charging dock (knew that ahead of time), but I picked up the nintendo one on amazon for $6. This is a great deal, anyone on the fence about buying a refurb I say go for it.

I got mine last Monday and my refurb is pretty much spotless. Now the wait for Hyrule Warriors/Smash Bros begins.

todd360

I'm going to get one of these so cheap if there is a price drop by the time Zelda comes out lol. The refurbished price at that point would be a steal I imagine.

Just ordered mines yesterday and Hopefully it doesn't take more than 2 weeks to get here. How long did it take to get your Wii u if you took the standard shipping option?

JDSN

Banned
Really happy with this, console is brand new, that new electronic smell, surprised that after getting a free game thanks to the Mario kart promo, a second downloable I got for cheap, ZombiU for $13 on Amazon, on top of that I got $10 in eshop credit and a bunch of coins that I can trade for awards. Really one of the best console purchases I have done.

I wish I knew how long this offer would last. My birthday is in the middle of October and I plan on asking my wife/parents if they want go to in on this together for my gift, but I'm so afraid that it won't be available by then. Ugh, decisions!

Stormus

I wish I knew how long this offer would last. My birthday is in the middle of October and I plan on asking my wife/parents if they want go to in on this together for my gift, but I'm so afraid that it won't be available by then. Ugh, decisions!

I would act sooner, rather than later. I know people who buy stuff in the spring when it is on sale as Christmas gifts for others.

I just bought one right now! With 2 day shipping. Can I assume that I won't get it till Tuesday (because labor day) or can I hope for Saturday?

Edit: Seems like for some people they take a while to ship it. Prob won't be playing on this long weekend. Hopefully won't have to wait too long :(

-james-

I just bought one right now! With 2 day shipping. Can I assume that I won't get it till Tuesday (because labor day) or can I hope for Saturday?

Edit: Seems like for some people they take a while to ship it. Prob won't be playing on this long weekend. Hopefully won't have to wait too long :(

I went with the standard shipping. Mine shipped out from nintendo the day after I ordered it, but UPS was slow and had a delayed truck that made it take a week to get here.

vatstep

UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays (aside from extreme circumstances). You'll get it Tuesday at the earliest, but probably Wednesday.

SRTtoZ

Ok so if I was to purchase one of these tonight, are there any promotions that I need to be aware of? The games I want are DK, WWHD, Mario (all of em) and Pikmin.

Jeels

Hey GAF,

How long does it take to format a USB hard drive for the Wii U? It's been at "Checking USB Storage Device" for about 10 minutes now.

Edit: Seems like I need a Y cable..only two bucks on Amazon but that's another week of waiting. *sigh* Nintendo...

Koyuga

Ordered one of these this morning, however when I check the shipping status its still "Submitted"...
Hope everything is okay.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with refurbished Nintendo platforms? My Zelda XL is practically brand new from a cosmetic standpoint, as is friend's OG 3DS, so I imagine their refurbished Wii Us are of the same quality.

That's an amazing price. Anyone on the fence should absolutely go for it. I bought a Deluxe Wii U at launch for full price and, while it got off to a slow start, ultimately I haven't regretted it one bit. These days I play it far more than any other console I own except for maybe PS3, which gets roughly comparable playtime.

It's really matured into a wonderful console.

Rex Colt

Neo Member
I bit the bullet and ordered a refurbished deluxe this morning. I have never bought a refurbished console so I am a little nervous.

Anyways, any must have accessories I should buy other than the pro controller?

Exile20

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with refurbished Nintendo platforms? My Zelda XL is practically brand new from a cosmetic standpoint, as is friend's OG 3DS, so I imagine their refurbished Wii Us are of the same quality.

I bit the bullet and ordered a refurbished deluxe this morning. I have never bought a refurbished console so I am a little nervous.

Anyways, any must have accessories I should buy other than the pro controller?

People seem to be happy with their purchases. The consoles look brand new.

For other accessories, it depends. I have the Nyko UBoost and if you are a pc gamer, Mayflash usb to pro controller

I can't think of anything else.

jblank83

Forget the Wii bias. It's a good console. Nothing more needs to be said.

Capra

The day I decide to bite the bullet... and it's sold out. :lol

Anybody know how often they restock these things?

You're kidding me...

I hope they restock soon. Was planning on asking for one for my birthday this month in anticipation of Bayonetta.

vatstep

The day I decide to bite the bullet... and it's sold out. :lol

Anybody know how often they restock these things?
I can't recall them ever being sold out since this thread has existed. There was one afternoon about a week after E3 where they were backordered, but the orders were still going through. So... I don't know.

Oh wow, if these stay out of stock I'm going to be super bummed out. My birthday is in the middle of October and was going to ask to see if my wife and parents wanted to go in on this together for my gift. I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting me one of the regular bundles for $300, but I would've been totally fine with the refurb and it would've saved them some money.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get a new stock.

Wow, that sucks they're out of stock. I just received mine yesterday. Got a Pikmin 3 download code from a friend and ordered DKC Tropical Freeze from Amazon. Though I won't be able to play it until after next week when I take my summer session finals.

Top Bottom