• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

Ive been out of the loop, but is there still a free game promotion going on?
You can purchase codes that haven't been redeemed yet, the last day to do so is September 30th. The Mario Kart promotion is over though.

I was able to get a WWHD code for $30 XBL credit the other day, and I think someone in the B/S/T thread has a Pikmin 3 code. You're going to need to shop about!

ramuh

Hmm. Thinking about pulling the trigger. I didn't like the gamepad, is the Wii U Pro Controller any good?

Hmm. Thinking about pulling the trigger. I didn't like the gamepad, is the Wii U Pro Controller any good?

I use it for PC and Wii U, it's my favorite controller (tied with or just ahead of Xbone).

The battery life is sublime, only bad part is that the triggers aren't great. But they're better than the shit PS3 ones, although they are not analog triggers.

this is such a great deal, but I went through consumer hell with mine, ordered 5/31, finally got a refund on 8/30

theres a lot of story in the middle I dont feel like typing, ended up with a brand new wii u from game stop back in june

Rex Colt

Neo Member
Only took six days to get here and this thing looks absolutely brand new.

Sorry for the low quality cell phone pic of the gamepad but here it is anyway...

20140910_190001_zps264ad39f.jpg

nyprimus2

Is there a consensus on the $20 third party pro controllers on ebay? They look nearly identical to the first party controllers and I can get three of them for almost the price of one official controller. I'm wary of a "you get what you pay for" situation but I figured this was a good place to ask if anyone has experience and could tell me any differences big or small.

The day I decide to bite the bullet... and it's sold out. :lol

Anybody know how often they restock these things?
aaaaaaaaaaand order placed. Officially a member of Wii U GAF! Just wanted to let everyone know that they are in stock at the time of this post. And that 2-day shipping is just 10 bucks

Very excited for this thing. Here's hoping I'm one of the folks that land a "brand new looking" system.

JDSN

Banned
Is there a consensus on the $20 third party pro controllers on ebay? They look nearly identical to the first party controllers and I can get three of them for almost the price of one official controller. I'm wary of a "you get what you pay for" situation but I figured this was a good place to ask if anyone has experience and could tell me any differences big or small.

Third party sucks. People have praised the refurb controllers.

aaaaaaaaaaand order placed. Officially a member of Wii U GAF! Just wanted to let everyone know that they are in stock at the time of this post. And that 2-day shipping is just 10 bucks

Very excited for this thing. Here's hoping I'm one of the folks that land a "brand new looking" system.

Dont forget to visit this site: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828343

Thanks for this.

Also, my Wii U came in yesterday, and the thing looks brand new. Everything from the console and gamepad itself, to the packaging, to the copy of NintendoLand is pristine - almost certain this was simply unsold new stock. So, folks hesitant about the "refurbished" bit, jump in. Chances are you will be very happy with the purchase. I know I am.

Miker

People who have bought this model - how long did normal ($5) shipping take? I'm visiting my gf in Dallas next Friday, and I want to know if it'll get there by then if I order it now.

SmokeMaxX

For those who bought a $200 refurbed WiiU (and all the other owners):
Best Buy has the following WiiU Games on sale for $7.99 for today (9/18) only:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
ZombiU
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

For the first time ever, I bought games for a system that I do not yet own. Placed an order for ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden from the Best Buy deal going on today. I plan on picking up a Wii U soon. Either the refurb or maybe a MK8 or 3D World bundle.

I figured I couldn't go wrong with $8 a pop for those titles.

I'm doing my damnedest to hold out for a better deal, since I'm thinking that some of the bundles for sale right now are only ~$30 more than the refurbs given the games that come with them (like the NSMB + Luigi U one). It's hard, though...

Are these still in stock? How amazing of a deal is this? I think I'm finally going to bite.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

Amazing deal, absolutely love my Wii U. Both the console and Nintendoland were unregistered for me so I got coins for each. You're enrolled in the Digital Deluxe Promotion too.

Console looks brand new and includes everything except the vertical stands and gamepad charging cradles.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AFLXTS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$6 on Amazon, total cost is less than $250 for everything including a higher tiered shipping.

Moofers

Actually the PDP Afterglow Pro controllers are pretty good! I have been using one with Mario Kart and it's been great to have. I see them all the time for $30 or so, but Fred Meyer in my area had them for $20 on clearance.

I have Afterglows for my PS3 and 360 as well. Something about the PS3 version feels slightly less nice than the Wii U and 360 pads, but I can't put my finger on it. The U/360 pads feel very solid though.

I hosted a room at a gaming convention a couple years back and we used Afterglows for every station and PDP was kind enough to send them to us for free and let us give them away for contests and things. They are a really nice company to work with and I think their products are solid. Give em a try sometime.

Mariolee

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

Amazing deal, absolutely love my Wii U. Both the console and Nintendoland were unregistered for me so I got coins for each. You're enrolled in the Digital Deluxe Promotion too.

Console looks brand new and includes everything except the vertical stands and gamepad charging cradles.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AFLXTS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$6 on Amazon, total cost is less than $250 for everything including a higher tiered shipping.

Wait, no charging cradle? So how do you charge the gamepad, or does it run on regular AA batteries?
Also are there any reports of the Wii U units from here failing more than the retail units? I know there's a warranty, but still.

Also when does the Deluxe Promotion end??

Wait, no charging cradle? So how do you charge the gamepad, or does it run on regular AA batteries?
Also are there any reports of the Wii U units from here failing more than the retail units? I know there's a warranty, but still.

Also when does the Deluxe Promotion end??

Lol thank god no

It has a charging cable. The cradle is just something you can plug the cable into instead of directy into the gamepad.

Mariolee

Lol thank god no

It has a charging cable. The cradle is just something you can plug the cable into instead of directy into the gamepad.

Ah I see.
I'm still not really sold on the Deluxe Digital Promotion yet. It sounds like an OK deal with you getting 10% back, but I'm hesitant on buying big games digital only.

ozfunghi

Ah I see.
I'm still not really sold on the Deluxe Digital Promotion yet. It sounds like an OK deal with you getting 10% back, but I'm hesitant on buying big games digital only.

The normal deluxe bundle comes with the charging cradle, but the refurb does not. You need to plug the cord directly into the gamepad. Just like with the basic bundle. But you can buy it cheap nowadays on amazon etc. It's very much worth it.

As for the digital promotion, i can say it's honestly not worth it for retail games, since most can be picked up a lot cheaper in retail than in the e-shop. And you really need to buy a lot of indie games before it gets interesting. I mean, most indie/VC games are between 5 and 10 bucks. That means you can buy about 8 games for 50 bucks, before you get 5 dollars worth in credits. It's "nice" but not a real incentive.

Ah I see.

The DDP works for VC as well, I've also gotten about $20 back from registering cheap Mario Kart 8 download vouchers that people were selling or trading.

I have only bought one download retail title with my own cash (SM3DW) but will probably also get Smash and Bayonetta 2 downloadable as well since I'm buying both day one and never selling them anyway.

emrober5

I was really considering this before I got my wii u a few months ago, but they were sold out.

Thankfully, while browsing around I found a new mario bros bundle for $250 on ebay with free shipping. Which I think is a better deal.

The deals are out there people, be patient!

Vitor711

So, mine arrived yesterday. Spent the evening playing Mario Kart and 3D world and everything ran fine.

Got home today and the console refused to eject the disc. Said that the disc was unreadable. Had to do a hard reset and unplug the power cord before it ejected. Then it crashed at the end of a Mario Kart Grand Prix due to a disc error.

It's been fine since, but that's worrying. Will use it for a few days more before I sent it back to Nintendo, in case everything's fine...

Unit looks brand now, but that was all somewhat disconcerting. Wish I'd bought all my games digitally, at least the drive wouldn't be an issue then...

Just got mine. Fucking pristine. Not a scratch.

Currently running the system update, then adding my Nintendo ID and praying to God that the free game code I got from Mario Kart 8 still works, even though it was set to expire on the 1st. It's still in my Club Nintendo rewards, so here's hoping. If not, I'll just call Nintendo and complain.

EDIT: As I feared, the code didn't work. I contacted Nintendo and the very helpful rep said he would contact the Club Nintendo team to either reactivate or give me a new code. I'm hoping that since my situation is a little odd they will help me out, although I will admit they have no reason to...not like I can return the console anyway.

EDIT 2: Nintendo came through! They're giving me $50 in credit so I can download the game. God I love this company.

SlickVic

Welp, finally caved and picked up one of these up along with the refurbished wii remote and nunchuck for another $25. Got a copy of Super Mario Galaxy coming in the mail. I think for the time being I'm just going to be using the system to catch up on all the Wii games I missed, while I wait for deals on Wii U games.

Just got mine. Fucking pristine. Not a scratch.

Currently running the system update, then adding my Nintendo ID and praying to God that the free game code I got from Mario Kart 8 still works, even though it was set to expire on the 1st. It's still in my Club Nintendo rewards, so here's hoping. If not, I'll just call Nintendo and complain.

EDIT: As I feared, the code didn't work. I contacted Nintendo and the very helpful rep said he would contact the Club Nintendo team to either reactivate or give me a new code. I'm hoping that since my situation is a little odd they will help me out, although I will admit they have no reason to...not like I can return the console anyway.

EDIT 2: Nintendo came through! They're giving me $50 in credit so I can download the game. God I love this company.
Nice!

Top Bottom