• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Offseason |OT3| WE WANT HUMPHRIES/HUMPHRIES SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/11/25/labor-friday.ap/index.html

The sides reached a tentative agreement early Saturday to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season with a marquee tripleheader Dec. 25. Most of a season that seemed in jeopardy of being lost entirely will be salvaged if both sides approve the handshake deal.

Barring a change in scheduling, the 2011-12 season will open with the Boston Celtics at New York Knicks, followed by Miami at Dallas in an NBA finals rematch before MVP Derrick Rose and Chicago visiting Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

How this abbreviated season will go:

2011-12 NBA Schedule Breakdown

Regular Season Start Date: December 25, 2011

Regular Season End Date: April 26, 2012

Playoffs Start Date: April 28, 2012

Last Possible Finals Date: June 26, 2012

oh please god no:

Smith still seeking trade from Hawks

Josh Smith hasn’t changed his mind on a future with his hometown Atlanta Hawks: He believes he’s probably run his course with Atlanta. Without an owner committed to making the changes to push this team past its second-round Eastern Conference ceiling, sources said he’d still welcome the team putting him into a trade.

Rival executives say GM Rick Sund has told them everyone is available for deals, although Sund’s most reluctant to move Al Horford. There had been serious discussions between Atlanta and the Minnesota Timberwolves for Smith around the NBA draft, but they never materialized.

Shoutout to the NBA for ending the lockout just in time for us to get 3 straight months of Chris Paul and Dwight Howard Rumors.

giga

Smith still seeking trade from Hawks
kid_praise_god.jpg

Dwight/DWill future. I lol'd hard re-reading the thread yesterday when someone said the Nets with both guys is a 40-win team in the east. The Pacers were damn near a 40 win team in the East.

Rodeo Clown

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33606582
Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, who last appeared in an NBA game on Dec. 5, 2009, will not be ready for the start of the 2011-2012 NBA regular season.

Portland Trail Blazers president Larry Miller made the news official while continuing to express full support for the oft-injured center during a meeting with reporters at the Rose Garden on Wednesday. Miller made it sound like Oden's return to Portland is a foregone conclusion despite the fact that he is a restricted free agent.

"Greg is a part of our Plan A," Miller said.

Back in October, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft informed fans on Facebook that he had begun running, but The Oregonian recently reported that Oden has not yet been cleared for basketball activities during his current rehabilitation from knee surgery.

Last summer, Bill Duffy, Oden's agent, said that they were targeting a potential return in January. Miller said that's still the plan.

"He won't be ready for the start of the season but we're hoping by January that he's able to play," Miller said.

NomarTyme

Oden is never ready.

It'll be crazy if the Celtics can land Chris Paul. Definitely worth trading for a overrated Rondo.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh good lord. I thought we broke rules in the other thread, didn't realize we had a new one lol.

I thought we did too. Its okay though, I promise to uphold the sanctity of the new thread.

Because all I want is for the Wolves to be allowed to be embarrassed in private. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah but what if the nation sees how terrible they are run from the upper management and ownership and starts to feel bad which completely exposes the organization and forces a change?

Boom you win

I can't wait to see the dysfunction Scrubio, Dreck, Love, Dorko, and Smiles will manage to create.

At least the Pups don't have Flynn anymore.

Please don't be as good as I'm afraid they may be (lower lotto team). :(

PS. That band, Rodeo, they aite.

Rodeo Clown

I can't wait to see the dysfunction Scrubio, Dreck, Love, Dorko, and Smiles will manage to create.

At least the Pups don't have Flynn anymore.

Please don't be as good as I'm afraid they may be (lower lotto team). :(

PS. That band, Rodeo, they aite.

Jokes on you, buddy. Any lineup with Rubio, Williams, and Love is the most functional the team has been in years.

Cipherr

I heard Chandler has already decided not to stay with the Mavs. Kind of mindblowing to me, do they just not have the cap space?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hopefully we don't shit this thread up

KingGondo

Banned
I heard Chandler has already decided not to stay with the Mavs. Kind of mindblowing to me, do they just not have the cap space?

He just said he's not giving the Mavs a hometown discount.

He'll be a near-max player in this market, IMO... Even with his injury history.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
He just said he's not giving the Mavs a hometown discount.

He'll be a near-max player in this market, IMO... Even with his injury history.

The most I'd give TC is 3 years, 33 million. Anything higher would be ludicrous.

Tom Thibodeau said:
"Carlos was much better defensively than he was given credit for."

What a great politician.

KingGondo

Banned
The most I'd give TC is 3 years, 33 million. Anything higher would be ludicrous.
Too bad you're not an NBA GM. He'll absolutely get more than that.

Watching these teams blow their payrolls again after complaining so much about overpaid players will be hilarious.

Rodeo Clown

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...YF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_free_agency_113011
Caron Butler, one of the most pursued small forwards in this year’s free-agent class, privately considers the Los Angeles Clippers and Chicago Bulls as his two most preferred destinations, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Butler is most attracted to the Bulls because of the chance to play with Derrick Rose and compete for a title, but he would have to take significantly less money to play in Chicago. The Bulls have a stronger need for a shooting guard, and could ultimately spend their money there. Ultimately, that leaves Clippers with an edge over the New Jersey Nets among the suitors with the most significant cap space and a need for a starting small forward.
I thought Travis Outlaw was the future in New Jersey.

Cloving gonna clove.

Annnnnnyways...

What I'm looking forward to most:

*Being able to watch Kobe for another season
*Curious to see how Rose and the Bulls bounce back
*Ray Allen pushing the 3-point record even further away
*Where D12/CP3 end up
*If LeBron has improved his post game

What excites me the least:

*Miiiiiiike Brown
*Talk about the Celtics still having a shot
*Dwayne Wade comparing the Heat losing to the Japanese quake/nuke disaster