• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

1_hardreset_2012_08_0fvuiy.jpg

2_painkiller_2012_08_houot.jpg

MrBig

ok, next PNG, lol

Anyway 100% PNG is 6MB

PNGs are lossless. There are no quality options. PNGs and 95% JPGs give smaller filesizes in different situations and should be used interchangeably when appropriate. The quality difference between the two will be unnoticeable. Just take care of your filesizes and stick to PNG and JPG.

As an aside, Dead Space sure isn't a pretty game.

xNAPx

Banned
PNGs are lossless. There are no quality options. PNGs and 95% JPGs give smaller filesizes in different situations and should be used interchangeably when appropriate. The quality difference between the two will be unnoticeable. Just take care of your filesizes and stick to PNG and JPG.

As an aside, Dead Space sure isn't a pretty game.

in irfanview there are quality option for png, no compression is about 6MB

xNAPx

Banned
Poor Dead Space doesn't deserve this.

You're right it's a stunning game, very great. Nice story, nice graphic, great atmosphere, i found a way to use fxaa and smaa together in Dead Space :D anyway...

CRYSIS + PERSONALIZED AUTOEXEC + EXTREME IMMERSIVE MOD 3.0.88 + SEVERAL TEXTURE MOD + INGAME 4xMSAA + MY PERSONAL SMAA ULTRA PRESET

ibnDdaqmebQjDv.png

ixJbxKuoGpwZE.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
3b512f73de4952218d9ea2fd68716e578b31603a.jpg

f6aea5e7e1bf0f38d6a869c2f3126f41e15f9cf7.jpg

Why did I wait so long to play this game? It's right up my alley. PC games from the early to mid 2000's are so fucking great.

MrBig

I can't find a way to make this thing run at 2560x1440 so I have to play it upscaled from 1920x1080 to get vsync to work, on top of a game that was designed around 480p :/

Microsoft did such a terrible job porting Bungie's baby

iC9Qw6GnAXnax.jpg

i7irDguFYh7la.jpg

s7evn

Damn. That does look hawt.

Shame i have no idea how to do it LOL

Gfx card companies are now letting you change setting from the card level. So for me the ATI control panel has a tab where I can opt to AA from that or use the in game settings. Nvidia has the option as well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hmm... Is there anything anyone wants to see in 2880x1800?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KuGsj.gif

xNAPx's burgeoning career in this thread has not started well.

I've mentioned to him twice to use abload when uploading his BMPs as it'll automatically convert them to PNGs. It's the best way to go if he'd rather not fiddle with image editing software.

Sethos

Banned
I didn't remember lighting been so nice in this game. When is number 3 coming out? Saw some very impressive show cases of the new lighting solution.

ArmA 2 still has a bit of brunt left. Currently the community alpha is slated for 'after Gamescom', it was delayed due to a PhysX change so it should be out soon. Full game is slated for end of year / early next year.

Sethos

Banned
Witcher 2

Still dealing with some odd performance issues, keeps bouncing between 60-40 and in random non-demanding areas it'll hit 15-20. A setting, a driver or something is messing with me.

iPEzDOFbOhlXw.png

ibLfAudLtlDvC.png

Spazznid

Skyrim!

iV2xTjfeYaOdr.bmp

iJg2Nkdo1l9DP.bmp

I wanted something to tide me over until GW2 and to keep my mind off of it...

Then I get to this area and hear Jeremy Soule's music...

Pre=Searing Ascalon! ARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!
GW2 COME OUT ALREADY!!!

Top Bottom