• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

nfs112012-12-1402-43-omzzy.png

nfs112012-12-1402-36-3vai3.png

These 21:9 screnshots are absolutely amazing. They're just so different and cinematic. I'm kinda thinking we should have a separate thread just to showcase them. Bad idea I guess?

Remember to check Widescreen Gaming Forum for any fixes that are needed to make anamorphic resolutions work.

I had to use the awesome program Flawless Widescreen to make Mirror's Edge work properly in 21:9.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
These 21:9 screnshots are absolutely amazing. They're just so different and cinematic. I'm kinda thinking we should have a separate thread just to showcase them. Bad idea I guess?

Nah this thread is fine since people are just playing the games this way and the games shown off play kinda amazingly with these settings.

Shaneus

To clarify... all of you playing on 21:9, you're doing it on 16:9 monitors, yeah?

I wish there was a better looking way to do it that didn't involve buying new hardware.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
people trying something new

also, damn you. is this it?

dellu2913wm-1l.jpg

Yup. Kind of concerned about the measured 25ms of input lag but we'll see.

I'm starting to think I'll never be rid of my 3007wfp-hc and it's never ending gpu demands.

I had been eyeing that one, but my monitor purchases are always made with Street Fighter in mind ( hence me selling my dell u2711 because of the inputlag ) and I've heard that the monitor above had the highest measured input lag of the monitors tested in a review I saw. Granted not everyone cares about fighting games but still :3

iNvid02

yeah i read a few impressions and it seems like a good choice for movies and when dealing with a lot of apps you need to view simultaneously, but not the best choice for games

xJavonta

Banned
Oh sweet, is that playable now? I haven't checked the page since I donated :/

Yep and it's actually quite fun too. Everything is up on the page

Not to derail the thread, but whenever I select a 2.35 resolution for my desktop, my games look cut off. I don't get black bars, just a cut off image. I'll post a picture to show what I mean.

auto2012-12-1414-23-4n8uga.png

The HUD is cut off. This is the only game I've tried it with so far though, but I have a feeling that others will wield similar results. Maybe it's a monitor problem?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
people trying something new

also, damn you. is this it?

dellu2913wm-1l.jpg

I remember seeing a 40" Samsung prototype TV in this aspect ratio. It was fucking beautiful. I wonder why companies don't have this as an option. I know Vizizo do had one last year I think.

I'm ordering one of those Dell displays as soon as I can. VASTLY superior to the normal widescreen.

FYI for Hawken screenshot-takers: SGSSAA with the Mass Effect bits runs far smoother than downsampling. I think this is because of the vector UI graphics they use, for some reason they just tank the frame rate when downsampling but are completely unaffected when using SGSSAA.

Top Bottom