• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Shaneus

i3ID8myqom64.png

iGucrt9KozR0g.png
Are you using a SweetFX tweak with that at all? Because I'm sure I wasn't getting colours as nice as that when I played it. I don't think.

Vitor711

Man, I cannot wait for my new 7970m equipped laptop to arrive to I can finally have a crack at Planetside 2. Game looks GORGEOUS. 60FPS maxed out is likely out of the question but I know that card can handle 30FPS on ultra so I might just settle for the eye candy over and above the smoother response.

Serra

Man, I cannot wait for my new 7970m equipped laptop to arrive to I can finally have a crack at Planetside 2. Game looks GORGEOUS. 60FPS maxed out is likely out of the question but I know that card can handle 30FPS on ultra so I might just settle for the eye candy over and above the smoother response.

I really doubt the 7970m can run it at ultra with anything resembling a playable FPS.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Planetside 2

1)

29097147.jpg

2) I can't stop just looking at the game, I don't think I've killed or even seen a single enemy

3) Screenshots don't do this game justice.

planetside22012-12-1758rys.png

planetside22012-12-1761qgz.png

Corky

I'm using the config from that pastebin link in the PS2 OT. Still messing around with settings it's going to be like a week before I even learn the most rudimentary stuff in the game, like deploying or finding myself on the map, judging by my current pace lol.

Corky

That's some nice PS2 screens. What rig are you on and how well is it running?

Thank you, nothing crazy I'm on a decently OCed 670 and a 2600k@4.5

It runs at 30 fps locked with a 3600x2025 resolution and ultra settings in the .ini but some of those pictures ( the last two for example ) are from messing about with 2.0 Renderquality in the ini which from what I understand is twice ( four times ? ) the aforementioned resolution at some unplayable framerate.

i-Lo

It runs at 30 fps locked with a 3600x2025 resolution and ultra settings in the .ini but some of those pictures ( the last two for example ) are from messing about with 2.0 Renderquality in the ini which from what I understand is twice ( four times ? ) the aforementioned resolution at some unplayable framerate.

Holy shit.

Is yours a triple monitor set up?

Also, kindly put forth more screens for everyone's viewing pleasure for the existing ones are.... delectable.

Corky

Holy shit.

Is yours a triple monitor set up?

Also, kindly put forth more screens for everyone's viewing pleasure for the existing ones are.... delectable.

Nah son, everything downsampled to a 1920x1080 monitor.

I'll happily oblige.

planetside22012-12-17v6omn.png

planetside22012-12-176bovs.png

MrBig

I'm not sure on how the render quality modifier works, but it may be a good idea to just set the game to 1920x1080 and put RQ to 1.41. The lead programmer was talking about it a bit on the forum and said that setting doubled your rendering resolution from whatever you have the resolution set to. Basically a way to do 2x supersampling without a custom resolution or messing up the UI.

Amazing shots btw; not too long before I'll be able to get back to it myself

Corky

I'm not sure on how the render quality modifier works.

My guess is it works something like this :

renderquality : 1.41 at 1080p = 1920*1.41 X 1080*1.41 which equals twice the resolution of regular 1080p.

More Planetside, starting to figure out how the game works, got the spawn-system down by now >_<

planetside22012-12-175cpgu.png

planetside22012-12-17rvqu1.png

FACE

Banned
Cause english is not my birth language. I know it's less "nasty" than holy f**k, but I don't really know if it's cool to use it in a forum (don't want to be ban for language!! lol ) ; )

I really need MP3 on PC!

Swearing is usually not frowned upon here, unless you're insulting other people.

Edit: I think my GTX 560 wept after it saw those PS2 screens.

Edit 2: Scitek's post contains better advice.

scitek

Cause english is not my birth language. I know it's less "nasty" than holy f**k, but I don't really know if it's cool to use it in a forum (don't want to be ban for language!! lol ) ; )

I really need MP3 on PC!

You can swear here, just stay away from homophobic and ethnic slurs, and any kind of name calling toward another member. Those lead to bans.

EDIT: Does Planetside 2 work with a controller?

Ardvent

ibrBQqjsOI5m2w.png

ibljJnpN4SImKJ.png

I've really enjoyed playing RO2 using a set up to auto screenshot every few seconds. I've got a ton of fantastic shots and am thinking of trying it with a few other games.

Shaneus

Any chance of getting dem SweetFX settings, KyleN? Really does make it look world's better than how I remember it looking on my rig.

Promise I won't take credit for them on other forums or anything ;)

iNvid02

i think i left it on 16:9 ar instead of auto again

god damn it lol

edit: 21:9 revolution is over for me, back to the usual. still looks odd to me though

Messing with sweetfx since I'm back on Windows 7 (dumped Windows 8 a few hours ago, fairly painless transition back to Windows 7. Didn't lose much in the process)

iNY1rOy3uv6qO.jpg

irFWs0TX3I5CA.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Posted in the other thread but figured I'd share them here. Playing through Twin Snakes on Dolphin. 1080p with 9xSSAA/16xAF, though cropped as the game was built for 4:3, and the widescreen hack botches up cutscenes and introduces a lot of pop-in. And so, due to the cropping (also cropped black bars off cutscenes), Imma posting multiple screenshots per post. If this is a problem let me know and I'll stop.

m1cyu9e.png

m2nabf2.png

m3ocliu.png

m4royqb.png

m58aalh.png

m67bl6l.png

Lime

MGS 1 > Twin Snakes. No debate.

The PS1 graphics also made the visuals more consistent and open to interpretation, imo. Raven looks like a Saturday morning cartoon villain in some of those shots.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does Twin Snakes work fine in Dolphin now

I tried like a year ago and it was shit

With the right settings, yes, almost perfectly. There's the occasional desync of audio to video, but if it gets bad you can save/quit/reboot/load and the problem is solved. Widescreen hack leads to shitty graphics, so you'll have to play in original 4:3 or stomach broken blur during cutscenes and pop-in. These issues aside the performance is very high, only dropping during an intense firefight (eg: the sequence where Meryl and Snake encounter guards after she escapes her cell), and I've had no freezes or gameplay breaking errors. So far anyway. There's funky green background issues whenever in the codec, but it doesn't effect the codec itself.

Based on tips from the wiki and my own tinkering, my Twin Snakes settings are:
Framelimit: Audio + Limit by FPS
Audio: DSP LLE recompiler
Backend: Direct3D9
Resolution: 1920x1080
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Anti-Aliasing: 9xSSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Scaled EFB Copy: On
Per-Pixel Lighting: On
EFB Copies: RAM, Enable Cache
Texture Cache: Fast