• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Meh I don't see the issue with posting the HL2 CM screenshots. People need to really chill the fuck out. This reminds me exactly of when that one guy was posting his GW2 shots and people were cryin like crazy.

elbourreau

I post when I have.

I have no more for now. Which is because I was playing Eureka Seven and UT2004.

I can understand the whole posting a lot of one thing, though. I'll try to tone back on that. I just took a lot of shots that I liked.

Damned!! No need! You post what you want when you want, it's cool!

Can't believe you have to justify yourself on a thread named :

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread

Come on!

scitek

Damned!! No need! You post what you want when you want, it's cool!

Can't believe you have to justify yourself on a thread named :

Come on!

We have the rule of 2 pics per post for a reason. It's to prevent people from dumping a folder's worth of shots in the thread, and to make them have to choose the best 2, 4, or maybe 6 from the lot. I'm not saying Spazznid's guilty of anything, mind you, just pointing out that "post what you want when you want" is alright to think to an extent, but use some common sense in determining how much you think people would want to see of something.

I go by: 2 pics per post, for maybe 2-3 posts, and then add the rest via thumbnails for the people who really want to see more. Then do the same a few pages later.

NBtoaster

f12xukiu.png

f10uhj1f.png

elbourreau

Which by that extend you must be misunderstanding what I was saying. Main problem here is dumping, more than what is being dumped. It's just when you add the two together it becomes extra annoying.

I get your point, but I'm doubtfull....

It would have been another planetside or skyrim batch there would not have been any problem...

End of story for me. No hard feelings. Keep bringing the visual goodness, guys!

One more time : english not my birth language, maybe there's some subtelties I don't get...

Spazznid

Grotesque alyx isn't any worse than Skyrim ENB cataracts edition (feat: Barbie sluts) screenshots.

It's funny, because I have both! I actually don't like the whole Hotness-Barbie-slutty-looking characters. It's just that those are what we get. They mesh much better with HD textures, Dynamic lights, and High-Poly models, than the original models. I remember the Girls Next Door Body Mod for Oblivion, and it's just sad that there are only ever two choices for Skyrim if you want support for armor mods, and good modeling...

Sethos

Banned
I get your point, but I'm doubtfull....

It would have been another planetside or skyrim batch there would not have been any problem...

End of story for me. No hard feelings. Keep bringing the visual goodness, guys!

One more time : english not my birth language, maybe there's some subtelties I don't get...

No, no it wouldn't. There's a difference several people posting the same game as I mentioned and one guy posting 20 screenshots. That is the definition of folder dumping, which this thread is not about. There's also the matter of picking your screenshots, looking at them and saying "Is this worth posting?" which is in the rules - Something folder dumping goes against.

Just because it's called the High-Res Screenshot Thread isn't a carte blanche to do as you please. By that definition heavily compressed JPEGs and pictures of a blurry texture is also post-greenlighted because they are ... High-Res.

Hundreds of people keep checking this thread, so I don't see why there's a big outcry when people wants to maintain a quality standard in the thread - Most people seem perfectly able to do it.

Spazznid, I will apologize for being a bit harsh. Respect you and I do like your shots no matter what you post. It's good to see games you might not play or intend to play. I just get a bit anal over little things.

No, no it wouldn't. There's a difference several people posting the same game as I mentioned and one guy posting 20 screenshots. That is the definition of folder dumping, which this thread is not about. There's also the matter of picking your screenshots, looking at them and saying "Is this worth posting?" which is in the rules - Something folder dumping goes against.

Just because it's called the High-Res Screenshot Thread isn't a carte blanche to do as you please. By that definition heavily compressed JPEGs and pictures of a blurry texture is also post-greenlighted because they are ... High-Res.

Hundreds of people keep checking this thread, so I don't see why there's a big outcry when people wants to maintain a quality standard in the thread - Most people seem perfectly able to do it.

Spazznid, I will apologize for being a bit harsh. Respect you and I do like your shots no matter what you post. It's good to see games you might not play or intend to play. I just get a bit anal over little things.

Understatement =P

mxgt

Banned
That modded Alyx really is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

One of the most appealing things about her (imo) is that she's not over-sexualised in any way.

Spazznid

No hard feelings, man. I understand completely. I was still running on that PS2 craze a few pages back so I was in "It's okay to post fast" mode.

That modded Alyx really is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

One of the most appealing things about her (imo) is that she's not over-sexualised in any way.

That's the point. The mod isn't meant to change HL2, it is it's own thing. It's like Legend of Zelda. Each one may be different, but they're all the same story. (Not the best comparison, but meh) If there were a more Hollywood LoZ, then I'd imagine a lot of people would get upset at the choices that were made for each character, but I'd still go watch it out of interest.

Well, here's some UT2004 and I'm out for the night.
BTW the 2.35 AR kill UT2004's Hud...
So 2880x1620 you get!

ibPFYjoPtKVWQ.png

iITjPa6qg1Eom.png

Game still looks great, and controls better than any shooter today. Gonna have to mod the heck out of it again....

xJavonta

Banned
Don't listen to Sethos. When Skyrim and Crysis 2 were released, the threads had a shit ton of shots from those games. The only people complaining were the same people that complain about the same stuff now. Just post what you like and while many others might enjoy it, it's always the minority that gets vocal about it.

For the record I liked the shots, I absolutely HATE that Alyx character model though. Personal preferences, blah blah.

Edit: I see he apologized. That was nice of him, not something I see often.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't listen to Sethos. When Skyrim and Crysis 2 were released, the threads had a shit ton of shots from those games. The only people complaining were the same people that complain about the same stuff now. Just post what you like and while many others might enjoy it, it's always the minority that gets vocal about it.

In the span of 100 posts posts in this thread (between two pages) he had posted 34 screenshots of Cinematic Mod with custom Alyx replacements and another 5 of CM without the Alyx replacement model.

That is completely different than 20 users posting a bunch of screenshots of Skyrim or Crysis 2. It's similar to what TheVampire was doing with GTA4 and it's annoying and spammy.

Tokubetsu

In the span of 100 posts posts in this thread (between two pages) he had posted 34 screenshots of Cinematic Mod with custom Alyx replacements and another 5 of CM without the Alyx replacement model.

That is completely different than 20 users posting a bunch of screenshots of Skyrim or Crysis 2. It's similar to what TheVampire was doing with GTA4 and it's annoying and spammy.

Be careful, I hear mentioning TheVampire or GTA4 summons him and a page of awful modded screenshots.

Spazznid

Really?

I only count 6 of alyx in my minus...

You talking about ooooold posts? 'cause I don't remember posting CM before...

(Unless you count the ones of "Door A" and "Tree B" to be 'with custom Alyx'...

Be careful, I hear mentioning TheVampire or GTA4 summons him and a page of awful modded screenshots.

lol I actually miss those.
Modded GTA4 is the shiznit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really?

I only count 6 of alyx in my minus...

You talking about ooooold posts? 'cause I don't remember posting CM before...

(Unless you count the ones of "Door A" and "Tree B" to be 'with custom Alyx'...

Are you being purposely dense? I don't mean literally every shot featured that shitty Alyx model.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It just seemed like a moot thing to include in your evaluation of my posts...

Unless you were trying to make it sound worse than it is...

You posted 39 CM screens in the last 100 posts . 34 of those featured the custom models that everyone hates, the defining model being Alyx. 5 of the screens were you showing what it looked like without the custom models that everyone hates. How was that not clear?

Durante

Guild Wars 2

gw22933j3a.jpg

WvW is pretty fun.

gw232hzj9f.jpg

Talking about models everyone hates... sorry about my current armor set, it's the best I can afford :p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Emulated Mario Galaxy looks so good. If Galaxy 3 were announced, i'd be straight out the door for a Wii-U.

SMU is where it's at, big ol' Super Mario Universe. One of those titles that's set in stone before the game is even announced.

And yeah, the next game from the SMG team is what probably makes me break down and reluctantly buy a wii u. Just like I did with the regular wii.

Nibel

The geometry in those Unreal Tournament 2004 screenshots is above the most current-gen games; look at that door and those pipes

Glorious.

Spazznid

The geometry in those Unreal Tournament 2004 screenshots is above the most current-gen games; look at that door and those pipes

Glorious.

I've always wondered about that. UT has always been a great example of how to make a game look (up until Unreal Gears 3).

Borman

Stargate SG-1 The Alliance (Got it running on my Retina MBP, which means higher resolutions!)

1.png

2.png

(HUD gets cut off at widescreen resolutions, unfinished game and all that)

Corky

Playing Unreal tournament 2003 was a step into next-gen for me at that point. Being able to zoom in on objects and not have them look like a blurry mess was amazing to me. With that said those shots above look very... well... bad. I'm sure I have a rosier picture of the game painted in my mind but now I'm confused.

Spazznid

Playing Unreal tournament 2003 was a step into next-gen for me at that point. Being able to zoom in on objects and not have them look like a blurry mess was amazing to me. With that said those shots above look very... well... bad. I'm sure I have a rosier picture of the game painted in my mind but now I'm confused.

Fraps auto-screen every few seconds, and I forgot the console commands... So no hud-less, framed time-stopped shots atm.

Corky

Fraps auto-screen every few seconds, and I forgot the console commands... So no hud-less, framed time-stopped shots atm.

Not really the hud that stuck out, more the amount of aliasing but looking at my own shots I guess not much can be done in terms of AA without inspector fiddling ( which even I won't do for a demo :I ), my analretentive nature forced me to download the ut 2004 demo to try it out myself

ut20042012-12-2020-25qzk2m.png

ut20042012-12-2020-266xj0d.png

Top Bottom