• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Sethos

Banned
Running around in my lil' Miner, getting some ISK.

I actually enjoy the peace and quiet of mining.

1jwuh2.png

2xkuu8.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Could I ask for a favor from high-res gaf? Can anyone who has RAGE installed try to snap a screenshot that results in a file with higher resolution than 2880x1600?

I can use all kinds of ingame resolution settings but even if I pick 3840x2160 ingame the fraps shot invariably ends up being 2880x1600 which leads me to believe the game doesn't render anything higher than that (or that something is wrong on my end ).

Sethos

Banned
I am always tempted to play again everytime this game is mentioned. The feeling of flying through space in peace with the music and the visuals...
Sigh...

Would probably be a stretch to say I'm actually playing the game. I just mine, purely to enjoy the visuals and the music. Have the game running in a fullscreen window while I watch movies, shows, do my work etc.

14wcza.png

2noe50.png

Could I ask for a favor from high-res gaf? Can anyone who has RAGE installed try to snap a screenshot that results in a file with higher resolution than 2880x1600?

I can use all kinds of ingame resolution settings but even if I pick 3840x2160 ingame the fraps shot invariably ends up being 2880x1600 which leads me to believe the game doesn't render anything higher than that (or that something is wrong on my end ).

I was under the impression that newer versions of FRAPs cap out at 2880x1600 and it required an older version to go higher. That's what I had to do to take shots of Witcher 2 @ 3024x1890.

Corky

I was under the impression that newer versions of FRAPs cap out at 2880x1600 and it required an older version to go higher. That's what I had to do to take shots of Witcher 2 @ 3024x1890.

My fraps version is pretty old but even then I've never had troubles with that when it comes to taking high-res shots. Still think RAGE caps out at 2880x1600 but I'd be happily proven wrong.

Til then, SMG 1

dolphin2012-12-2201-36yeyv.png

dolphin2012-12-2201-3pscu6.png

scitek

dem low res textures. what are your settings for 60fps? any mods? link me to your system.cfg or autoexec.cfg if you would be so kind.

Just Maldo's texture mod with reduced tessellation and LOD at halfway between Very High and Ultra.

The only thing I add to my config is:

Code:
r_shadowjittering = 6
r_colorgrading = 0
r_texmaxanisotropy = 16
hud_hide = 1

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I had written this game off as one of the most unoptimized ever and had given up hope of maintaining 60fps with any form of AA whatsoever. However, I just found that if I turn off HDR Rendering, I can maintain 60fps with 16xCSAA.

conviction_game2012-11uuil.png

conviction_game2012-172ut7.png

jujubeads

here you go. taken at 3000x1688. fraps made the game crash, so i had to use the built in screenshot command.

aa09ss8hjulq.png

fullsize link: http://www.abload.de/img/09ss85auja.jpg

aa098ntutm.png

fullsize link: http://www.abload.de/img/098evuke.jpg

KyleN

Banned

3200x1800 working for me with fraps version 3.5.5.

Corky

3200x1800 working for me with fraps version 3.5.5.

here you go. taken at 3000x1688. fraps made the game crash, so i had to use the built in screenshot command.

http://www.abload.de/img/aa09ss8hjulq.png[/IMG
fullsize link: [url]http://www.abload.de/img/09ss85auja.jpg[/url]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/aa098ntutm.png[/IMG
fullsize link: [url]http://www.abload.de/img/098evuke.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess the problem is on my end then >_<

Any way to remove the HUD on this? also, i've had to drop to 310.64 drivers as .70 gives me some weird corruption issues so i've had to knock MSAA down to x2 as the .64's are unplayable on x4 :(

hma_2012_12_21_23_21_hyk6z.png

Giggty.

Hey Sethos, out of curiosity, can you make enough mining to sustain a sub? I haven't played EVE since... 2005? Yeesh. Anyway, no idea how much that stuff goes for, just remember hearing that you can buy game time with in-game currency.

Metroid Prime

dolphin2012-12-2012-51kjld.png

dolphin2012-12-2212-1ssjll.png

Sethos

Banned
Hey Sethos, out of curiosity, can you make enough mining to sustain a sub? I haven't played EVE since... 2005? Yeesh. Anyway, no idea how much that stuff goes for, just remember hearing that you can buy game time with in-game currency

Sure, just not with the mining I'm doing :p

I just got out of the mining vessel given to me by a low-end tutorial and into an average mining barge. In high-sec space that'll net me something like 5 million per mining run ( 15-20 minutes or so ), a PLEX ( The 30 day game-time ) goes for 500-600 Million.

However as you venture into lower security space and mine rarer minerals you get a much bigger profit, plus when you get better ships with bigger cargo holds. Heard some insane numbers people get from mining in low security space. But you definitely won't be paying for the PLEX with ISK the first few months.

Plus if you are serious about playing EVE and not just using it as a second monitor jukebox like I am currently, mining is fairly boring. Lots of fun combat missions to do instead with good profits.

Corky

Rage - steam says 8h play, ingame save file says 1h = 7hours wasted/spent trying to get this to perform like a game that wasn't made by two people in a Ukrainian bunker using Assembly. FML.

This mini-map is the stuff of nightmares. The fuck is it trying to go in the second screen?

rage2012-12-2223-10-5r1i28.png

rage2012-12-2221-22-41fiws.png

Serra

Nice eve screenshots! As a active long time eve player, I have to comment :)

For the record: Those don't really represent eve gameplay. You will almost never be zoomed into your ship that close or have your graphics at max (simply can't render 800 people shooting at each other and blowing up) Nor will you see your dude walking in stations since it is SO much slower to do anything using that interface. It is either endless menus or purple/red squares on screen. I put a screenshot of a typical fleet battle below. Notice there are 1236 people fighting in that system at that moment.

Still a great game!

In high-sec space that'll net me something like 5 million per mining run ( 15-20 minutes or so ), a PLEX ( The 30 day game-time ) goes for 500-600 Million.

PLEX is currently floating around 580mil. You will easily be able to pay for your gametime with ingame money, if you play even somewhat actively and aren't a total idiot. For example I haven't payed any real money after my first month. I run multiple accounts and pay their gametime with PLEX. I also just bought my fanfest tickets with PLEX (would cost around 200 euros if bought with real money)

Lots of fun combat missions to do instead with good profits.

Missions are really boring (imo) and will never make you good money. (ISK/hour)

e6dcd7ac3ee604d7711d751504ceb51e4c02eaf9.jpg

Is there any way to get Splinter Cell Conviction to not run like absolute ass?

I'm running it maxed out on a GTX 580 and am barely getting 30fps. What's going on here?

Corky

Is there any way to get Splinter Cell Conviction to not run like absolute ass?

I'm running it maxed out on a GTX 580 and am barely getting 30fps. What's going on here?

Don't own the game but saw a comment saying turning of something along the line of "HDR" makes the game more playable. Give it a shot.

Wanny

Looks like shes from Shinra lol

:) I welcome any comments on the colors/lighting. Trying to go for as much as realistic look as possible.

screenshot97259dcktv.png

screenshot1209678hjys.png

I'm sorry everyone about the DOF but I never played with ENB so it's kinda a new neat eye candy effect for me lol. Don't worry I disabled chromatic abberation. My eyes are certainly not doing that.

I have to say, I was surprised how decent the game looked with these settings. Looks a lot more like a proper Diablo game and less like... whatever Blizzard made it out to be (Dark WoW? Something like that). Less like something released in 2003 and more like something that actually belongs in the modern era. And so on and so forth.

It helps that the game is no longer a frustrating slog in Inferno thanks to recent patches.

Screenshot306231.png

Screenshot304470.png

I kinda disagree with the sentiment that rage looks better in motion. Only one thing looks better in motion and that is enemies and their contextual animations. The baked lighting and the lack of world interaction makes the game feel creepy and hollow

scitek

I like those Splinter Cell shots! Now i need to play it.

It's a good game in its own right, but it has the problem of being in the same franchise as Chaos Theory, which sucks because it results in any game that's not as good (or just way different) being shat on by fans.

Hard Reset

hardreset_2012_12_23_2mjv0.png

hardreset_2012_12_23_cfk81.png

Top Bottom