• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

scitek

downsampled from 3840x2160 (2xSSAA)

crysis22012-01-0215-14fqt4.png

crysis22012-01-0215-1ijqwm.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
nice, you using nvidia inspector for the AA or forcing external resolutions?

edit ; er I think that makes sense...

iNvid02

whenever somebody askswhy a shot looks so good, the first thing i tell them is that its downsampled, so i dunno who your referring to sethos but its not me.

i thought black ops looked decent, didnt like mw3 at all.

bioshock 1/2

bioshock_2012_01_02_17rptz.png

bioshock_2012_01_02_1yprnb.png

Sethos

Banned
whenever somebody askswhy a shot looks so good, the first thing i tell them is that its downsampled, so i dunno who your referring to sethos but its not me

It's not, I could give specific examples but I don't want to stir the hornet's nest any further.

Let's just enjoy some screenshots. :)

scitek

It's not, I could give specific examples but I don't want to stir the hornet's nest any further.

Let's just enjoy some screenshots. :)

I know it's me you're referring to, but I really don't care so there's nothing to worry about stirring up. The screens I post are fully representative of what I see since I output at 1080p. I plan to release a book on Amazon shortly listing all of my settings so everyone knows what to do. Look for it soon.

Dennis

Banned
MW3

In-game: 4xMSAA

Additional: 2x2 SSAA + 2xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA

Finally: from 2560 x 1600 downsampled to 1680 x 1050 in Photoshop

scitek

Yeah SMAA doesn't work well with DNF, but does anything? The environments like the locker room are full of tiny lines like in the tiling on the walls and floor. I always wonder wtf devs were thinking when I see that kinda stuff since no matter what anyone does, it always ends ip looking a jagged mess.

hlhbk

Two things:

1. To the guy in the previous thread posting Batman AC screenshots STOP POSTING SHOTS WITH SPOILERS IN THEM!

2. MW3 isn't that good looking. Battlefield 3 blows it away.

Corky

also 8xsgssaa wont work with only 4xmsaa...

"Please keep in mind that whenever you use SGSSAA you should always match the number of MSAA samples used to the number of SGSSAA samples used. 8xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA will usually have lower quality than 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA. This is because SGSSAA gets it's sample coordinates from the MSAA samples. So if you have more MSAA samples than SGSSAA samples the SGSSAA samples will not be placed in the ideal locations. Also you cannot have more SGSSAA samples than MSAA samples for the same reason as I'm sure you've guessed. Even though it uses MSAA sample coordinates using additional coverage samples will reduce the effectiveness of SGSSAA by changing the grid pattern so that the MSAA samples are placed closer to the center of the pixel (which is a less ideal location)"

scitek

Ah one of the things I'm jealous of nvidia owners for, being able to pile AA on AA. The best I can do is 8xEQ SSAA with edge detect on. I'll post some of that with Bulletstorm when I get home later if I remember. (it tanks my framerate)

Dennis

Banned
also 8xsgssaa wont work with only 4xmsaa...

"Please keep in mind that whenever you use SGSSAA you should always match the number of MSAA samples used to the number of SGSSAA samples used. 8xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA will usually have lower quality than 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA. This is because SGSSAA gets it's sample coordinates from the MSAA samples. So if you have more MSAA samples than SGSSAA samples the SGSSAA samples will not be placed in the ideal locations. Also you cannot have more SGSSAA samples than MSAA samples for the same reason as I'm sure you've guessed. Even though it uses MSAA sample coordinates using additional coverage samples will reduce the effectiveness of SGSSAA by changing the grid pattern so that the MSAA samples are placed closer to the center of the pixel (which is a less ideal location)"

MW3

Additional: 2x2 SSAA + 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA

In case anyone is wondering, I am getting about 15-20 fps with SLI. But of course this is just silly overkill.

Corky

Titts and ass allowed in here? You never know. Don't want to get banned because of a screenshot.

Custer's Revenge?

MW3

Additional: 2x2 SSAA + 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA

In case anyone is wondering, I am getting about 15-20 fps with SLI. But of course this is just silly overkill.

Another anectode, if you're forcing additional AA, hence overriding the ingame setting - you do exactly that, ingame msaa becomes irrelevant it could be set to x32 and it wouldn't matter.

Sethos

Banned
I know it's me you're referring to, but I really don't care so there's nothing to worry about stirring up. The screens I post are fully representative of what I see since I output at 1080p. I plan to release a book on Amazon shortly listing all of my settings so everyone knows what to do. Look for it soon.

What? Don't flatter yourself, I don't even know who you are or that you existed until today. I'm certainly not referring to you. Not even referring to anything in this year's thread.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, Witcher 2. Nothing offending at all imo but you never know how the US guys react. They are quite sensitive to naked woman. :D

Hey now, I'm from the US and I'm 100% for tits and ass. I don't know if it would be advisable to post them, though, since you could be banned if they're NSFW.

Top Bottom