• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

x3sphere

Eh, I thought it was a solid port, GFWL aside...

It was designed around a controller why is that a bad thing? Games like Batman generally don't work as well with M+KB.

Card Boy

Banned
Something i have being working on.

Deus Ex IW. With widescreen mod + FOV fix + John P Texture Pack (down from 1080P)

kXvrM.png

DMC4 Maxed out (down from 1080P)

45ca.png

Dibbz

Eh, I thought it was a solid port, GFWL aside...

It was designed around a controller why is that a bad thing? Games like Batman generally don't work as well with M+KB.

It's got some bad problems, not so much technical but design. For one the tracking mini game doesn't fully work with a mouse. You can semi use it but it doesn't move around the whole screen. You have to use the keyboard to navigate which is really shitty.

The map is similar and you have to use the keyboard if you want to move around since the mouse moves to the edge of the map too quick.

Other problems like retarded key bindings when using menus that make it painful to navigate.

More pics

2012-05-06_00005jsit4.jpg

2012-05-06_000173xit9.jpg

You're piquing my interest with those Binary Domain screens, Conquistador. Is it more than just a pew-pew game?

Arkham City maxed. Port is so shitty though which is a shame. Game was designed for a controller.

Really? aside from GFWL, which can be ignored after first boot, I think it's pretty good. I see people talking smack about the controller-designed menus, which is true, but it's pretty, has PC exclusive features, runs great (barring launch problems) and the actual game part controls well with mouse and keyboard.

You're piquing my interest with those Binary Domain screens, Conquistador. Is it more than just a pew-pew game?.

It's a fantastic game. Really solid shooter mechanics, interesting and crazy story, and great characters. Check the Binary Domain thread, you'll see how much of a hit it is. I've finished on 360, but it's even better experience on PC, at least visually.

Dibbz

Really? aside from GFWL, which can be ignored after first boot, I think it's pretty good. I see people talking smack about the controller-designed menus, which is true, but it's pretty, has PC exclusive features, runs great (barring launch problems) and the actual game part controls well with mouse and keyboard.

The gadgets selection is also a mess. Considering the harder fights need them it's becoming more and more of a pain as I'm progressing. Gadgets are relegated to the numbered keys and ranges from 1-0. A weapon wheel would have been great but nope I guess you don't need one on a console so neither does PC :(

Oh and GFWL causes save files to get corrupted so Batman AC being on it is definitely a big problem. Oh and apparently save files are encrypted on every start up so your backup might not even work unless you back up the XLive folder every time you quit.

scitek

The gadgets selection is also a mess. Considering the harder fights need them it's becoming more and more of a pain as I'm progressing. Gadgets are relegated to the numbered keys and ranges from 1-0. A weapon wheel would have been great but nope I guess you don't need one on a console so neither does PC :(

Oh it needed one on console, too. Choosing gadgets with diagonals and double-tapping on the d-pad is a fucking joke.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's a fantastic game. Really solid shooter mechanics, interesting and crazy story, and great characters. Check the Binary Domain thread, you'll see how much of a hit it is. I've finished on 360, but it's even better experience on PC, at least visually.

I demand to know what AA solution you're using for Binary Domain.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Real-time downsampling from 1440p iirc. The port is pretty well optimized as I pull in 60 most of the time at that res on a 460 1gb.

Cool. I've tried using the trick others have mentioned (creating a custom resolution on the nVidia control panel and having the monitor downsample), but my monitor can't handle resolutions higher than native, unfortunately :(.

Are there any other methods?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I still think Doom 3 holds up. When coupled with SSAA it looks incredibly clean. Top shot is stock Doom 3 while the bottom is from Sikkmod.

7cdd19f50e4a6cd70823b30a83f62fbbe36b0dea.png

2584e0a35de0bb52b808017c207a145831d82351.png

Dr. Light

Good lord, the CFX support for Batman AC is fucking SHITTY.

I just did a bunch of benchmarks (all settings maxed, 1440p 4xMSAA)

Without DX11 features:

1 card: 120fps (min 69)
3 cards: 131fps (min 59)

With max DX11 features:

1 card: 70fps (min 13)
3 cards: 118fps (min 4)

You see something wrong with this picture?

It's a known fact that this game is attached to Nvidia's dick and hates AMD, but that's just shitty.

Also, turning on DX11 makes the framerate stuttery with regular drops, even if the average is way over 60fps.

scitek

Downsampled from 1440p + 4xAdaptive AA forced through RadeonPro

batmanac.exe_2012-05-jlluk.png

batmanac.exe_2012-05-5ta21.png

Good lord, the CFX support for Batman AC is fucking SHITTY.

I just did a bunch of benchmarks (all settings maxed, 1440p 4xMSAA)

Without DX11 features:

1 card: 120fps (min 69)
3 cards: 131fps (min 59)

With max DX11 features:

1 card: 70fps (min 13)
3 cards: 118fps (min 4)

You see something wrong with this picture?

It's a known fact that this game is attached to Nvidia's dick and hates AMD, but that's just shitty.

Also, turning on DX11 makes the framerate stuttery with regular drops, even if the average is way over 60fps.

DX11 in general is shitty with this game. I gave up on it. The game's too dark to benefit from the HBAO, anyway.

Dr. Light

Arkham City maxed. Port is so shitty though which is a shame. Game was designed for a controller.

Why the hell aren't you playing with a controller? Seriously. There are many, many games on PC (for example, every console port that isn't a shooter) that need a controller. You think I'm playing SF4 on the keyboard?

Why the hell aren't you playing with a controller? Seriously. There are many, many games on PC (for example, every console port that isn't a shooter) that need a controller. You think I'm playing SF4 on the keyboard?
Keyboard is technically superior to a gamepad. Now racing games on a keyboard do suck.

ArjanN

I am. More precise than a 360 controller IMO.

Uh, I disagree. The mouse? Now that's great for aiming, but a keyboard is a relic that does nothing for most games.

Disagreed. That might be true for most console games as they're designed around the controller, but the extra buttons on the keyboard can be great in RTS, RPGs etc.

Most modern console ports control just fine with the keyboard and mouse as well.

Dibbz

3rd and 1st person shooters - Keyboard and Mouse
Anything with driving - Controller

2012-05-07_00003p1dyv.jpg

2012-05-07_00006l5d89.jpg

It's weird that you guys say this, and yet action games play fine for me with kbam. Batman, Dead Space, Tomb Raider games, I would never play them with a controller.

Hieberrr

These are insane! I really need to build my next PC. Jeebus... I hope 500-600 can output these types of performances/graphics at 720p

Binary Domain... I'm not really liking how it feels as a shooter, but I might just need to play with the sensitivity some more. Also god damn, so many cutscenes, I just want to shoot things =(

binarydomain2012-05-0gfkio.png

binarydomain2012-05-0ugka1.png

Top Bottom