• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Salacious Crumb

Getting ready for MP3

maxpayne22012-05-081422l77.png

maxpayne22012-05-08142xy0v.png

Still some of the best third person shooting in any game.

This downsampling thing makes such little difference I'm surprised anyone is excited about it at all.

I noticed quite a nice difference in IQ for all the games I now downsample in (crysis 2 probably being the greatest offender). Which games did you attempt to downsample in?

"realistic lighting"

Ya got me, I loled. Though... I suppose it could be a realistic rendition of an irradiated cave.

Have I mentioned I hate most Skyrim mods.

>(

"realistic lighting"

Ya got me, I loled. Though... I suppose it could be a realistic rendition of an irradiated cave.

>(

I'm not really a fan of the ENB's or FXAA or whatever they are. They make them look all fuzzy/blurry/bloomy and what not.

I think Vanilla skyrim is phenomenal as is

Example

2ItJU.jpg

MrBig

"realistic lighting"

>(

Realistic lighting removes all of Bethesda's shitty fake ambient light that makes everything look terrible and makes entire dungeons light up from a single candle. It doesn't add or change anything besides get rid of that terrible mistake. It's one of the few mods I would universally recommend to anyone. Looks like that picture has an FXAA or ENB mod adding contrast and some other unfavorable effects.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ibik5MNuE0wELD.jpg

Dark XL is awesome but the left edge of the screen is bugging me a bit. Might just play in a window.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ooh, I like that Dark Forces shot. I've been meaning to marathon the series sometime soon since I have all of them on Steam.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ooh, I like that Dark Forces shot. I've been meaning to marathon the series sometime soon since I have all of them on Steam.
Dark XL easily puts it over all the SW shooters before Jedi Knight II. Just make sure you set it to Win XP compatibility mode or it'll crash on launch.

You just need a panzerfaust for it!

I love the mods for GTA4. It makes it look like a completely different game. Where did you get the off-road bits from? Wooded rural areas were something I really missed in GTA4 and luckily returns with GTA5.

You just need a panzerfaust for it!

I love the mods for GTA4. It makes it look like a completely different game. Where did you get the off-road bits from? Wooded rural areas were something I really missed in GTA4 and luckily returns with GTA5.

Yeah its great new mods come out every day as its still a popular game with the modding scene.
That offroad one is this mod:
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/dirty-landrush-f13971

Is that ... compression? *faints*

I know I know. back before I knew how different a good PNG could look vs JPG. I've learned the error of my ways and use an imgur pro account these days. I just used that particular shot to prove a point.

I prostrate myself before you and offer these in return.

2eKRu.png

n5Fse.png

Wow, LA Noire looks nice, I thought everyone stated it was a bad port. Awesome shots Stallion Free, did you change any setting because the latter shots look better than the first four shots.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow, LA Noire looks nice, I thought everyone stated it was a bad port. Awesome shots Stallion Free, did you change any setting because the latter shots look better than the first four shots.

It all depends on the area really, it can be pretty uneven. All shots were settings maxed with the in-game FXAA + 1440p downsampling. MSAA destroys performance :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
*that you are interested in*
Disagreed. That might be true for most console games as they're designed around the controller, but the extra buttons on the keyboard can be great in RTS, RPGs etc.
Oh?

I wasn't talking about a gamepad.

94%7c1e833e%7c99e5_10416-img8791s.jpg
Belkin_n52te_Tournament_Edition_SpeedPadieyStandard.jpg

No matter which genre you're talking these options are vastly superior to a keyboard. You have instant access to many more commands than you do with a keyboard without moving your hand. With the G13 you can even remove the tiny default analog stick and slide a nice 360 analog in there for much improved control. You get full analog movement in many games with a fuck ton of buttons are your disposal. Combine those with the right mouse and you've got a killer combo. Only thing missing is a wireless version of these pads.

Like I said, keyboards are a relic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
scitek, you post some of my favourite shots in this thread. But those Dead Space 2 shots are horrible. I had a double take as I thought I was looking at Dead Space 1, and didn't recall the game looking that bad.

scitek

scitek, you post some of my favourite shots in this thread. But those Dead Space 2 shots are horrible. I had a double take as I thought I was looking at Dead Space 1, and didn't recall the game looking that bad.

Hmm, well Dead Space 1 doesn't look much different lol Those are the first I've posted downsampled with SMAA. The other two I had wouldn't upload. :x

RooMHM

No matter which genre you're talking these options are vastly superior to a keyboard. You have instant access to many more commands than you do with a keyboard without moving your hand. With the G13 you can even remove the tiny default analog stick and slide a nice 360 analog in there for much improved control. You get full analog movement in many games with a fuck ton of buttons are your disposal. Combine those with the right mouse and you've got a killer combo. Only thing missing is a wireless version of these pads.

Like I said, keyboards are a relic.
Wow, no.

Oh?

I wasn't talking about a gamepad.

http://static.trustedreviews.com/94%7c1e833e%7c99e5_10416-img8791s.jpg[img][img]http://sale.images.woot.com/Belkin_n52te_Tournament_Edition_SpeedPadieyStandard.jpg[img]

Like I said, keyboards are a relic.[/QUOTE]

No matter which genre eh? If you were only talking about fighting, driving, and 2D sidescrollers I would agree. But for everything else I will always choose kbam. Even for games like Just Cause 2 that are barely more than xbox controls pasted onto a keyboard and mouse. But games like Batman and Dead Space (using d3d overrider) are far superior with kbam.

Make a list of games you think should work better with a controller, and I will pick one for us both to make a video of us playing it. We will compare.

Note: I'm on a backup keyboard right now. It's PS/2 so you know it wont allow me to move forward/backwards and left at the same time if I'm holding down a 3rd key. But I'm confident that still wont be an issue.

Top Bottom