• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT| Rubio Early Favorite for Racist of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch responds to Kobe's "Trade Pau or don't" rant

Mitch said:
“As a former player, I understand how the days leading up to the trade deadline can be nerve-wracking for an NBA player. Nonetheless, as General Manager of the Lakers, I have a responsibility to ownership, our fans and the players on this team to actively pursue opportunities to improve the team for this season and seasons to come. To say publicly that we would not do this would serve no purpose and put us at a competitive disadvantage. Taking such a course of action at this time would be a disservice to ownership, the team and our many fans.

pilonv1

updated

wait til

amare is back
baron is healthy
melo is back
jr smith signs
melo learns to play with lin
shumpsdagod is back
chandler isn't in foul trouble
melo is traded
amare's contract runs out
pringles is fired
nets move to brooklyn

This loss clearly ain't on Lin but the media and idiot NBA fans watching will put it on him... derp Linsanity derailed!!1

Amar'e is terrible. He's shooting 44% this year, which is just terrible for a guy that's a perennial 50%+ shooter. No surprise that he's 6 for 17. Add in Melo's 6 TOs and uncanny ability to stagnate the offense and this game's anyone but Lin's fault.

Doubtful. I'm expecting headlines like this: "Is Anthony too Melo for Linsanity?"

Played a shitty game, no question. But the people making fun of the Knicks like they can't turn into a contender by the end of the season are just silly. If Magic Johnson says they can become a special team, then no matter what any NeoGAF poster says, they can become special. We have the talent and are pretty deep.

"Can" and "Are" mean different things. Rome wasn't built in a day. Obviously they aren't a contender right now and regardless we should have won this game, there is no easy "wait till Melo/Amare/Baron come back" easy fix - it'll take time and practice, that's all.

1176177_o.gif

Played a shitty game, no question. But the people making fun of the Knicks like they can't turn into a contender by the end of the season are just silly. If Magic Johnson says they can become a special team, then no matter what any NeoGAF poster says, they can become special. We have the talent and are pretty deep.

"Can" and "Are" mean different things. Rome wasn't built in a day. Obviously they aren't a contender right now and regardless we should have won this game, there is no easy "wait till Melo/Amare/Baron come back" easy fix - it'll take time and practice, that's all.
Magic Johnson rides whatever bandwagon is popular. I don't think I've ever heard a real opinion from him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

You honestly think the Knicks CAN turn into a championship contender within the next 30 games? Haha.

giga

This loss clearly ain't on Lin but the media and idiot NBA fans watching will put it on him... derp Linsanity derailed!!1

Amar'e is terrible. He's shooting 44% this year, which is just terrible for a guy that's a perennial 50%+ shooter. No surprise that he's 6 for 17. Add in Melo's 6 TOs and uncanny ability to stagnate the offense and this game's anyone but Lin's fault.
Some "linsanity" games weren't won just because of Lin either. I hear this is a team game.

Fatalah

updated

wait til

amare is back
baron is healthy
melo is back
jr smith signs
melo learns to play with lin
shumpsdagod is back
chandler isn't in foul trouble
melo is traded
amare's contract runs out
pringles is fired
nets move to brooklyn
How about some practice time together? Can't wait for Harrelson to come back, yet another player.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think he does that every game he plays. Seriously

He's so terrible.

Karl completely outcoached Adelman that half. Went small, putting Harrington at the 5 and went into a zone and clowned the Wolves last 8-9 minutes-ish. They had no idea how to attack the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom