• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Jeff-DSA

San Diego State got down by 16 at home, so the refs just stopped calling fouls on them. If you want to see something sadly funny, check out what's going on there. They're hacking the snot out of the Lobos and never calling a thing.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2m
Winding down pic.twitter.com/AHw7j8jZ5q

BiQv57UIcAAi7Ar.png

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4m
I see Rodney Hood and Josh Hairston at the bonfire as well. Lots of Dre chants, assume he's in there somewhere

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 5m
Jabari Parker is at the bonfire. Says to a Crazie, in jest, "Man, you're getting paint on my clothes!" pic.twitter.com/z09orNiqBi

BiQvRJiIgAArW6F.png:large

In Durham, they have bonfires. Up at Maryland, they have riots.

And yes, I'm taking an off-topic parting shot at the Turtles on their way out of the league.

Kalnos

Banned
so
Since there's a 99% chance Wichita St finishes off their last game to go 34-0: What do you guys think of them?

They're a good team that went to the FF last year and almost beat Louisville. Kinda hope they go undefeated and win the NC just because no one has done it since IU.

guessing they choke in the elite 8 or something

Question? Did Green Bay do enough despite losing to Milwaukee in the Conference Tourney? They are 24-6 and beat Virginia so is that good enough for an at large bid.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
UNC fans (and other overzealous court-stormers), take note:

@dukeblueplanet
PSA from Crazies: Friends don't let friends storm the floor

BiQiWcXIgAAfxqT.jpg:medium

Literally all of the concerns I've expressed over the past few days were answered in the 2nd half of this game. Quinn decided to show up and play a solid game. Our 3s finally started to fall at the percentage they should be.

I'm pretty sure UNC decided to start fouling us every possession starting at the 3:00 mark solely to give ammo to all of the anti-Duke trolls who will be/are complaining about Duke getting all of the calls in Cameron.

Hell of a game. If Paige doesn't hit a few miracle 3s near the end of the second half, it would've been a 15+ point blowout. So proud of our guys work on the glass tonight. We had no business outrebounding UNC by 14.

I almost got a chance to smoke a victory cigar tonight with Quinn. He tried to get into Whiskey, where I was hanging out with some friends, but of course he was turned away because it's a 23+ private establishment, and he's only 20. I hope he ended up at Shooters.

Fjordson

Think I saw Luke Kennard behind the Duke bench in a Duke shirt on TV. Smh. Grew up a UK fan and he's visited UK like six times unofficially, but we're probably gonna lose him to Coach K.

If we suck it up for a third year in a row next year our recruiting is going to take an even bigger dive than it already has.

Think I saw Luke Kennard behind the Duke bench in a Duke shirt on TV. Smh. Grew up a UK fan and he's visited UK like six times unofficially, but we're probably gonna lose him to Coach K.

If we suck it up for a third year in a row next year our recruiting is going to take an even bigger dive than it already has.

Well, I don't know, seems kids are pretty fluid with their apparel during recruiting. But anyway, Duke had a lot of "targets" attending last night.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 11h
#Duke targets here: Myles Turner (2014), Luke Kennard (2015), Chase Jeter (15) Harry Giles (2016), Joshua Langford (16), Dennis Smith (16)

And, of course, Okafor and Winslow (already committed) were there, as well.

Fjordson

Well, I don't know, seems kids are pretty fluid with their apparel during recruiting. But anyway, Duke had a lot of "targets" attending last night.
That's true, though I've seen a couple of Kentucky insiders even saying within the last week that he could be Duke's to lose. And I know half the time insiders are just guessing, but I definitely think these two down years have hurt recruiting a bit so I won't really be shocked if Kennard doesn't end up coming here.

AndI had no idea Myles Turner was there as well. If you guys manage to get Turner then that will be a nasty frontcourt next year with him and Okafor.

Pretty sure they're out. Sucks.

How can you be sure. I think they've done enough. That victory over Virginia helps out and they're losses aren't bad either. I wouldn't write them off yet just cause they're a mid major. This happened to Butler before when they was in the Horizon league.

dmag1223

How can you be sure. I think they've done enough. That victory over Virginia helps out and they're losses aren't bad either. I wouldn't write them off yet just cause they're a mid major. This happened to Butler before when they was in the Horizon league.

No chance. As a Wright State alum I'm happy we got the championship game at home, but I feel bad for Green Bay, who was clearly the best team in the conference.

No chance. As a Wright State alum I'm happy we got the championship game at home, but I feel bad for Green Bay, who was clearly the best team in the conference.

I stick by my notion that they did good enough to get an at large bid for the toruney. The Horizon league can send two teams. Don't know why you're quick to right them off so fast. Like I said the same thing happened to Butler in 2002(who lost to UWM also) and they got an at large bid. I not writing them off at all.

satisfaction1.gif

Hell of a game last night. Great energy and atmosphere inside Cameron, Duke played well (outside of a 2 or 3 minute spell in the 2nd half) like I thought they would. Parker and Hood were dominant. Campus was live after the game. Great way to start Spring Break

A couple shout-outs:

Marcus Paige- That dude's nice. (Even though that 4 point play was bs, he wasn't touched)

Tony Romo- I knew he was coming to the game, but I didn't know he was going to be that into it. He was cheering and rooting as much as the Crazies. (Note: Him and Jason Garrett were "sitting" right beside the Duke recruits/targets. Romo had a nice dialogue going with Jahlil Okafor)

JMM's razor- As bad as his struggle beard looks on TV, it looks 5 times worse in person.

dmag1223

I stick by my notion that they did good enough to get an at large bid for the toruney. The Horizon league can send two teams. Don't know why you're quick to right them off so fast. Like I said the same thing happened to Butler in 2002(who lost to UWM also) and they got an at large bid. I not writing them off at all.

The Horizon League sucking this year really pulls them down. I think they're good enough to get an at large, but lets face it, their entire resume is based of one really good win vs. Virginia in early December. With a RPI and BPI in the 60s I just don't think its good enough to get an at large from the committee. I hope I'm wrong though.

What a parting gift it would be if Maryland beat Virginia in their last ACC regular season game.

I wonder if they rush the court and start rioting in the streets or is that only for their (non) rival Duke.

Karl2177

Ejim gets Big 12 player of the year, isn't up for the Wooden award. Whoever is in charge of the Wooden is a big ACC and B1G homer.

Tough call against UVa

Ejim gets Big 12 player of the year, isn't up for the Wooden award. Whoever is in charge of the Wooden is a big ACC and B1G homer.

Anderson (PAC12)
Early (MVC)
Ennis (ACC)
Fair (ACC)
Harris (B1G)
Johnson (PAC12)
Kilpatrick (AAC)
McDermott (BE)
Napier (AAC)
Parker (ACC)
Prather (SEC)
Randle (SEC)
Smith (AAC)
Stauskas (B1G)
Wiggins (B12)

4/15 from the great ACC/B1G cabal. Total homerism.

Businesses in the College Park area are advised to board up their windows tonight.

Don't leave your car parked in the streets. When you come back, I guarantee you it will be on fire.

Now the question is, does this drop Virginia to the 3 seed? No other way to put it, this was a really bad loss

I think their ceiling is a 2 if they win the ACC tournament, 3 if they don't. I know nothing from nothing, but I don't count out Syracuse as a 1 if they can win out from here, despite their recent tailspin, but I think they need help from maybe Wisconsin or Villanova losing in their tournaments.

Duke will be a 2 or 3, depending on how they do in the ACC tournament. They don't need to win it to remain a 2, but they can't lose Friday or look bad on Saturday.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I had to listen to most of the game in my car. Winter needs to get its sorry unwanted ass out of town. I'm sick of its bullshit.
Awesome game by Hood, Parker and the seniors stepped up. Question is, can they do it consistently, thats been the problem this year. Can't rain on the parade though/

Talon

Game was done the moment McAdoo got his fourth foul. What a stupid foul by the way. Your guy beat you to the spot. No reason to get an over the back foul ever. Just stupid.

Hell of a performance by Parker and Hood. The offensive rebounding was crazy, though. Just unexpected.

Paige is really good basketball person. If only Hairston wasn't a historic dumbfuck.

Top Bottom